You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: Wiki Leaks

Stepvhen wrote:

Yes cult phenomena.  Neo-Nazi's take Christian scripture to the extreme.  They are considered a cult.

This isn't about religion quite the opposite

Didn't some guy use religion to try and make thousands of people kill themselves by drinking kool aid?  That's a cult.

Yeah Jim Jones that was a cult, I think it was a christian thing

There's religion, and then there's radical religion.  It happens with EVERY religion.

And wow, over 70 people believe in your 'ideas?'  More people have believed in the Sham Wow! and they don't work nearly as good as the tv says.

No saikin none of those 70 believe in our ideas. It's not aout belief, it's about inquiry and figuring out if this mthod of pattern recognition is in fact true.  Thats just basic we  do not support any belief.

Believing always means that there is an uncertainty. This is about dropping beliefs, such as the belief that the self controls the mind and body, and looking at the actual evidence to work out what is really going on.

Beliefs are for people who live in fear and want to cling to an ideal to make their version of reality more stable.

Were about facts. This isn't a belief system its a psychological method.

I'm sorry, but claiming something is valid because "over 70 people" believe in it is a fucking joke.  Statistically that's not even a drop in the ocean.

Read above. It's not about seeing but about working it out like an equation beyond reasonable doubt.
On top of that, no one has ever managed to psychologically liberate that many people in such a short time. The closest is J McKenna with 12 people...... in 26 years. That is his life's work. I've done 6 in 4 months. In 8 months I'll have topped him. My friend has done 37 in 5 months. All of us together over 70 in 5 months.
Statistically speaking it is important.

You're mixing numerical weight up with statistical importance

That would be like me taking a cup, filling it with water from the ocean, and claiming there are no fish because there's none in my cup.

No. It's more like you creating 70 brand new fish from scratch in a few short months, where every other fish in the sea took millions of years to evolve into what they are today

You my friend need a bigger cup.  Reading more philosophy will act as your bigger cup.  I thought this stuff was cool once upon a time too, then I started to learn more and realized I really don't know anything.

Yeah why wouldn't I read more. I'll also act on it. I will test everything I read to see what is bullshit and what is true.

If you don't know anything, you need to sit down and ask yourself what you do know for sure. What is true. Work it out honestly.

There is no you. Is that true?

You see in working that out, you focus for the first time on the nature of "self" and thought and you begin for the first time to see the relationship. The assumption that there was in fact a self is proved wrong and instead a deep pattern recognition takes place in your sub-conscious.
You see that there is a pattern in reality.
A pattern of no-you, where self does not exist and is not needed
And the thing about pattern recognition is that once you recognise a pattern, you cannot un-recognise it.
It's in there for life.

This is about having a passion for the truth of reality. Letting go of "self", watching it die is not easy it is painful. The base psychological fear that drives us all is the fear that we do not exist. The main psychological drive is always to create and maintain identity.
Not when you are liberated. The base psychological drive becomes the experience of reality. The destructive emotional feedback loop is broken

Suddenly you're free to do as you like without a need to boost any ego. You can have all the ego you want and not be trapped in it. You can also be egoless and just be.

But as I said it comes at a price. The death of everything you believed, everything you thought you knew for sure.

When I took my first steps into this it was only because I had to. This is not something you do for fun. It is the roughest 10 minutes of your life.
Yes it's only 10 minutes, but I never felt that much fear before.
I was a quivering mess almost crying on the floor in horror at what I was doing to "myself".

The only reason I did it was because I understood logically that the self was just an illusion of thought. That was explained to me proven to be credible to me in theory.

If I did not test it out for myself to find the truth, to find whether it was true or not, I could not call myself an honest man ever again. I would have been living a lie for the rest of my life. Now I don't know about you, but where I come from, living as a dishonest man is worse than death. So I choose death, and examined what caused the self.

It requires a full submission to truth. You need to surrender to reality. Because who is surrendering to reality? The "self". And self does not exist you just think it does.  In fact you are always surrendered to reality, you just think you are not, you think there is a self and it is in control and it can stand apart from reality and impose it's will. Yu are always in a state of surrender to the truth, the mind just thinks that there is a "self" that is not surrendered, not a part of reality and so must fight reality

But we have all seen what happens when people believe bullshit stories like that. Endless suffering, ego mania, depression. You have too look for yourself and see for your self, that there is no self.

Scary. Yes
Crucial if you are ever to be free of your own bullshit. Yes
http://burningtruedotcom.blogspot.com/2 … -true.html

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

apparently the wiki leaks creep has been arrested in London for sex crimes in Sweden

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:
Neemo wrote:

apparently the wiki leaks creep has been arrested in London for sex crimes in Sweden

Creep?

How can you call him a creep? He's doing his best to tell the public the truth

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

sex crimes = creep

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Creep?

If he's been arrested(allegedly) for sex crimes he's a creep end of story.  Ragardless of your other contributions in life, if you are a sex offender you're a creep.  Pretty straight forward

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:

Fair enough I'd agree with that.

He handed himself over for the alleged rape of 2 women because he is supposedly innocent. I'm not going to take a side in this because I don't know what's actually true.

From what I've read in the papers the had unprotected sex with 2 separate women. They demanded of their local police that he be forced to take an STD test.

The rape charge has been said to be bogus, but really who's to tell.

After one of those women slept with him she boasted about it on twitter.

The other denied she was raped when interviewed saying she just wanted him to be tested for STDs.

