You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Chris Cornell does song on New Slash record

Olorin wrote:

I like that Be Yourself song, just heard it for the first time I think. I wouldnt mind hearing Axl cover that one.
The Louder Than Love album sounds not bad actually.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Soundgarden being labeled as grunge was a huge mistake by their label, management, and media during the grunge craze. They were basically a straight up metal band channeling Sabbath and Zep that went into major experimentation on their last two records.

The band will never get the credit it truly deserves.

here fucking here

people talk of Nirvana and Janes as being the bands that defined the 90's (2 great bands, dont get me wrong) - for me it was soundgarden by a country mile

a hardcore heavy rock band with melodic psychedelic flourishes that worked on every level

peerless musicianship, almost the perfect band IMO

Slash's solo album just got a whole lot more essential

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I read people going on about this guy on the forums as if he is a great singer, what should I be checking out?

WHAT?? You've never heard Soundgarden? Lucky for you, I haven't deleted their discog that I uploaded for someone.

Once you dive into this, you wont be listening to GNR for months(maybe years). Soundgarden's last four albums blow CD completely out of the water, and the only GNR albums that are even worthy of standing up to Soundgarden are AFD and UYI I.

Dive into Superunknown and Down on the Upside first.

I'm in shock that Cornell is even doing this.

Chris Cornell is back

Cornell never left.....He's been kicking ass for over 20 years, and isn't gonna stop anytime soon.

I would agree. But I mean hes back to doing this sort of music. I loved Scream but many didn't and for those who preferred his rock side Chris is back.

What do you make of his new rock version of scream James?

Buzzer Beater
 Rep: 3 

Chris Cornell is amazing.  It seems as everybody here has a different sample, but you have to check out Birth Ritual from the Singles soundtract.  That and pretty much the whole Badmotorfinger LP is as good as it gets for me.  It amazing that his voice has held up (fairly well) after what he was doing on those records.

Sky Dog wrote:

Olorin, just start with Soundgarden's best of album called "A-Sides"...it will give you almost everything you need for a Soundgarden beginner. Just my two cents.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I read people going on about this guy on the forums as if he is a great singer, what should I be checking out?

WHAT?? You've never heard Soundgarden? Lucky for you, I haven't deleted their discog that I uploaded for someone.

Once you dive into this, you wont be listening to GNR for months(maybe years). Soundgarden's last four albums blow CD completely out of the water, and the only GNR albums that are even worthy of standing up to Soundgarden are AFD and UYI I.

Dive into Superunknown and Down on the Upside first.

I'm in shock that Cornell is even doing this.

Chris Cornell is back

Cornell never left.....He's been kicking ass for over 20 years, and isn't gonna stop anytime soon.

I would agree. But I mean hes back to doing this sort of music. I loved Scream but many didn't and for those who preferred his rock side Chris is back.

I don't see how that new version of Long Gone is the 'rock' version of it.  The older version had more balls than the newer one.  Cornell re-did the vox into something a lot more contemporary, as well as the upbeat tempo. 

I like both however.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Is there a rock version of Scream?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Buzzer Beater wrote:

Chris Cornell is amazing.  It seems as everybody here has a different sample, but you have to check out Birth Ritual from the Singles soundtract.  That and pretty much the whole Badmotorfinger LP is as good as it gets for me.  It amazing that his voice has held up (fairly well) after what he was doing on those records.

Totally forgot about Birth Ritual, and its one of my faves. I sent Olorin and Buzzsaw the discography and didn't include that track.

Love the song Seasons from that soundtrack.

Cant polish a turd. 14

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Yeah, but can you eat an elephant turd?  On youtube even?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Yeah, but can you eat an elephant turd?  On youtube even?

16  Apparently not.

Board footer