You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Pick one song....

Olorin wrote:

Mabye I'm cheating, I play madagascar on vinyl, I have a Technics 1210 turntable so I can speed up and slow down songs with the pitch adjustment.

I play Maddy at a higher tempo and it sounds sweet. I'm used to Axls vocals now, but I agree the definitive version for me as well is Rio. That said I thought the 02 version was pretty sweet as well. I would love to here Maddy from the lost Vegas show, where no audio exists, I wonder what stage Axls voice was at at that show, a year after Rio.

I was hoping for more interesting drumming during the bridge on the album, it just chugs along, and the guitar solo should be higher in the mix than the samples and strings. If that section was mixed better it would transform the song.

I dont get the continued love for TWAT, yes Buckets solo is glorious, truly one of the most enjoyable I've heard in my life. I listened last night through headphones, smoking some green, and my ears were more intuned than ever. Its a flawless solo and one that makes you inspired to pick up the guitar to try emulate him.

But apart from that? C'mon the first half of that song is basically fucking drivel. I cant bear that shite anymore, and practically skip that song all the time.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

for madagascar - not ony the rasp but the rythm of the vocals is worse on the studio version than on the 01/02 version. to me, powerful and clean vocals would have made the song epic.

AtariLegend wrote:

"Street Of Dreams"

Shackler's Revenge.

Why? Because it's the best song on the album.

AtariLegend wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

Shackler's Revenge.

The first 3 seconds maybe... tongue

war

war wrote:

or the solo and the part after the solo

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

Shackler's Revenge.

WOW, what a claim.

Karma for the SR love... 9

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

i still don't understand how SR went from like 85% favorable review when it first leaked to pretty much the worst song ever written by any band period.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't understand it either FlashFlood. Considering most of the album's already been heard, and the only songs that were newly revealed was Scraped, Sorry & This I Love. I'll agree that Sorry & This I Love are considerably better, but Shackler's smokes Scraped.

war

war wrote:

shacklers revenge is kinda ctachy and easy to like IMO
but it gets old fast cause it is so simple

which is why i never understood the "wow! This song really grows on you!!!" that everyone and their grandma was posting when shacklers first leaked.

Board footer