You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Lady GaGa Thread

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Glad to see he's gonna go ahead and release it.

Personally as soon as she started putting up walls, he should've just cut contact... waited, and put it out. He's only doing it as a service to her, he doesn't NEED her permission.

In the end it doesn't really matter. Weird Al has been irrelevant for YEARS.

Maybe that's why she balked at the idea at first, but after Al made a big stink about it, it sort of forced her hand.  Otherwise, she'd look like a bit of a b'yatch.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Meh

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Meh

I concur. I'm a pretty bad GaGa fan but for all the hype that track in particular received, it's so-so at best.

That's been my reaction as well.  Not a very good follow up to Born This Way. 

When I heard it on the radio the first time I thought it was MIA.  She kinda sounds like her on the verses.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Rolling Stone
Are you offended by Lady Gaga's latest video, 'Judas'? http://bit.ly/my8osf
[youtube]wagn8Wrmzuc&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

She's  nothing more than "look at what a  freak I am and oh yeah by the way I have a song"   And everyone goes "ooohhhh she's so eccentric and original and creative" Ummm... NO! You've all been duped

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The song Judas sucks and my anticipation for this record keeps declining as each new song comes out. Don't give two shits about the video.

This record may be her MAYA where she shits the bed and people start walking away in droves.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I don't really see how this is any different than her past work.  How is it different than "Alejandro", "Paparazzi", etc.?  It sounds the same to me.  Repetitive beat, shout out Gaga a few times so people know it's her.  Follows the same formula.  I like some of her songs, this one isn't one of her finest IMO, but I don't see it as a decline in her work and/or popularity.  Though, I hope I'm wrong.  She could stand to be taken down a few levels.

I will say though, I applaud her for making her music videos such a big event.  She takes the process seriously and makes it worthwhile to the viewer for an industry that has lost a lot of luster and importance over the years.  Maybe, at the very least, she can keep people interested in music videos, if not increase interest.

Board footer