You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Does Axl Still Smoke?

Axlin16 wrote:

What we're those really extended/long cigs he used to smoke during the 1993 days, and like the behind-the-scenes on the Estranged vid.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Look at Tom Waits his voice sounds like a Cement mixer full of firecrackers. I Love that lived in smoke torn tone. Like Axl on Maddy or Tom on just about anything after his early records

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What we're those really extended/long cigs he used to smoke during the 1993 days, and like the behind-the-scenes on the Estranged vid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette_holder

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

i think he quit... his voice is miles above what it was in 92... and smoking KILLS your voice... just watch the tokyo dvd...

Cornell was a chain smoker for almost twenty years, including his peak. If smoking kills your voice, I don't even want to imagine what he would have sounded like had he never smoked.

I think it depends on the person. Just like how one can smoke 5 packs a day and live to be 100, while there are extreme cases of people in their early 20s dying from lung cancer after only smoking a few years.

Yeah, that Tokyo vid sucks in many more ways than one. They were on more than just tobacco if they had the nerve to release that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Are you sure it was just a holder? I could swear they were actually longer cigs...

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Are you sure it was just a holder? I could swear they were actually longer cigs...

It was a filter, maybe not as female in appearance, but I believe he had one similar.
I`m pretty sure.  Well a "cig" as long as that is usually known as a joint.

LoneSalBugz
 Rep: 3 

LoneSalBugz wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=54259

Here's an old Blabbermouth news story.

"Yeah, I like it," Axl Rose reportedly said, as he sat down between two blonde girls and lit up a cigarette — this despite a smoking ban that currently exists in bars and restaurants in Sweden.

16 Gotta love him.

I also remember another article (which was what leaded me to the above in a google search) Where someone in-the-know I can only guess said Axl would arrive late, before taking the stage smoke - 1 - cigarette and then go and perform amazingly well

The exact words aren't in my memory, but I swear by that ^ I read it somewhere at least.

So I guess he does, yep. Definitely when partying with blonde Swedish girls, anyway. 22

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah he smoked marboro 100's in a cigarette holder, they may have been menthol as well, so they were the long cigarettes but they had an even longer appearance cuz of the holder/filter

2ur59c2.jpg

i thought he went to the long filter (and possibly menthol) to save his voice which was fucked back during that long ass UYI tour

I looked for a current pic online of him with a cigarette but couldnt find one, though that doesnt mean anythign cuz you cant smoke in public places anymore to begin with 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Slash plays that brilliant godfather solo on those tokyo tapes though....big time inspiration for me when I was learning guitar.

I wish someone would clean up the Ritz 88 footage and release it officially.

I'd enjoy some proshot concerts of the CD songs too if the new tour starts.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
LoneSalBugz wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=54259

Here's an old Blabbermouth news story.

"Yeah, I like it," Axl Rose reportedly said, as he sat down between two blonde girls and lit up a cigarette — this despite a smoking ban that currently exists in bars and restaurants in Sweden.

16 Gotta love him.

I also remember another article (which was what leaded me to the above in a google search) Where someone in-the-know I can only guess said Axl would arrive late, before taking the stage smoke - 1 - cigarette and then go and perform amazingly well

The exact words aren't in my memory, but I swear by that ^ I read it somewhere at least.

So I guess he does, yep. Definitely when partying with blonde Swedish girls, anyway. 22

I remember that. Hed come backstage supposedly really late like you said after rolling in, in a jeep the crowd would be just about to boil over into a riot and he'd be backstage talking to himself and smoking a fag then just walk out and kickass. I think it could be to get over his stage fright. This was the 2006 tour. I think the story was from either Bumblefoot OR the Talking Metal guys... Jeez I havent listened to talking metal since Chinese dropped!! Wonder what kinda ratings drop Strigl and John Astronomie took after the release 16

Board footer