You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GnREvolution Movie Madness II - Round 1, Battle 25

Neemo wrote:

Round 1, Battle 25 (70's Bracket)

movie_madness_banner.jpg

The movie with the most votes will move on to "Round 2". You have one day ... Vote!

Alien (1979)

vs.

The Deer Hunter (1978)

------------------------------------------------------
Note: Please uses the discussion and results thread to talk about the battles, results and general discussion about this GnREvolution Movie Madness II Tourney, just use the voting threads to place your votes.
Disclaimer: Do not forget to actually place your vote using the poll system. If you do not vote in the the poll then your vote will not count.
Tie Breaker Rule: I do not typically vote in the battles, as such if there is a tie at the end of the prescribed 1 day voting period then my vote will count only then to serve as the tiebreaker.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

alien

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

tough choice. i went with deer hunter

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

In space, no one can hear deer scream.

Deer Hunter it is.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

My favourite Alien.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Alien

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The first round of this Madness series has been insane. Half of them are match ups worthy of final rounds. Masterpieces get eliminated but no one bitches because great films knocked them out.

I have to vote for Deer Hunter. Alien is good, but its sequel was vastly superior.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

How exactly? Coz it has more American Macho-ism? The first one has ten times the suspence, ten times the story telling and ten times the authenticity. The 2nd film is a goodmovie, but it is just the same film with an added popcorn factor and punch the air bravado added in.
Any film that has Ian Holm in it shits on Bill Loudmouth Paxton.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Aliens is one of the best action films ever made. It also has suspense, and the script is so good that it can easily be a stand alone film with zero need of watching Alien.

Bill Paxton was great in this. Some of his lines are still quoted by people decades later, and will continue to be.

Board footer