You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The 2009 NFL Season Thread

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Bears are done.

I agree, and it hurts to say that. 4

Even if/when the Vikings implode, it doesn't really help Chicago because there's no way they can take advantage of any slip ups. By some miracle from God let's say they sneak into the playoffs, what good does it do? While the defense is still good, its not good enough to carry the whole team like in years past.

Cutler picked the absolute worst moment to choke. I'd give my left nut to have Orton and Jones back on the team.

Technically they're still alive, but we're gonna have to see a ton of suckage by a lot of teams to start even dreaming of playoffs.

Bears need to make a LOT of changes in the offseason. Start from scratch and build around Hester.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

hester sucked last night too..at least 2 interceptions were his fault

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah the Bears need some WR's.  Hester, Knox, and Bennett aren't striking fear into any teams.  They're all #3, MAYBE #2's at absolute best.  But they need a legit threat for Cutler to throw to.  I do think Cutler is overrated and Denver was smart to get rid of him.  Also, Orton has come crashing back down to earth since he and the Broncos got off to such a hot start.  BUT, Cutler can do some things if he's given some weapons to work with.  That's been proven.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:

I don't think the Cowboys are that good either.  But, I thought the Eagles WERE and they disposed of them last week on the road (right?).  So I either overvalued the Eagles or undervalued the Boys.

The Eagles got destroyed by Oakland, faldor. I don't think there is any good team in the NFC east.

There's going to be a huge wake up call for cowboy fans come the Saints game.

I'm not even sure the Cowboys are better than the Packers. If you remember, Dallas struggled against Tampa, too, at the start of the season and almost lost.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Cowboys will make the playoffs, but they won't get far... like always.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think it's the Saints, and Minn is pretty good. Everyone else is pretty far down & who gets hot in December will get the other division & wildcard spots. Until then....

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Fucking Bears.

faldor

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:

I don't think the Cowboys are that good either.  But, I thought the Eagles WERE and they disposed of them last week on the road (right?).  So I either overvalued the Eagles or undervalued the Boys.

The Eagles got destroyed by Oakland, faldor. I don't think there is any good team in the NFC east.

There's going to be a huge wake up call for cowboy fans come the Saints game.

I'm not even sure the Cowboys are better than the Packers. If you remember, Dallas struggled against Tampa, too, at the start of the season and almost lost.

Good point.  Oakland used to be a tough place to play, 10 years ago.  But there's no excuse for a "good" team to lose there these days.  I guess the NFC East is still completely up for grabs.  Strange how the Giants can lose 4 straight games and still be in good shape.

I STILL think Philly is the best of the bunch though.  They have the best defense of the 3 teams, IMO.  Cowboys probably have a better offense, but the Eagles can score points when things are clicking.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

a lot of people think pats-indy will be a big time shoot-out. i dont see that happening. the past two years between the two teams neither has broken 30 points. im thinking we'll see a 24-20 type score in this one. they just play eachother too tough.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I tend to agree.  Indy's D is a little beat up right now, but it's been that way the last couple weeks and they've done alright.  They held Houston's offense in check last week, so I don't see New England torching them necessarily.  New England's D has played pretty well this year too.  They're giving up some yards, but not many points. 

Of course neither defense has really faced a Brady or Manning respectively, so we'll see which wins out.

Board footer