You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: for the the posters that doesnt like others complaining about Ron

faldor wrote:

I love what the new guys add to the band.  I haven't seen DJ live yet, but they all seem to be doing a great job in the live shows.  Ron seems to have stepped it up a notch on this tour.  Things are going quite well, and they all seem to be in great spirits.

But I will say, it's tough to gauge how great they are in GNR when they haven't really created any of the songs yet.  Like them or not, Bucket and Robin were heavily involved in the creation of CD.  Ron added something to all the songs, but as far as we know he hasn't written any songs with the band as of yet.

I do think they have some real potential though.  I like a few of DJ's songs from his catalog with Sixx AM and Beautiful Creatures.  Haven't given Ron's solo work a spin, but I'd be extremely interested to see what this new group could come up with.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The younger fans here would be shocked to know that dave was the biggest new GNR nutswinger in the universe a few years ago.

Then he "saw the light"......

Sarcasm or truth, doesn't matter... I think we've see quite a few true blue Gunners over the years move to that attitude.

Alot of it starts at poor communication.... then continues to lack of respect... and ends at lack of working. They're not really wrong. hmm

But it's none of these new guys faults, from Paul Huge all the way to DJ Ashba. There's one man to blame, and most fans love for him is so strong, they don't have the balls to go there.

johndivney wrote:
supaplex wrote:

quoted so that people calling dave a newb or a troll might think twice when they speak. sometimes they are the newbs.

anyway, i thought dave gave up on this band. looks like the addiction is coming back 16

i said he was trollin in the other thread, i didn't say he was a troll.. though surely you are what you do.. anyway i've seen him on a couple of the boards of the years but his recent threads have just been contrary for the sake of attention i.e. trollin'. i'm not saying he's not a smart or even fun guy just that his time could be better spent.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

i think some time all of our time could be better spent.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
rose22 wrote:

i think some time all of our time could be better spent.

agreed 100 percent - karma

i've learned to spend next to no time on gnr boards unless something is happening and even then, only 10 minutes or so that day/s.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

He is a troll, doesnt matter if its on newgnr, mygnr, here or anywhere else. Wherever Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal is mentioned in a thread this tart is onhand to derail the topic with his "bumblefoot butchers everything, he cant play slow, waaaahhhh boohoo I want Buckethead"  waffle. Regurgitate those sentiments a few thousand times, week after week, month after month...and thats his contributions to the community. He's an insufferable bore.

And why is this shite still in the main section, what an embarressment roll

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Olorin wrote:

He is a troll, doesnt matter if its on newgnr, mygnr, here or anywhere else. Wherever Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal is mentioned in a thread this tart is onhand to derail the topic with his "bumblefoot butchers everything, he cant play slow, waaaahhhh boohoo I want Buckethead"  waffle. Regurgitate those sentiments a few thousand times, week after week, month after month...and thats his contributions to the community. He's an insufferable bore.

And why is this shite still in the main section, what an embarressment roll

Technically there is a GNR discussion going on, but point taken. It's definitely borderline.

I don't read any of those other sites anymore so have no idea what he does there. I've known dave for years. His move towards "the dark side" always intrigued me though. It showed that anyone is capable of facing reality. 14  Whatever was the trigger(I no longer remember), it happened immediately. He went from swinging hard and high on Finck's nuts thinking new GNR did no wrong one day and then turned into what you see now.

dave, were you blinded by the light? 14    13

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
supaplex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The younger fans here would be shocked to know that dave was the biggest new GNR nutswinger in the universe a few years ago.

Then he "saw the light"......

quoted so that people calling dave a newb or a troll might think twice when they speak. sometimes they are the newbs.

anyway, i thought dave gave up on this band. looks like the addiction is coming back 16

I dont give up, but when Gnr are not active,  I do other things.
They are finally touring again, so I tend to be more into the band.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
war wrote:

personally, I don't see how anyone can nutswing OR.... be so critical of a musician without, first, considering their own work. people that don't like ron point to his solos but i think his rhythm work on cd far supercedes his solos in bulk BUT, in total, we really don't have that much to judge him by. also, I think we assume much when we specualte why who plays which solos. somone has to play each solo and the one who is playing it doesnt mean the other/s couldn't also do it well. personally, i think it is just as much a matter of establishing their identities in the band as it is who can play what the best. until an album with these guys all over it comes out, speculation is all we got though and discussion of this is 99.9 percent opinion.

Ron is great at riffs and things like that, its his soloing I dont like.

Board footer