You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Interesting Post-MyGnr 6/20/2008-Future albums Speculation

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Crazy thought?

Maybe Axl isn't promoting what's been released because it isn't yet what he would consider to be his vision for Chinese Democracy.

Perhaps he was contractually obliged to get an album out there before the end of 2008?

"I've always thought of it more as a double-album" (para)

Perhaps when we get the second installment, promotion on Axl's behalf will truly begin in earnest....Didn't Axl also state that interviews, etc, have already been scheduled intentionally for much later?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Axl has said a lot of things over the years.  Most of them never happened.  Included in that is a Better video.  Nothing has changed.

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

you guys seem to be forgetting that Axl refused to promote the record. The slate may be clean for the last 13 years of costs but Axl took a big old corn filled dump on his employers by refusing to do his job.

but the employer already has his $$$ so whats the difference to them? .... Best Buy are the ones who got screwed by Axl not promoting it.

as for investing in future albums.... IF the studio time is pretty much done for 3 albums of material then the capital put into is gonna pretty much be nil...but they may have a hard time swindling another exclusive deal ... I'll give ya that

Why would they want another exclusive? It was damaging. Let me clue you youngins in on something: WOMEN BUY SHIT and WOMEN DON'T GO TO BEST BUY. Period. When a guy shops he's in and out of the store - even if he's a GNR fan, he may not stop to smell the roses (no pun) thus overlooking the album. I have spoken to several women, who proclaim that they would have purchased multiple copies of CD this past holiday had they seen it in a store. All of them say "Best Buy is a guys store"

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Axl has said a lot of things over the years.  Most of them never happened.  Included in that is a Better video.  Nothing has changed.

Exactly. I used to also be a "Axl said this, Axl said that" person... not anymore.

I'm not calling the man a liar, but he's the Peter Gammons of music. If Axl says something will happen, you can bet the farm it WON'T happen.

GNRBABY wrote:

Why would they want another exclusive? It was damaging. Let me clue you youngins in on something: WOMEN BUY SHIT and WOMEN DON'T GO TO BEST BUY. Period. When a guy shops he's in and out of the store - even if he's a GNR fan, he may not stop to smell the roses (no pun) thus overlooking the album. I have spoken to several women, who proclaim that they would have purchased multiple copies of CD this past holiday had they seen it in a store. All of them say "Best Buy is a guys store

Funny... everytime i've ever been to a Best Buy in my life, there's more women in the store than men. usually outnumber by 4:1

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:

^ yeah Women love best buy - keep telling yourself that buddy... Go put on "I only want to be with you" by Hootie on too for the 32,000,000th time, because that song makes money and people accept it, which of course judging by the way you measure music makes it an excellent song! When your done with that watch some re-runs of American Idol, because that show is really hip and cool and best of all MAKES MONEY. Then, go have dinner at Applebee's, and don't forget to swing by Wall-Mart and get a copy of the new AC/DC, because it has sold well, so the record must be AMAZING!

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

but he's the Peter Gammons of music.

lol

Gammons gets stuff right like twice a year or something, so his rate is higher than Axl's.  He's more like the Peter Vecsey of music--the basketball rumors that guy churns out never comes to fruition.

WOMEN BUY SHIT and WOMEN DON'T GO TO BEST BUY. Period

Is this another excuse for why the album hasn't sold?  Honestly, would you at least consider the lack of catchy tunes/hits to be a main reason for its failure?  Seriously, if people have an interest in a product they will buy it its as simple as that.  You can blame Best Buy all you want but at the end of the day if people aren't interested it won't sell.  Take for example Death Magnetic, the thing leaked two weeks earlier worldwide--original leaker originated in France--and still sold like 500,000 copies in 3 days.

I won't disagree with you that Best Buy depressed sales a little.  However, that is a minor reason why this thing didn't sell.  Axl no showing on promo work, the lack of catchy tunes, and no Izzy, Duff, and Slash were the main culprits of its downfall.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:

^ I disagree, as I feel it hurt overall sales, but it's not the only reason. GNR not having it together hasn't helped either

Board footer