You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: ADLER'S APPETITE In Pre-Production With CINDERELLA Drummer - Nov. 17,

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter
ADLER'S APPETITE — the band led by former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler — will begin pre-production on its new album tomorrow (Thursday, November 18) with CINDERELLA drummer Fred Coury at the helm. An early 2011 release is expected.

ADLER'S APPETITE recently released a new single, "Alive". It is currently available on iTunes as well as via other online music stores. This is the first chance for fans to get the full version of the track.

A radio edit of "Alive" was released on July 29 in conjunction with Adler's tell-all autobiography, "My Appetite for Destruction: Sex, and Drugs, and Guns N' Roses".

"The new songs are coming along great," Adler previously stated. "After the response we got from performing 'Alive' all summer, we are really excited to put out more original music."

"We are really excited to be moving forward with original material," added ADLER'S APPETITE guitarist Alex Grossi (QUIET RIOT). "I think people are really going to like the direction we are going in."

ADLER'S APPETITE's current lineup is rounded out by guitarist Michael Thomas (FASTER PUSSYCAT), bassist Chip Z'nuff (ENUFF Z'NUFF) and vocalist Rick Stitch (LADYJACK).

click link for "Alive" audio sample:

In "My Appetite for Destruction", Adler tells all, fearlessly addressing his struggles with heroin and crack addiction; his financial ruin after being kicked out of GN'R; his shattered marriage; and the severe health problems that nearly claimed his life on several occasions.

Steven finally appears to have beaten his epic twenty-year addiction. He has remained clean and sober for over the last few months under the watchful eye of family friend Dr. Drew Pinsky.

For more information, visit www.adlersappetiteonline.com.
adlerprepro.jpg
(poor audio)
[youtube]X58HrMYHrGw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
adleralive.jpg

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Fred Coury being involved just fills me with confidence......

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^ 14

at first i thought that Adler had been fired from his own band

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
Neemo wrote:

^ 14

at first i thought that Adler had been fired from his own band

Same here  big_smile  There was talk thet he was only co- owner a few weeks back 16

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

What's the beef with Fred, James?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Wait a minute, who's playing drums? I'm confused. Adler's Appetite with drummer Fred Coury at the helm... WTF?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think maybe the Fred is producing??????

I' glad to see them do some more originals.

I really enjoyed all the AA demos we had over the years, classic 80s sounding stuff, doesn't reinvent the wheel but is fun to rock to when you're in the mood.

I'd like to see AA be less about AFD and more about originals. While steven has just as much right to do an AFD show as anyone else, it's missing both slash AND axl in his show, and that's pretty rough for fans. I'd like to see original music from stevie with just the odd AFD track thrown in for encores and stuff.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
smoke wrote:

What's the beef with Fred, James?

He wasn't really the drummer on those Cinderella albums, and I don't really see any production credits other than lame tribute albums. I know Adler doesn't have his pick of producers, but COME ON.

I realize it's most likely due to his GNR connection. Was in the band London briefly, and of course performed with GNR when Adler broke his arm.

Still, get a real producer.....

For the record, I wish Adler the best of luck with this album. People joke about him all the time, but the guy had major talent and if he hadn't been so fucked up in the 90s could have probably had a career similar to Freese. Many would have wanted Adler to contribute to albums, and there was always the possibility of a high profile band choosing him as a drummer if/when that slot was available.

Adler has always been his own worst enemy.

smoke

smoke wrote:

Seems to be the case with more than one of the GNR alums.

Is that true about Fred not drumming on Cinderella's albums? They're one of the favorite (and most underrated in my opinion) bands, and I have no illusions that Tom pretty much IS the band, but I've never heard that about Fred before.  Who drummed, or was it Tom playing everything?

smoke

smoke wrote:

My bad- should have done some basic research. Looks like Coury was brought in after Night Songs was in the can. Interesting though, thanks. They've gone through more drummers than Spinal Tap.

Board footer