You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GnREvolution Movie Madness II - The Championship

Neemo wrote:

Round 5 - The Championship

movie_madness_banner.jpg

At long last we are down to final 4 Movies ... I thought for a while on how to end the tourney and what would be fair as far as pairings went for the Final 4 ... in the end I decided to pit the winners from each decade against each other in a Battle Royale and may the best movie win. The movie with the most votes will win the GnREvolution Movie Madness II Tournament. You have two days ... Vote!

The Godfather: Part II (1974)

vs.

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

vs.

Fight Club (1999)

vs.

The Dark Knight (2008)

------------------------------------------------------
Note: Please uses the discussion and results thread to talk about the battles, results and general discussion about this GnREvolution Movie Madness II Tourney, just use the voting threads to place your votes.
Disclaimer: Do not forget to actually place your vote using the poll system. If you do not vote in the the poll then your vote will not count.
Tie Breaker Rule: I do not typically vote in the battles, as such if there is a tie at the end of the prescribed 1 day voting period then my vote will count only then to serve as the tiebreaker.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

the joker

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Wow, going to have to think about this one for a while. I'm guessing Godfather II will win, with Fight Club and Dark Knight competing for the same block of people and splitting the vote between them.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Thanks to Neemo for all his hard work - this tourney has been fun.

AtariLegend wrote:

It was pretty close between "The Dark Knight" and "The Empire Strikes Back" to me.

Obviously got love "The Godfather Part II", but "Fight Club" is not something I'd want to see in the cinema several times, good film... Not even close to epic overload of repeat viewings for me.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sometimes the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Godfather II deserves to win, but it looks like the Batman fan club showed up for the last dance.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Think all three films up there deserve this more than TDK. Although tbh Star War doesn't deserve it much more either. This really should be between Fight Club and Godfather II. Although I prefer Fight Club gonna go with Godfather to help it out.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Godfather II deserves to win, but it looks like the Batman fan club showed up for the last dance.

You ever gonna tell me what your issue with Batman is?

You don't like Burton, you don't like Nolan... what's left, the Animated Series?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Godfather II deserves to win, no doubt, so it gets my vote.  Even though I prefer Empire Strikes Back.  I can't believe the love The Dark Knight has gotten around here.  I mean it was a good movie, but man.  I must've voted against it the last 4 rounds or so.  By far the worst film on the list, yet it's in the lead.  I don't get it.

Board footer