You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Brain To Tour w/ GNR In Summer?

-D- wrote:

Fuck it, I say Bring back Adler

why not?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

C'mon, guys, we're on the first page. Don't turn this into an Axl-Slash thread already. Jesus-f'ing-christ.

It wasn't meant to turn it into an Axl-Slash thread. It was meant to say any legitmacy of a new Guns is long fuckin' gone. Long gone. At this point, Axl just moves forward, but the whole "Guns is gonna come back and be relevant" shit, ain't gonna happen.

Bucket or no Bucket.

The 2001 lineup was the chance, and they missed it.

At this point without Bucket, ehh. I've pretty much taken off from the new-new Guns ship. And without a Robin, we might be looking at a new-new-new Guns.

It's just lame. Future can be anything. Legitmacy = 21

Just the way it is

If you see that as hijacking, I don't know what to say. I love Bucket, and if he were to return, i'd be interested again somewhat, but at this point, I truely believe Slash is more likely. I'm not trying to hijack anything.

I don't think Brain will be there. Frank might be, as to who's with Frank & Axl, is anyone's guess.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Axlin08, can you just stop? You're ruining this thread/forum with the constant "Axl needs Slash" bullshit.

Back on topic, I'm so excited for a tour. Hope they hit the US with some warm-up shows before going to Europe or South America.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

The 2001 GN'R would have been a defining new chapter for the band. It was their best and last chance. This current configuration isn't even a band. If Brain does come back, I hope he brings Bucket with him.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

another email with a statement that will be taken back in a week at most. and everybody is starting to list their favorite line-up to tour. deja-vu anyone?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
gunnermatt2004 wrote:

u can lead this horse (axl) to water but thats it, just look at the long long trail that has been left behind him he needs mega promotion to kickstart this again starting with big exclusive interviews with rolling stone etc but then of course the interviewer will have a long list of questions they cannot ask axl  no doubt

You're making a major assumption there.  You're assuming you can even lead the horse to water. 14

I feel Axl has every right to control what questions he answers and which ones he doesn't.  I'm sure he would get tired if they asked him 2 questions about CD then a bunch about the old band. 

But on the topic at hand, I hope that if this is true, Brain convinces Bucket to come back.  Really, it does seem feasible at this point.  Bbf recorded some lead parts, but mostly rhythm.  And I'm sure he would have no problem doing Finck's job, but most likely better. 

Here's a stretch- Paul Huge. I mean, Fortus seems to be finding plenty of work playing with Rihanna.  16

But I'm not counting on it.  GNR have been supposedly touring every summer for the past 8 years.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I've never seen Brain play with GN'R so that would be pretty sweet.

Its Febuary now, so if GN'R are going to tour the venues and infrastructure has to be planned well in advance, if they do tour this year I would bet on it being late summer/autumn at the very earliest.

Brains an honest guy and I believe he thinks its going to happen, but its hard to believe a word anyone associated with GN'R says.
Why bother setting yourself up for more disapointment.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Wow, A Bucket/Bumble/Fortus guitar lineup would rock my world - I'd love to finally see Buckethead performing with GN'R. Don't wanna get my hopes up though...

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
supaplex wrote:

another email with a statement that will be taken back in a week at most.

Doesn't look that way:

Re: brain confirms a summer tour?
« Reply #27 on: Today at 11:47:18 AM »
    Reply with quoteQuote
Brain on Facebook had this to say:

Brain Mantia: This Summer... They are back....and VMA. about an hour ago - Comment - Show Comments (3)Hide Comments (3)
Steve Talbot at 9:35am February 5: Who r back?
George Patapis at 10:03am February 5: Guns N' Roses
Michael Dowling at 10:06am February 5: wow

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'll file this under .. beleive it when i see it , although a tour isnt outside the realm of possibility...a few things about the lineup are clearly up in the air..though having lived through 2006 i doubt we will know who is actually gonna be in the band until if and when the opening chords are played at the first gig of the tour

Board footer