You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Is CD still in regular rotation on your stereo?

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

nr is one of the most overrated songs in rock n roll istory IMO
i would much rather listen to til than NR

wow...really? i mean NR is old and "worn out" sure its like almost 20 years old....but i find that TIL is sooooo i dunno opera or something, its soo cheesy IMO..NR kicks some serous ass....when they hit that outro its amazing

TIL is a bore fest and it kinda plods along and goes nowhere with axl doing a bad meatloaf impression for most of it

i never liked it

the versus make no room for axl to do any damage similar to TWAT
both songs are uninspired until the outros, which are both brilliant.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:
D-Machine wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Yes!  I'd also add that the wailing backing vocals (check around 3:04) and some of the piano work adds to the clusterfuck of the song.  I also believe the guitar is mixed too high at some points and drowns out Axl's beautiful vocal melodies.  It's too bad as the last verse is truly brilliant but gets kind of overshadowed by the wanky guitar solo.

100 percent spot on with the Catcher outro comment.  I couldn't have said it better

i disagree...if anything i find that Axl has tried to place too many vocal melodies on this album..id love to hear a remix it bringing more of the bass and guitars to the front and muting some of the piano, synth and vocal melodies (or just dropping them altogether)

catcher is quickly becoming my fav track on the album wink

I was a little hesitant about the album cut of CITR.  The first few times I heard it I was longing for the Brian May demo version.  But I've grown accustomed to it and now think Ron's solo fits the song quite well.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I still don't like the version of CITR on the album. Bumble drowns out Axl in parts, and that intro just sounds out of place, like it was forced in there at the last minute.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I still don't like the version of CITR on the album. Bumble drowns out Axl in parts, and that intro just sounds out of place, like it was forced in there at the last minute.

Agreed. There's a couple other parts that sound last minute too, like the additional vocals & drums to CD & the intro to Riad.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
faldor wrote:

I was a little hesitant about the album cut of CITR.  The first few times I heard it I was longing for the Brian May demo version.  But I've grown accustomed to it and now think Ron's solo fits the song quite well.

agreed -  it took me one listen, the same as sorry, to get ued to it now both of those are my favorite cd songs.

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

been a while since id listen to it, been very busy but when i do i crank the shit out of it,

Board footer