You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

esoterica wrote:

Mother!

Aranofsky is not my favorite filmmaker but this was interesting and provoked some good conversation.

If I ever watch it again, it'll be a long, long time from now.

Hidden Text:

Bioshock Infinite 3rd act the movie

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It Comes And Night.

So, so, so.......terrible. I feel like suing them for taking away that hour and a half of my life and replacing it with a turd. The worst Walking Dead episode was fucking Kubrick compared to this garbage. BTW, there is no "it" and nothing comes at night. Watch 28 Days Later... Or 28 Weeks later. A real virus horror film. It's one of those artsy, patronizing, slow as fuck, anti-horror horror films.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

American Assassin. Pretty good film.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I got a Ernest triple feature DVD. Ernest Goes to the Army, Goes to Africa, and Goes to School. I had to get it. I love Ernest's first couple movies and I don't think I've watched these before.

Gonna watch one before bed.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Saw It at the weekend. Enjoyed it, not read the books or seen the previous version so had a fairly open mind. Pennywise was genuinely creepy and some surprisingly funny moments from the kids as well.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

A Private Eye wrote:

Saw It at the weekend. Enjoyed it, not read the books or seen the previous version so had a fairly open mind. Pennywise was genuinely creepy and some surprisingly funny moments from the kids as well.

I really enjoyed it as well. Excited for Chapter 2!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The Babadook- I remember the insane hype for this. I went in with very low expectations but it had me on the edge of my seat for awhile. I was expecting this to all be in his mother's head and she was being driven crazy thanks to having to raise him. My interest started fading as the story lost something IMO when you realized the babadook was going to be real.

Menace II Society

I hadn't watched this since it came out in 93. Just as good as I remembered it. Funny how the best movies on gangsta culture was in the years before it became such a huge part of our culture.

Pet Semetary- I watched it again after reading that the remake is finally happening. It has its moments(Hi Zelda!) but its not worthy of the subject matter being dealt with.

The Stepfather remake-

Pretty good retread. I still prefer the original. Jill Schoelen.... Yummy!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Was The Babadook real, though? I still have my suspicions....

Get Out. The most overrated film ever. They're calling racism because it's been submitted as a comedy for an award. You write a character like the TSA agent don't bitch about people thinking it was a comedy.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

James has a legendary diverse taste in films/TV:

Ernest Goes to the Army
Menace II Society
Party of Five

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

The Foreigner. Fast paced, entertaining Jackie Chan thriller.

Board footer