You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: SG To Play First Show April 16th at the Showbox

Gong wrote:

Follow @Soundgarden to find out how to win tickets for tonight's show.

http://twitter.com/chriscornell

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Show sold out FAST. 

I may try to.. acquire tickets it another way...

If I make it in, check grungereport.net for song by song updates.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Check craigslist off and on the next few hours. It'll be pricey, but I guarantee at least one person unloads their tickets there.

Who am I kidding? These are golden tickets. No one is giving them up for shit. Even if you hate them and have a ticket, its historic and you're going.

Should check anyways though just in case.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Check craigslist off and on the next few hours. It'll be pricey, but I guarantee at least one person unloads their tickets there.

Who am I kidding? These are golden tickets. No one is giving them up for shit. Even if you hate them and have a ticket, its historic and you're going.

Should check anyways though just in case.

There are people selling.

One guy wants 999 on ebay.

James

James wrote:

Yeah, they're gonna be high. Scalpers make a killing on normal shows. Said this before, but I paid hundreds for MIA tickets in 2007, and that was just a normal club show. This is light years above that. Even people in Seattle that aren't fans are gonna be interested.

For your sake I hope they do a Hammerstein type thing with 3 or 4 shows there as warmups for Lolla.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

This is a load of horse shit.  Everyone who signed up for the email was supposed to get an email with a link and password to get tix.

People got theirs at 10am.  There are A LOT of fans who have yet to even get one.

James

James wrote:
Saikin wrote:

This is a load of horse shit.  Everyone who signed up for the email was supposed to get an email with a link and password to get tix.

People got theirs at 10am.  There are A LOT of fans who have yet to even get one.

Sounds like a cluster fuck of GNR proportions. They're playing a tiny venue, so how can they send out passwords to every person on that list?

This reunion wasn't well thought out, even if you take this out of the equation.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Sounds like a cluster fuck of GNR proportions. They're playing a tiny venue, so how can they send out passwords to every person on that list?

This reunion wasn't well thought out, even if you take this out of the equation.

Then they play this huge scavenger hunt and give out one ticket? 

There were people standing in line at the box office for over 4 hours to come home and find out it was all online.  No one bothered to let those people know.

James

James wrote:
Saikin wrote:

There were people standing in line at the box office for over 4 hours to come home and find out it was all online.  No one bothered to let those people know.

That's fucked up.

In other words, they're already pissing off hardcore fans and they haven't even been onstage yet.

This reunion has been low key and its really only the hardcores paying any attention.

This could get ugly quick.

By the way, I hate their forum. It's the same crappy design as Cornell's official forum.

It's why you don't see me there if/when you check it. 16

James

James wrote:

I just got home and went to check that main grunge site for info, and you're the one giving them updates so you obviously got tickets. 5 9

They are playing deep cuts and he is really testing his range with some of these tracks.

These guys have something to prove and aren't back to cram the hits down everybody's throats.

Spoonman

Gun

Searching With My Good Eye Closed

Rusty Cage

Beyond the Wheel

Flower

Ugly Truth

Fell on Black Days

Hunted Down

Nothing to Say

Loud Love

Blow Up The Outside World

Pretty Noose

Outshined

Slaves and Bulldozers

Encore:

Get On The Snake

Big Dumb Sex

Waiting for the Sun (Doors cover)

I'd prefer more later material, but you cant really complain about that song selection.

Looking forward to your review, and hopefully pics and audio/video.

Board footer