You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: Dave Navarro on Chinese

mickronson wrote:

I dont rate Dave myself..Or Camp Fred, its a revolving door much like gnr...
one is a fun band the other is a joke

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

now that this has turned into a slash versus hendrix, axl versus dylan i will say that while i understand the importance of hendrix and his influence on many guitarists i prefer slash. i like slash's playing better therefor i think he is better. am i wrong ? i'm not to crazy about dylan while again, i understand the importance and the whole poet thing i prefer axl's shit all the way around. therefor i think axl is better. am i wrong ? these are opinions and not facts. some people tend to forget that. happy new year to all at gnrevolution !

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Von Solo wrote:

How would we like to compare him to Dylan? As a vocalist he's clearly superior. As a lyricist/songwriter, in my opinion, he's superior as well. I don't like Dylan. Actually, I fucking hate Dylan. I don't much like Hendrix either. Not my style. I think Duane Allman was a better, more inovative player around the same time who also died young and receives little to none of the recognition on the scale Hendrix does. I've got respect for Hendrix, sure, but I'm tired of people in all walks of life, be they critics or fans, making these assumptions about the untouchables, the greats, the ones you just don't fuck with. "Well, they're not Zeppelin!" Fuck Zeppelin, too. My point is that we shouldn't bother with the comparison at all. For as many people as would scoff at comparing Slash to Hendrix or Dylan to Rose, there are as many more who would see things the other way around. Everybody's got an opinion, but the idea of these gilded bands and artists really needs to die if music fans are ever going to be allowed the freedom of a real, intelligent debate. Until that happens, no point in comparing, it'll just turn into a mess.

Oh, don't get me started. Bob Dylan is one of the most overrated artists of the last century. roll

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Von Solo wrote:

How would we like to compare him to Dylan? As a vocalist he's clearly superior. As a lyricist/songwriter, in my opinion, he's superior as well. I don't like Dylan. Actually, I fucking hate Dylan. I don't much like Hendrix either. Not my style. I think Duane Allman was a better, more inovative player around the same time who also died young and receives little to none of the recognition on the scale Hendrix does. I've got respect for Hendrix, sure, but I'm tired of people in all walks of life, be they critics or fans, making these assumptions about the untouchables, the greats, the ones you just don't fuck with. "Well, they're not Zeppelin!" Fuck Zeppelin, too. My point is that we shouldn't bother with the comparison at all. For as many people as would scoff at comparing Slash to Hendrix or Dylan to Rose, there are as many more who would see things the other way around. Everybody's got an opinion, but the idea of these gilded bands and artists really needs to die if music fans are ever going to be allowed the freedom of a real, intelligent debate. Until that happens, no point in comparing, it'll just turn into a mess.

Oh, don't get me started. Bob Dylan is one of the most overrated artists of the last century. roll

between this and your comment about wanting gnr to go the nickelback route.....you have lost ALL credibility. everything you say is a joke.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

At least I say something, other than just tell people they're wrong.

Next time you post, add something to the conversation.

The only joke around here is you.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I feel there are certain artists that are accepted as untouchable and anyone who says they don't like them is open to ridicule from others. The question becomes if that situation is based on fact, or on something else such peer pressure and elitism.

Go to a music group and say you don't like Dylan or Page. Go to a film group and say you don't like hitchcock or that citizan kane wasn't the best film made. You will be mocked.

There are reasons why those artists are revered for sure, but at the same time, there are deeper human reasons and forces at play as to why certain artists are respected than just their actual tallent I think.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Agree with the people in this thread.

I have listened to Hendrix trying to figure out exactly what is so amazing......

I'll take Slash any fucking day of the week and I agree with the Bob Dylan being the most overrated artist ever statement.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

It's all down to legacy. None of these guys would be remembered if they hadn't died young. Hendrix wouldn't be as big, Nirvana wouldn't be as big, i mean it's all legacy.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I cant stand Dylan either but you cant really deny the impact he had. He's one of the only legends whose discography I have pretty much ignored my entire life. That voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

Paxcow wrote:

everything you say is a joke.

C'mon now. You know that's not how we operate.

Sky Dog wrote:

Wow.....I'm officially done ......nothing left to say because I don't agree on so many levels with so many people in this thread. Deep breaths. First Hendrix, now Dylan.:nervous:

Board footer