You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: BP's top kill effort fails to plug Gulf oil leak

slcpunk wrote:

Drill baby drill!

palinwink.jpg

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Mr Tony Hayward is actually laughing and smiling at the matter when confronted, saying, "I  have a thick skin I can take all the flack".. is this cunt for real ?
I could not believe my eyes/ears..  someone bury this fucker

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Cramer wrote:

I keep hearing the Katrina comparison but I don't see it. Katrina was a failure of the State and Federal governments to prepare and react to a natural disaster. This is a royal fuck up by private industry (capitalism run riot.) While the government should be doing everything they can to expedite a solution, it's simply not their job to be an expert on this; it's BP's job.

Who BP contributes to is irrelevant imo. If you were to argue that they were awarded no bid contracts by Obama's pals for instance (an example) I'd accept that argument. But what are you implying? That because BP donated huge sums of moola that Obama won't put on a scuba suit and fix the patch himself until day 60?

Thanks, NA beer please. 5

Who they contribute to is irrelevant? It gives incentive to the person receiving the money to favor them. They scratched his back when it counted, now he has to reciprocate.

Obama does give out no bid contracts(not talking about this case). It was evil under Bush but is now a bowl of peaches and cream. I'm unable to comprehend how it is different just because there's a D next to one of their names. Same with this "drill baby drill' stuff. Palin mentions it=EVIL. Obama does it=manna from heaven.

Cramer wrote:

Drill baby drill!

palinwink.jpg

Feds approve new Gulf oil well off La

Federal regulators approved Wednesday the first new Gulf of Mexico oil well since President Barack Obama lifted a brief ban on drilling in shallow water, even while deepwater projects remain frozen after the massive BP spill.

The Minerals Management Service granted a new drilling permit sought by Bandon Oil and Gas for a site about 50 miles off the coast of Louisiana and 115 feet below the ocean's surface. It's south of Rockefeller State Wildlife Refuge and Game Preserve, far to the west of the Deepwater Horizon oil rig that triggered the BP spill.

Obama last week extended a moratorium on wells in deep water like the BP one that blew out a mile below the surface in April and is gushing millions of gallons of oil. But at the same time, the president quietly allowed a three-week-old ban on drilling in shallow water to expire.

"I'm outraged," said Kieran Suckling, executive director for the Tucson, Ariz.-based Center for Biological Diversity. "How is it that shallow water drilling suddenly became safe again?"

Bandon Oil and Gas first sought the permit in April shortly after the Deepwater Horizon exploded and sank. The permit was approved Wednesday morning, according to MMS records.

Suckling said the administration was misleading the public by quietly resuming work in shallow waters while acting as if it was taking a tough look at deepwater work.

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said in a news release Sunday that the extended moratorium on deepwater drilling was needed to provide time to implement new safety requirements.

"With the BP oil spill still growing in the Gulf, and investigations and reviews still under way, a six-month pause in drilling is needed, appropriate, and prudent," Salazar said. He said the term "deepwater" referred to drilling at depths of 500 feet or greater.

Frank Quimby, a spokesman for the Department of the Interior, said officials were comfortable with a variety of interim safety measures for shallow drilling, such as re-certification to ensure that blowout preventers will work properly. Officials plan to soon distribute a formal note to companies that outlines all the required actions.

"The interim safety measures, as long as they're completely adhered to, we feel that's enough for the shallow-water drilling to proceed under closer scrutiny and stepped-up inspections," Quimby said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100602/ap_ … l_new_well

Drill Baby Drill!!

barack_obama1233147541.jpg

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Maybe Sarah Palin could do better???

It's interesting that at a time like this...one person's only comment is, "obama sucks...can't wait for 2012." Hardly helpful  in any way, nor does it shed any light on the topic.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Maybe Sarah Palin could do better???

Probably not. She'd be doing the same thing he's doing.....grinning and drilling.

I assume you'll be a huge supporter of Palin if she runs in 2012.

It's interesting that at a time like this...one person's only comment is, "obama sucks...can't wait for 2012." Hardly helpful  in any way, nor does it shed any light on the topic.

That wasn't my only comment.

Instead of taking your usual jab at me, be helpful and shed light.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I would try to be helpful...but my attention is always swayed with redirecting comments...

I mean...we could talk about important topics...but wouldn't it be more fun to point fingers at everyone else?

