You are not logged in. Please register or login.

maguire22
 Rep: 11 

Re: Your six degrees of GNR?

maguire22 wrote:

Daft one for a Sunday... cool

Yesterday down at Camden Market I ran into an ex who used to be in a band, and it reminded me of her telling me back in about '97 that she knew a producer (and no I can't remember his name right now, it might come to me later - anyway fairly little-league UK based guy) who knew Bill Price, who produced UYI, and therefore knew GnR at that time.

The theory is everyone's only six degrees of seperation away from anyone else on earth, so do you have a six degrees from GnR story? 22

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I run a forum for a band that used to be great
I know the singer of the band
The singer knows Bumblefoot
Bumblefoot is in GNR

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I saw GnR live in 1992.  That's about as close as I need to be.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

In 2006, I was hand shaking distance from Axl... so 'zero' degees for me I guess.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

The closest I've gotten to Slash is one degree... Axl's just too elusive.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Met Weird Al Yankovic in an airport 14 years ago. Weird Al knew MJ, MJ knew Slash, and Slash was obviously in GNR.

Met Dan Spivey and Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer in the 80s, so maybe some bizarre wrestling connection could be made.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

met an american guy working in a gas station in Christchurch New Zealand who claimed he went to school with Axl? Seemed random, but I had no reason to doubt he was telling the truth...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

When I went to Svalbard - Longyearbyen (it's an archipeligo that's North of Norway in the Artic circle).  Anyhow, the guy we stayed with there flew the rescue helicopter (took us out in it too).  I got talking with him about GNR (as you do when you are on the piss) and he told me a story where he was supposed to fly the band to some concert venue (I can't recall where).  Anyhow, he was the co-pilot at the time, and the pilot refused to take the band when they arrived  because they were too wasted so they had to make other arrangements.  Apparently they were fucken angry so was the manager (presumably Goldstein).

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Met Dan Spivey and Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer in the 80s, so maybe some bizarre wrestling connection could be made.

Axl guest hosting RAW = Win.

Axl + Chris Jericho = best heel tag team ever.

Board footer