You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Can you guess what this movie is

Neemo wrote:

isnt it supposed to be the korean's take on japanese's godzilla? thats what the news said....japan has godzilla trademarked or something crazy

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, its basically just a different take on the old monster movies. I never understood the hype surrounding this or why people even fell for it.

They should have just announced it was a damn monster movie. Instead they let people speculate for months on whether its a monster, aliens,etc. Now people are feeling a bit let down now that they know its "just a monster". Also, some people bought into the crazy hype, and have heard about the dates used in the movie, and I guess this didn't fall into line with some of the various hype, so the nerds are starting to backlash.

This will most likely debut at number one, but I guarantee it would have made more without all this bullshit that led up to its release.

Rex, I didn't hear anything about Cthulu.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I agree with James' posts in here. This has Snakes on a Plain written all over it. But god I wish it was Cthulhu, that would be a badass movie.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I looked into this and it's supposed to be an original creation, so no Godzilla or whatever.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I'd watch it but I'm not blown away by the marketing scheme.  One came out on dvd this week I'd like to see that kind of reminded me of this, I've been real busy and didn't do any research but maybe it's called Dragon Wars?  Looked half ass decent.  Not much going on I'd really like to see right now except for the I Am Legend and the No Country For Old Men.  I have to admit I'm looking kinda forward to the final installment of Lonesome Dove coming to NBC (I think)...Cheyenne Moon.  Lonesome Dove was (and remains) one of my all-time favorite westerns.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

If you dig westerns, one of my favorite movies (let alone westerns) is Django with the man himself, Franco Nero. If you're not familiar with it, definately check it out.

Board footer