You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

gnfnraxl wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No one is following CD II the same way they did CD I. Even hardcore GN'R geeks have kind of called it a day, and moved on in their lives. Hell most of them started out in college, and ended up with 3 kids, a wife, and a steady gig.

Me exactly. In college, then graduated. Now have 3 kids, a wife and a steady gig. Me no care no more.

Got in GNR while in high school.  Graduated university, now married and a kid and I too don't care anymore.  The mystery is gone.  Now we all know what Axl was cooking all these years.  Some liked what he cooked and some didn't.  But no way in hell am I gonna wait for a record again like I waited for CD.  IF and that is an insanely huge IF Axl decides to release another record then fine and I will buy it, but if he doesn't I don't care as I do not expect anything.  I predicted that GNR wouldn't release another record after CD anyways.  I still come here everyday to check the topics but I find myself most of the times not even reading the GNR topics.  And if I do I go directly to the last post and if it isn't news worthy I just move to the next topic.  I just don't care anymore to know every stinking details.

Sky Dog wrote:

fair enough...I hang on daily out of sheer...I don't know. Things seem pretty good now as far as band chemistry goes. I cannot attest to quality but things seem pretty positive compared to the last 18 years.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:

fair enough...I hang on daily out of sheer...I don't know. Things seem pretty good now as far as band chemistry goes. I cannot attest to quality but things seem pretty positive compared to the last 18 years.

See I don't even know shit about band chemistry and all.  I hope the chemistry is good, I hope DJ is turning out to be a fantastic replacement but I can't say since I haven't heard him play and haven't seen any footage or heard any footage from GNR's latest tour.  I hope it's all good and I was disappointed to miss the gig when they came in Canada earlier this year but I can't bring myself to actually allow time to see or hear it.  If they release a record I hope Ashba is on it but other than that I can't bring myself to read through it all again and invest that much time again.  And it's not that CD sucked that bad.  Wasn't a fantastic record but wasn't a bad one either.  Just that the payoff didn't justify all that wait we were put through.  I'm still a GNR fan and I do still hope they become successful and do hope that they bring more positive than negative but I find myself not caring to know as much anymore.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Family, wife, kids, is FAR MORE interesting to me any day of the week than hearing Atlas Shrugged.

So I don't blame these guys. There's far more important things to do.

"Live your life" - W. Axl Rose

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Family, wife, kids, is FAR MORE interesting to me any day of the week than hearing Atlas Shrugged.

So I don't blame these guys. There's far more important things to do.

"Live your life" - W. Axl Rose

Yep!  And even if Atlas were to be leaked I don't wanna hear it.  I'll wait to be able to buy the album.  That way I'll still have the surprise element.  On CD there were only what 3 tracks we had never heard?  There was Sorry, Scraped and This I love.  I hadn't listened to any of the leaks cause I still wanted a small element of surprise.  And I think that didn't help the record as far as I'm concerned cause I was already tired of the majority of the album.  So yeah I will follow Axl's advice this time around.  And by the way this is the most I have posted here in a long while.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

If it leaked I'd be all over it for the simple reason that the summer 08 leaks sounded SO much better to me. I'd be afraid to miss that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Any pipe dreams for this "new album" have pretty much been derailed by Bumblefoot....

We know you will be busy with GNR for quite some time abroad, but a recent article in Bergen mentioned Dizzy Reed and DJ Ashba talking about writing a new album - possibly due to 2011. Are you writing with the band too? Are the other recorded songs from the Chinese Democracy sessions scraped (no pun!)? Anything you could share on this matter?

People ask us all the time about a next album and we all speak the same truth, that we would *like* to work on another album, and hopefully will. I think some quotes in that Bergen Norway article got lost in translation, from what the band said to what was printed, to how it was translated again to other languages. Right now the focus is touring, bringing the live show to the world. After that, we'll see what's best to do next...

Sky Dog wrote:

that ain't partying....

Agathos
 Rep: 6 

Agathos wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

And even if Atlas were to be leaked I don't wanna hear it.  I'll wait to be able to buy the album.  That way I'll still have the surprise element.

Are you saying you were not surprised when you heard the leaked songs? Or is the surprise when hearing released songs qualitatively different from the surprise when hearing leaked songs?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

he's saying that every song you hear in advance of the album kinda lessens the impact of the album when it finally goes on sale

by the time CD was released i think every song was leaked...and up until november 11 of the 14 were in irculation some for close to 10 years (as live tracks) its not that shocking that people that have heard a song for 10 years were underwhelmed when the studio version was finally available

there was a few of us that managed to control ourselves with the last 4 or 5 tracks so when the album came out here was a bit of a redeeming factor for looking forward to the release date

more and more peopel are either

A) not caring to hear any more GnR
B) Dont want to ruin the impact of new gnr album releae by downloading leaks

of course there are peope lwho would download them in a second but i think as people reevaluate the release of CD there are some who would rather wait for the official release...theunheard leaks/songs are worth less and less as time goes on...and if unheard material isnt worth much to diehards then what is a mogg worth? and what does the band care if moggs are circulated?

Board footer