You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: This Is It?

Axlin16 wrote:

If Axl can continue to do Gold albums, at least, and fill half the venues on his own, he'll be able to go on. They'll be a money maker at the basic, and nothing more.

But any less than already exists, he's gonna have to face the fact he can't do it on his own anymore.

Problem is? I don't think he cares AT ALL. He'll just take his royalties and disappear. I do agree, that a reunion seems as interesting to him as taking a strap-on dry.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'd give my left nut for Axl to go on an Audioslave run, regardless of who is included in the rotating line up. He clearly wanted to do this in his original pipe dream, and hopefully something resembling such a plan can still take place.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'd give my left nut for Axl to go on an Audioslave run, regardless of who is included in the rotating line up. He clearly wanted to do this in his original pipe dream, and hopefully something resembling such a plan can still take place.

How do you mean an Audioslave Run James? Huge tour?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

But any less than already exists, he's gonna have to face the fact he can't do it on his own anymore.

i think an axl rose solo album with him and his piano would do about as well as anything esle at this point IMO

but a three piece - axl and his piano, dizzy, and a certain guitar player...:mosh:

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Dizzy is useless.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

How do you mean an Audioslave Run James? Huge tour?

Axl's 2002 pipe dream of album, tour, another album, tour, and another album release all occurring in the span of a few years is basically THE blueprint of what Cornell accomplished in Audioslave.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

I wonder if Axl climbs trees at his house like Michael did at Neverland.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Axl's 2002 pipe dream of album, tour, another album, tour, and another album release all occurring in the span of a few years is basically THE blueprint of what Cornell accomplished in Audioslave.

Yes, although I think the task was easier for cornell as hooking up with what was essentially Rage Against the Machine gave the outfit an instant credibility as a new outfit and not a clone entity. I think that situation was more akin to Velvet Revolver hooking up Scott (although cornell is a better vocalist), but in terms of a merge, it's tougher for Axl cos he's keeping the brand, and yet added new faces.

But I'd love to see something like that happen to Axl too. The tour to take off, releasing another album and it getting the respect it deserves musically (which I think it does despite everything else). I'll always believe its possible too, although its been a long decade for the band, but Axl is a talented man, if the right circumstances came along, he sure knows how to capatalise.

Off topic but on audioslave: Myself I'm a massive fan of the first Audioslave album, some beautiful songs, the other two havn't captutred me the same way (yet).

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

It seems obvious to me that this is Axl's final tour.

If you knew that were true, would it motivate you more to travel to Canada?

Canada is a soul-less place, so no.

It is not Axl's final tour.

Board footer