You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Info on Black Rain

Saikin wrote:

Credit: SPIN.com

As for 'Black Rain,'  it'™s an outtake from the sessions for 1991'™s Badmotorfinger, and singer Chris Cornell recently recorded some new vocals that were mixed into the original song. 'What'™s amazing,'  producer-engineer Adam Kasper tells SPIN, 'is Chris recorded new vocal bits, and his voice still hits all those notes. You can'™t tell which vocals are from 20 years ago and which are from today.'

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I just listened to this Fell on Black days (self pollution radio) version. Never come across it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuY9YBBg … re=related

Ben Shephard said in an interview recently about 'Black rain' being an altenate version of Fell on Black days or something? I wonder if it has anything to do with this.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:

I got some information for ya...

Link: http://blogs.1077theend.com/files/2010/ … ckrain.mp3

Brace yourself...
9:rock::beer::peace:

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

killer track! Very heavy

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Damn good song.  Not what I was expecting, but certainly worthy of being released. I can see why it didn't make the cut for Badmotorfinger or the last two albums. It doesn't go with the flow of those albums.

Hopefully this track catches on.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I dunno, I could see it amongst Badmotorfinger's other cuts, it definitely sounds like it's from that era, production wise, even the style, it does too.

I dig it.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Anyone notice the "Cry on black rain" part of the song.  That part was clearly recorded recently.  The rest sounds like old Cornell, and that part has that rasp and style that he uses now.   It sounds like his recent solo stuff and Audioslave work. 

Kinda cool I think.  Good song too.

Also makes me think that part was added to the song recently and that's also where the title came from.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Anyone notice the "Cry on black rain" part of the song.  That part was clearly recorded recently.  The rest sounds like old Cornell, and that part has that rasp and style that he uses now.   It sounds like his recent solo stuff and Audioslave work. 

Kinda cool I think.  Good song too.

Also makes me think that part was added to the song recently and that's also where the title came from.

I can hear modern Cornell in the very first line too

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Really cool - they haven't disappointed... definitely reminds me of Cold Bitch which was recorded around the same time. All the elements of what I like about this band are all present and correct

Someone made the point in another thread about the quality of Soundgarden cast-off's. The mind boggles at what else they have hidden away... other bands would kill for these kind of songs once or twice and album cycle - these guys have them by the truckload unused. I definitley think this rarities album will be a revelation, but more importantly, I think Soundgarden of all bands who've reunited, have a shot at a brand new album without weakening the legacy (ala. Janes Addiction to a lesser extent Alice in Chains and yes GNR)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Don't know about a brand new album. I of course want one but I really don't want a scenario where its the obvious weak link in their discog and is just a sore spot on the band. I don't doubt their talent, but two of the four members have essentially twiddled their thumbs for over ten years.

I mentioned this before, but if studio time is being booked, just rerecord the B sides and various demos over the years and other treasures in the vault and make a fresh album out of it. Would be an album of the decade contender.

I'll take the unloading of the vault in a box set over a new album any day of the week.

I want those covers as well. We have some of them already but Thayil said there was enough for a full album. Let's hear it.

Yeah, the quality of their throwaway tracks is just off the hook. Been listening to a LOT of it lately since doing my daily song thread in the DL section to decide which ones to post for those who may not have heard them. It's hard to choose. 14

Board footer