You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: LARS ULRICH Holding Up Release of GNR 'Better' Video?

Saikin wrote:
faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

It doesn't really matter at this point if there's a physical single to buy. The song was DOA.

Move on to the next one. Sadly, there's no clear cut choice for a third single.

Not sure if it's DOA, at last check it's been on the rise the last couple of weeks and was at #20, it's peak position, on the mainstream rock chart last week. 

Now, I'm not saying that's anything to brag about, but if it continues to climb it'd be hard to label it as dead.  Of course this weeks charts should be out soon and could signal that, but I haven't seen them yet.

I just heard Better on the radio for the first time last night.  Not quite the single some of us thought it would be.

Though i have noticed since Chinese Democracy has been released, I have heard a lot of songs i never thought i'd hear on my local rock station.  I've heard SCOM, November Rain, Civil War and Don't Cry.  They've been playing GNR more now than they have probably played total in the last 10 years.  But they've played the old material more than the new.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

The station I listen to (Sirius Octane) doesn't play any old GNR, only new.  So I've heard plenty of Chinese Democracy and Better, also Shackler's, Sorry, and TWAT.  I think they played SOME old GNR when VR took over the station for a weekend, but that's about it.  I always found it a little strange that they didn't play songs from AFD or UYI.  I guess they leave that for Hair Nation and the classic rock stations.  But it's not like they're exclusively a new rock station.  They play old Metallica and stuff.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

If tonight the video doesn´t come out...I gonna wait more time...

I gave up,actually I don't even care about if Axl puts out any videos.I'm just at the point that I don't care at all anymore.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I actually gave up and didnt give a shit about this band a long time ago. I bought the cd out of respect and because im a fan, since i leeched those leaks like a mofo,  but there`s only so much a fan can take.. He wants us to take him and his new guns serious, well act fkin serious cuz this GNR is a joke..

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

When Axl popped up to chat a few weeks ago, I found the timing curious.  At that time CD had sold poorly and he was getting criticized for not promoting the thing at all.  After he chatted on the forums, the subject went from disapointing cd sales to a rehash of topics involving Old Gnr.  He had effectively changed the topic.

Maybe he's just trying to connect with the fans. I mean he clearly reads the forums...he knows a chunk of them have been pissed at him for years. He couldn't really fix that without the album being out because we all know 90% of us were shat off waiting for the album still. So i'd expect that when the album came out he was thinking the fans would be all cool. But then we started complaining about the lack of interviews and stuff. So he came on to chat. To be fair a lot of people asked him shit about the old band and complained we'd never heard his side of the story, and he must have been reading posts about the name dispute for years. I feel like this time we got what we wanted...we wanted the album, we got it, we wanted him to talk, we got that.

I'm not going to bash fernando cos i've never met or spoken to the man, even online. However I will say this strikes me as a strange thing to do, like name Lars as the cause of the delay, then recant his words. Did he not expect that outcome? It's not like people don't know who he is or don't realise he is in a position to have inside information. Surely he should realise if he says something like that it makes a media storm. And then to say it was a joke. Perhaps its some kind of inside joke between Axl and Lars or somethign that makes sence to their friendship - because to an outsider fan like me I don't understand why its funny. But then I didn't really understand Rex's "I hit my woman" joke last week either. So maybe i'm just a humourless fuck! Or maybe it was some kind of "we'll see how fast bullshit spreds" bet or joke in the GNR camp just to have a lend of the media. I dunno.  So i'll I will say is that the whole incident seems very strange. And I'd hope things of this nature don't keep happening too often as in my opinion this kind of confusion doesn't do any good for the band's public image.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Pax,
If you want to debate this let’s do it. We are both fans and that's what this board is for. If you are happy that as a fan, you feel Axl is doing his best for Guns then I have to respectably say that I think you are mad.

He’s walked off the job again. True victory would be Axl and his band out there working hard, answering hard questions, playing CD live and winning people over.

Instead  we have an armchair messiah presiding over fan forums and launching pathetic litigation threats.

This guy is going down the music business shit-can faster than you can say 'it's all Slash's fault' and he had better find a brake fast. No better guy to do it I think but there is no sign of him even trying.

Intercourse.

Pax can't and won't ever take it to that level. I've been there before.

No offense to them, but they just drop lines like that, don't debate, jump on the "Axl Rose owes you nothing" shtick and go home.

You're wasting your time even asking. Although i'd love for Pax to prove me wrong.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Thanks for that Axlin08.
What the Axl apologists don't appea to grasp is that they are part of the problem rather than the solution for Axl Rose.
This guy needs a foot up his ass to save what is left of his tattered reputation.

I am angry with him becuase I am rooting for him, not the other way 'round.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
mickronson wrote:

I actually gave up and didnt give a shit about this band a long time ago. I bought the cd out of respect and because im a fan, since i leeched those leaks like a mofo,  but there`s only so much a fan can take.. He wants us to take him and his new guns serious, well act fkin serious cuz this GNR is a joke..

You know Mick I'm in the same boat. Axl talked like Slash had been waging an all out war on him over GNR for the last 15 years and that coping with this has swallowed up so much of his time. Then you look at Slash and realise that in those 15 years the guy has started three (?) bands, gotten married, had two kids, written a book (kinda), almost died from pneumonia, had a pacemaker inserted, been to rehab - twice, won a grammy, released 4 albums, completed several world tours etc. If this war over GNR was so involved and so time consuming how come Slash got all this shit done while Axl feels CD is a miracle of his determination to survive all of Slash's apparently carefully planned assaults?

The only answer is that it's massive paranoia which is being fuelled and enabled by his staff and other various hangers on. It is so out of scale with what the reality of the situation is that it's just sad and frustrating to watch.

All the therapy Axl has claimed to have had yet he is as bitter today with Slash as he was in 1999, a decade ago. Any decent therapist would have worked through this with him by now. He obviously pays out a lot of money to sourround himself with people who never call him out.

My question now is, where does he go from here? No record label is going to trust him now. The fans have declared CD a non runner. The fever for the old band is as high as ever and the current line up is a faceless, gagged, invisible nothingness.

I guess fernando will be on the bass and Beta on the guitar for the next world tour, that's about all there is left! Fuck me. Did any of us ever believe it would end up like this??

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

You guys are so negative you even put me to shame by millions of miles.

I don't think I've ever been very harsh on GNR boards before, but for fucks sake, if you don't care, just leave. Post at a board for a band u actually care about.

Board footer