At least that's what I've learned from these examples...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Obama does give out no bid contracts(not talking about this case). It was evil under Bush but is now a bowl of peaches and cream. I'm unable to comprehend how it is different just because there's a D next to one of their names. Same with this "drill baby drill' stuff. Palin mentions it=EVIL. Obama does it=manna from heaven

That's not true at all. At least in Florida. Off-shore drilling is a massive issue here, and Obama caught JUST AS MUCH HELL for his proposal of off-shore drillng from environmentalists as did Palin & Bush.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

http://climateprogress.org/2010/06/06/b … h-engines/

As BP'™s oil disaster continues to ravage the Gulf Coast, the company is ramping up its public relations and legal operations to try to salvage its reputation and protect itself from lawsuits. Now, ABC News is reporting that one such tactic BP is using is purchasing search items that have the word 'oil'  in them on various search engines to ensure that the first results that appear link directly to BP'™s official website...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Dude they're gonna get sued & lose for BILLIONS in damages... Like Exxon though, they'll go 20 years before paying. Still, just like Exxon, the Tobacco industry etc, they'll get their asses sued.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co … 654108.htm

Daniel Becnel Jr., speed dialing over a speaker phone, places a call to a lawyer for a defendant in the British Petroleum-Deepwater Horizon rig explosion and oil spill.

"This is the king of torts calling," he says when he reaches the attorney's executive assistant.

"Oh," she says. "Then it must be Danny Becnel."

Becnel, adjusting his gold-rimmed glasses, nods appreciatively from his mahogany desk strewn with an impressive pile of legal papers. It's from here, in a French colonial-style office in Reserve, La., population 10,000, that he orchestrated the filing of the first federal lawsuit eight days after the Apr. 20 blowout, and where he tracks the legal squadrons gathering to sue BP (BP) and its contractors for claims that experts say could add up to a half-a-trillion dollars or more. About 110 suits have been filed so far, according to Becnel, and dozens more appear to be on the way.

"So where the hell is Jimmy?" Becnel says to the assistant on the phone.

The sought-after party is in a meeting, but the assistant promises a quick return call. Before hanging up, she says: "Danny, would you give me some inside scoop, because I really enjoy hearing things before they get to the lawyers here."

"Now, why do you think I know stuff?" he asks.

She laughs: "Because you're the one who has the direct-dial phone to the White House."

As the spill spreads, waves of lawyers have followed. Becnel, as is his custom, is surfing out front. So far, he and partnering law firms have filed nine federal suits'”representing Louisiana commercial fishermen, a New Orleans area oyster restaurant, and Key West charter boat operators, among others'”and they're preparing to file three or four more.

Becnel, 65, is soft-spoken. In his khakis, open-collar shirt, and fondness for breaking out dog-eared volumes on industrial safety, he might be mistaken for an engineering professor. In fact, he has represented plaintiffs in some of the highest-profile class actions in American history, from fen-phen diet pills and Big Tobacco to Dow Corning breast implants and the recent Toyota (TM) sudden-acceleration cases. He demurs as to whether he actually has a direct line to the White House, though he openly admires the President, and Bradley Becnel, one of his four children, is an advance man for the Obama Administration, helping set up Presidential visits all over the world.

Addressing reports circulating on a spill litigation website that U.S. Navy submarines are tracking the oil spill, Becnel says it was his attorney brother, Robert Becnel, who contacted his "close personal friend" U.S. Navy Secretary Ray Mabus about the need for the government to monitor where the oil is going. (A Defense Dept. spokesman says the Navy has provided skimmer boats and other equipment to the spill-containment effort but knows of no submarine involvement.)

Becnel has plenty of competition in the BP litigation stakes. The spill, says Jerrold Parker, a Bonita Springs (Fla.) lawyer, may turn into "the largest disaster in American history" and is already a mass tort bonanza. A recent seminar sponsored by the Louisiana State Bar Assn. at New Orleans' downtown Sheraton Hotel, at which Becnel was one of the speakers, attracted about 300 tort attorneys from around the country. "Ultimately, you're talking about thousands of lawyers being involved," says Richard J. Arsenault, a dean of the Louisiana tort bar who is working several cases with Becnel.

(continues on link)

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

A few thoughts that came to me.

1.  Where the fuck is Al Gore during all this??   "Al, a very terrible environmental tragedy is occuring in the Gulf.  What do you have to say about it??"  Al, holding press conference, reporters wait anxiously with anticipation: "I'd like to take this time, to announce, that I am seperating from my wife, Tipper, after almost 40 years of marraige."  Reporters "WTF. That's it?? How about the Gulf?"  Al: "I have spoken with BP.  And they refused to pay my $500,000 speaking engagement fee, therefore I will not be commenting on this situation. I will instead be looking to bang some hot 19 year old like that Governor of New York a few years ago. What was her name again, Ashley Dupree?  Anyone know if she's on Facebook?!"

2. It's funny how weed is illegal. We're captive to what the people who run this country tell us we can and cannot do, and what is & isn't right for us. Drilling for oil underwater, accpetable. Smoking weed, unacceptable. Three Mile Island? Legal. Weed?  Illegal because we are telling you it is. Prozac, Zoloft, Ritilin, acceptable. Weed?  Illegal.  How about whats better for earth & not whats better for profits.

Just kinda made me laugh.

Board footer