You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

Axl was a big part of creating that "brand" name and he currently owns the right to use it. It is what it is. If he wants to make albums that don't sell up to your standards, he is well within his right to do so. 19

16 Good point though. If Axl is content with the current interest/sales data concerning GNR, then there's no reason for fans to feel the opposite. If he's serious about moving forward, then there's nothing wrong with moving forward while not being on top of the world.

In fact, any musical output in the future could be more interesting without the insane expectations attached. Go check out that Bucket/Brain jam I posted in the kick ass vids thread in Black Hole section. I'd love to see Axl tackle something like that even though I know it would never go top 10. All I care about is good music.

Saudade
 Rep: 0 

Saudade wrote:

#14 on this week's Global Track Chart. Sold 89k copies (last week it sold 221k). Brings its total to 1.681.000 copies.

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

Axl was a big part of creating that "brand" name and he currently owns the right to use it. It is what it is. If he wants to make albums that don't sell up to your standards, he is well within his right to do so. 19

16 Good point though. If Axl is content with the current interest/sales data concerning GNR, then there's no reason for fans to feel the opposite. If he's serious about moving forward, then there's nothing wrong with moving forward while not being on top of the world.

In fact, any musical output in the future could be more interesting without the insane expectations attached. Go check out that Bucket/Brain jam I posted in the kick ass vids thread in Black Hole section. I'd love to see Axl tackle something like that even though I know it would never go top 10. All I care about is good music.

This I totally agree with. I don't know about anything in the vault currently, it could be interesting, but as far as working something right now, it could be very interesting to see where it goes, now that the elephant that is CD and it's burden, is off their backs.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Saudade wrote:

#14 on this week's Global Track Chart. Sold 89k copies (last week it sold 221k). Brings its total to 1.681.000 copies.

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

even though it sold less it still moved up one spot...so thats also encouraging....it aint dead if its climbing

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

1/4th of BB's total stock a month and a half after the release.

Awesome!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

That is kind of what I was saying....:beer:

Burning, it is pretty well known that Best Buy bought between 1.3 to 1.6 million units so 1/3rd of the stock is gone. Just sayin.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:
madagas wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

That is kind of what I was saying....:beer:

Burning, it is pretty well known that Best Buy bought between 1.3 to 1.6 million units so 1/3rd of the stock is gone. Just sayin.

Rounding things up is easier on my brain! 16

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

1 - Nickelback - Dark Horse 
2 - Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy
3 - Metallica - Death Magnetic
4 - Kid Rock - Rock N Roll Jesus
5 - AC/DC - Black Ice
6 - Hinder - Take It To The Limit
7 - Guns N' Roses - Greatest Hits
8 - Hollywood Undead - Swan Songs
9 - Slipknot - All Hope Is Gone
10 - Saving Abel - Saving Abel

Thanks Neemo, this says plenty for me.  AC/DC had a SHIT load of help from Wally-world promos (don't think so?  Try to go to the electronics/music area and NOT see it all over the place) and Metallica had quite a bit of (positive) buzz as well , neither were limited to sales in ONE (not very large) store.  Some disagree strongly with my opinion and that's ok, they happen to be friends of mine who often make very good points and don't just shoot off at the mouth, they are backed up with strong arguments.  BUT...I'm right this time!  Ok, maybe only half-right.  The album is a failure if you go by what could've/should've been, however it's not doing bad at all ESPECIALLY considering all the things that went against it.  And no the music wasn't one of those.  I'd love to have seen more rockers but in my opinion it's a solid album.  Appetite/Lies and the UYIs were fuckin' masterpieces, nothing can easily be compared to those albums.  That doesn't mean CD doesn't have its own merits...it does.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Maybe they can take the Better video and just change the song and release it as whatever the next disaster single is going to be.  Releasing a Better video now would be a waste.

Tell that to Aerosmith.  I remember them releasing a video for "Sweet Emotion" in the early 90's, a good 15 years or so late.  So we've got plenty of time to spare.

Board footer