You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Duff: I love Axl Rose

Sky Dog wrote:
Neemo wrote:

duff's a business man, and he's been trying to be very neutral for a few years now

In the end, Duff is a great guy. Period. I am as big a Tommy fan as their is on this board, but Duff is always welcome back in my book. Hell, probably in Tommy's book as well..that is how cool Tommy is..the more punk rockers the better!:D

Duff, Tommy, and Izzy would kick a whole lotta ass. Unfortunately, the reunion thing is going to be an all or nothing proposition, too much money at stake. So, there will be no old/new mix.:/

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I think a lot of you have been making too much of what Axl had to say about Slash in his latest "rant." Did this latest interview close the door to a reunion with Slash? Yeah, I guess so. But it's Axl fucking Rose. I think you have to learn to take his grand statements with a grain of salt. If Axl's word was rule, we'd have had an album a decade ago and there would have been a Better video a couple months back. Does he hate Slash today? Maybe. Will he hate him tomorrow? I dunno. He seems to alternately hate himself and/or his fanbase on a day by day basis. I just never put much into that Billboard interview. He's gone out of his way to extend an olive branch to Duff and Izzy. Now this? Wait and see. There's no reunion without Slash, or the word itself wouldn't be used.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Yeah, but you guys know what i'm talking about. Time has apparently healed some of these wounds and the dust has certainly settled.

Duff is just so correlated to Slash, i'm curious in the present or future, would he leave behind Slash for GN'R under any circumstance. Obviously Slash would love to come back, but Mr. Rose has made it very very clear, that's not going to happen under any circumstances - ever.

I think he would consider it if Izzy was on board and if Axl released music at a faster pace and showed up at the studio.  If it were just Axl, Duff and a whole bunch of other hired musicans then NO.  He isn't connected to the hip with Slash.  Plus he has a nice side gig with Loaded that provides something for him to do when there is GNR downtime.  I think if Axl ever decided to run GNR like a real band where they rehearsed and wrote together as a cohesive unit then Duff would be on board Slash or no Slash.  Duff mentioned in a summer 08 interview with that he misses writing melodies with Axl.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Von wrote:

I think a lot of you have been making too much of what Axl had to say about Slash in his latest "rant." Did this latest interview close the door to a reunion with Slash? Yeah, I guess so. But it's Axl fucking Rose. I think you have to learn to take his grand statements with a grain of salt. If Axl's word was rule, we'd have had an album a decade ago and there would have been a Better video a couple months back. Does he hate Slash today? Maybe. Will he hate him tomorrow? I dunno. He seems to alternately hate himself and/or his fanbase on a day by day basis. I just never put much into that Billboard interview. He's gone out of his way to extend an olive branch to Duff and Izzy. Now this? Wait and see. There's no reunion without Slash, or the word itself wouldn't be used.

Yeah, I think a lot of people are forgetting that the first Eagles reunion was called the "Hell Freezes Over Tour" for a reason. 

Maybe the GNR reunion tour could be the "None of us Are Dead Tour"

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Maybe the GNR reunion tour could be the "None of us Are Dead Tour"

16 Hell yeah 5

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

It would be called, I Finally Pulled Slash Outta My Ass Tour

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It would be called, I Finally Pulled Slash Outta My Ass Tour

Yes!:laugh:

Or...

Where's Bucket? He's In My Ass Fuckhead Go Home Tour

But that might be harder to market. 

Or for a hybrid GNR tour (one with both Slash and Bucket), it would be the "Famous Guitarists Up Axl's Ass Tour". 14

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

whatever...how about pick up the phone or tell each other face to face how much they love one another. using popular media to talk about their love for one another is just pure pr bullshit. it's all about not alienating fans. i mean it's cool that slash and duff have moved on but this new found love for axl is just lame.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think they experienced the madness and disfunctionality again with Weiland, but the extreme big talent was missing. The familiar bad feelings opened up the gate for the missed good feelings. I really think they are sincere - just like Axl when he says he doesn't wanna do anything with Slash again.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I seriously would see it being this massive picture of Axl grinning ear-to-ear, and flipping off towards the camera, with the big tagline "The I Was Right, and Everyone Else Was Wrong. I Knew They'd Come Crawling Back With Their Tail Between Their Legs, Suck on That WORLD TOUR!"

Board footer