You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

Saikin wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Your Decison sat at #1 on the rock charts for what - months? And that's Alice In Chains without it's original lead singer.

I have no doubt that Guns N' Roses, especially a really catchy "If You Only Knew"-type ballad with a companion video would reign for a fucking long ass time.

album has sold about 407,000 & peaked @ 5 on billboard top 200

looking in view reached 12 on us mainstream rock tracks chart
your decision and check my brain both hit #1

your decision has been on the chart for like 20 weeks or something

AIC was also nominated for a grammy

this album has been pretty sucessful commercially i would say

Actually, Your Decision has been replaced by Between the Lines at the #1 spot.  And last I checked Your Decision was at #2.

I don't see why we are really arguing about record sales anyway.  I agree with Madagas.  Successful singles do not equate to record sales.  They equate to more digital downloads of that particular song. 

I would want GNR to have a successful single out there to show people he can still kick ass and produce hits.  That would certainly raise the interest level a little in it, and may lead to more record sales.

CD sold fairly well, and it had no promotion, no hit single, no interviews, no late night performances.  I think an album by GNR with all of that could do better. 

Then again, CD may have left a bad taste in some fans mouth so even with all the advertising it could do worse.  But that is where the hit single comes in.  He needs to come back and show people he's not fucking around.   

He needs to do what Eminem is doing right now.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

He should get teabagged by Bruno. That'd move some plastic.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

We don't know if what Em is doing right now will help him at all.

Relapse was his Chinese Democracy, and we don't know what Recovery is going to do.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

We don't know if what Em is doing right now will help him at all.

Relapse was his Chinese Democracy, and we don't know what Recovery is going to do.

I don't give a shit what Recovery does.  It is exactly what the fans wanted.  Which is what Axl should do.  And let the rest fall as it may.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Not to sound like Buzzsaw, but if Axl gave a shit about what the fans wanted, he'd call Slash.

Sky Dog wrote:

what are you talking about? We got DJ Sixx.....if I see one more picture of this guy, my head will explode....right after I throw my computer off the top of my house.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

as2.jpg

Try to tape throwing your computer off the house. 14

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Not to sound like Buzzsaw, but if Axl gave a shit about what the fans wanted, he'd call Slash.

Or Buckethead.  16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

what are you talking about? We got DJ Sixx.....if I see one more picture of this guy, my head will explode....right after I throw my computer off the top of my house.

I'll really be surprised if he makes it a year in GNR.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

I'll really be surprised if he makes it a year in GNR.

A Gnr year is like, what, 10 yrs?

Board footer