You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

Gong wrote:

Stop having such unrealistic expectations for New Guns.

Stop taking them so seriously.

Chinese Democracy was a cool album. Most of the talent on that album is long gone.

This is Axl's vanity project - not a real band. Do any of you really take them seriously?

Stop trying to prove that this is some golden age for Guns N' Roses.

New Guns put out one album with a bunch of filler songs like Riad N the Bedouins.

Unless Axl puts out another record real soon - which he won't - they are just never going to be seen as anything more than Axl's vanity project.

Sorry.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Gong wrote:

Chinese Democracy was a cool album. Most of the talent on that album is long gone.

This is Axl's vanity project - not a real band. Do any of you really take them seriously?

New Guns put out one album with a bunch of filler songs like Riad N the Bedouins.

Unless Axl puts out another record real soon - which he won't - they are just never going to be seen as anything more than Axl's vanity project.

Sorry.

Riad is one of the highlights on that album.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Gong wrote:

Sorry.

No need to say you're sorry. That's just your opinion, dude.

I take Axl serious. Don't think there's a single filler song on the album. And no one has any idea when another album will come out. Just like CD, people were disgusted with others who had the nerve to say CD would come out. Same thing here.

I dig Axl's vanity project cool

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Buzz, I think you underestimate the intelligence of the average forum junkie.  Yeah, there are a few delusional people who think CD had the greatest production of all time(a massive LOL at that), and some think it's the greatest GNR album of all time.

In reality, it was a GOOD album. Nothing more, nothing less. Nobody expected something mind blowing from this project. That ship sailed when songs started leaking and we got our peak behind the curtain.

The album was not technically a failure. It didn't have any hit singles and didn't grab the public by the balls, but it sold enough to not be considered a failure. If anything failed, it was strictly from a promotional standpoint.

Where I do agree with you(at least partially) is that the interest in a second album will be much less. Its going to be their Libertad. However, we now live in another musical era fueled by singles and not albums, so all it takes is ONE song to put them back on the map. ONE SONG.

So the real question is not "does he have a second album?", but "does he have one song?"

He doesn't need a mind blowing album, which is a good thing because he probably doesn't have one. All he needs is a Cochise or Vertigo, and even if the song is sandwiched between pure filler, he's on the front page of every website and magazine.

Like Madagas said, he's a major underachiever, but he has enough talent to where you cant just write him off that easy.

omg plz stop. youse are all just saying the same things. then buzz says the same things in reply. then someone else says the opposite of buzz again, then he says what he's been saying for the last 14 pages again. and it's just too much dizziness.

That cycle has been going on since the old newsgroups on Prodigy back in 1995, and you're just now catching on and getting tired of it??

You're a GNR fan for fucks sake. Get used to shit being rehashed.

for all we know imposter just posted lyrics 2 soul monster!! & in here u guys are just chasing ur own tails..

That crap has been going on since the Prodigy days as well, and I prefer to read peoples opinions instead of fake mindless drivel....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Your Decison sat at #1 on the rock charts for what - months? And that's Alice In Chains without it's original lead singer.

I have no doubt that Guns N' Roses, especially a really catchy "If You Only Knew"-type ballad with a companion video would reign for a fucking long ass time.

Sky Dog wrote:

Is the Alice in Chains album even Gold in the US? I don't think so. It is about record sales and digital sales. Play on the radio is almost meaningless these days. Radio sucks....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, but it actually proves the point. That song sitting on that chart on radio, means it also no doubtedly gonna be a big download. Like others have said, people download songs.

This isn't 1991. DJ's are not gonna sit there and play non-single cuts off of UYI.

The fact alone that that song held that kind of domination shows it's GOT to be about the hits, not the album.

Radio DJ's today are programmed robots who walk into a studio (trust me, I know them personally), and just play what their program director tells them to, from a pre-approved list of songs. Even though that's been going on for years, there used to be some actual rebels in that pussy industry.

Most people that do it now, aren't even fans. Just "broadcasters". They play what's sitting in front of them. And even still, they almost always get more requests for back catalog shit than they do current stuff, with any artist.

Sky Dog wrote:

The new Alice in Chains doesn't sell as many records as the new Gnr, doesn't sell as many concert tickets, doesn't sell as many t-shirts, doesn't sell anything close to the new Gnr...digital, upside down reach arounds...you are grasping for straws. The old Gnr was MUCH bigger on a worldwide basis than the old Alice. The same goes for the new Gnr. Nothing has changed -both just have smaller fanbases now. Nobody cares about radio anymore and nobody cares about MTV anymore. There is a million different ways to hear music. hmm

Although it is a good comparison, the Gnr brand is and always will be bigger than the Alice in Chains brand. That doesn't mean the music is  better, it just means one is a more commercial entity.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There's a million ways to see videos, too. Why was it so impossible to load the Better video to their myspace/youtube? Even do something with Fuse? It makes no sense. But this is GNR...

Regarding singles, I still don't think GNR have a big single in them. I could be wrong though. CD did pretty good as a single, a lot better than Better, which really shocked me.  It's hard to read what people will like. Just like most of us were shocked that the reviewers of CD loved IRS and Riad.

Maybe Shacklers could have been their big single. Or even Prostitute. Its hard to tell. The least likely single was the stronger one. I really thought Better would have been received very well. And I was wrong.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
madagas wrote:

The new Alice in Chains doesn't sell as many records as the new Gnr, doesn't sell as many concert tickets, doesn't sell as many t-shirts, doesn't sell anything close to the new Gnr...digital, upside down reach arounds...you are grasping for straws. The old Gnr was MUCH bigger on a worldwide basis than the old Alice. The same goes for the new Gnr. Nothing has changed -both just have smaller fanbases now. Nobody cares about radio anymore and nobody cares about MTV anymore. There is a million different ways to hear music. hmm

Although it is a good comparison, the Gnr brand is and always will be bigger than the Alice in Chains brand. That doesn't mean the music is  better, it just means one is a more commercial entity.

Black Gives Way To Blue has hit Gold and Your Decision spent a long time on top of the rock charts.  Check My Brain did pretty good as well.

Board footer