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:

Sex crimes = creep

That is the EXACT reason he was charged with sex crimes. Character Assasination. The bravest man in the world today, who in reality can improve and is improving the lives of millions worldwide, is being laughed at. Jesus.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Yes cult phenomena.  Neo-Nazi's take Christian scripture to the extreme.  They are considered a cult.

This isn't about religion quite the opposite

Didn't some guy use religion to try and make thousands of people kill themselves by drinking kool aid?  That's a cult.

Yeah Jim Jones that was a cult, I think it was a christian thing

There's religion, and then there's radical religion.  It happens with EVERY religion.

And wow, over 70 people believe in your 'ideas?'  More people have believed in the Sham Wow! and they don't work nearly as good as the tv says.

No saikin none of those 70 believe in our ideas. It's not aout belief, it's about inquiry and figuring out if this mthod of pattern recognition is in fact true.  Thats just basic we  do not support any belief.

Believing always means that there is an uncertainty. This is about dropping beliefs, such as the belief that the self controls the mind and body, and looking at the actual evidence to work out what is really going on.

Beliefs are for people who live in fear and want to cling to an ideal to make their version of reality more stable.

Were about facts. This isn't a belief system its a psychological method.

I'm sorry, but claiming something is valid because "over 70 people" believe in it is a fucking joke.  Statistically that's not even a drop in the ocean.

Read above. It's not about seeing but about working it out like an equation beyond reasonable doubt.
On top of that, no one has ever managed to psychologically liberate that many people in such a short time. The closest is J McKenna with 12 people...... in 26 years. That is his life's work. I've done 6 in 4 months. In 8 months I'll have topped him. My friend has done 37 in 5 months. All of us together over 70 in 5 months.
Statistically speaking it is important.

You're mixing numerical weight up with statistical importance

That would be like me taking a cup, filling it with water from the ocean, and claiming there are no fish because there's none in my cup.

No. It's more like you creating 70 brand new fish from scratch in a few short months, where every other fish in the sea took millions of years to evolve into what they are today

You my friend need a bigger cup.  Reading more philosophy will act as your bigger cup.  I thought this stuff was cool once upon a time too, then I started to learn more and realized I really don't know anything.

Yeah why wouldn't I read more. I'll also act on it. I will test everything I read to see what is bullshit and what is true.

If you don't know anything, you need to sit down and ask yourself what you do know for sure. What is true. Work it out honestly.

There is no you. Is that true?

You see in working that out, you focus for the first time on the nature of "self" and thought and you begin for the first time to see the relationship. The assumption that there was in fact a self is proved wrong and instead a deep pattern recognition takes place in your sub-conscious.
You see that there is a pattern in reality.
A pattern of no-you, where self does not exist and is not needed
And the thing about pattern recognition is that once you recognise a pattern, you cannot un-recognise it.
It's in there for life.

This is about having a passion for the truth of reality. Letting go of "self", watching it die is not easy it is painful. The base psychological fear that drives us all is the fear that we do not exist. The main psychological drive is always to create and maintain identity.
Not when you are liberated. The base psychological drive becomes the experience of reality. The destructive emotional feedback loop is broken

Suddenly you're free to do as you like without a need to boost any ego. You can have all the ego you want and not be trapped in it. You can also be egoless and just be.

But as I said it comes at a price. The death of everything you believed, everything you thought you knew for sure.

When I took my first steps into this it was only because I had to. This is not something you do for fun. It is the roughest 10 minutes of your life.
Yes it's only 10 minutes, but I never felt that much fear before.
I was a quivering mess almost crying on the floor in horror at what I was doing to "myself".

The only reason I did it was because I understood logically that the self was just an illusion of thought. That was explained to me proven to be credible to me in theory.

If I did not test it out for myself to find the truth, to find whether it was true or not, I could not call myself an honest man ever again. I would have been living a lie for the rest of my life. Now I don't know about you, but where I come from, living as a dishonest man is worse than death. So I choose death, and examined what caused the self.

It requires a full submission to truth. You need to surrender to reality. Because who is surrendering to reality? The "self". And self does not exist you just think it does.  In fact you are always surrendered to reality, you just think you are not, you think there is a self and it is in control and it can stand apart from reality and impose it's will. Yu are always in a state of surrender to the truth, the mind just thinks that there is a "self" that is not surrendered, not a part of reality and so must fight reality

But we have all seen what happens when people believe bullshit stories like that. Endless suffering, ego mania, depression. You have too look for yourself and see for your self, that there is no self.

Scary. Yes
Crucial if you are ever to be free of your own bullshit. Yes
http://burningtruedotcom.blogspot.com/2 … -true.html

So wait, it's alright for you to reference Hinduism and Buddhism to support your case that it isn't cult phenomena, but yet when I try to point out that even those two religions have cults, all of a sudden none of it is about religion. 

Like I said, you need a bigger cup.  And there is no point in arguing with someone as closed minded as you are.  You think you've found truth and facts?  Great, you've accomplished all there is to accomplished.  You've hit enlightenment.  Great for you, go spread your word. 

Please, learn that true enlightenment is not enlightenment at all but something vastly different than anything you can imagine or even begin to describe. I'll leave you with one quote that sums it up perfectly:

"Enlightenment is eating an apple."

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Creep?

If he's been arrested(allegedly) for sex crimes he's a creep end of story.  Ragardless of your other contributions in life, if you are a sex offender you're a creep.  Pretty straight forward

"Allegedly" is the key word there. He claims the sex was consensual.

And if it was, he's done nothing wrong.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This discussion is all over the place. Not gonna get into some deep debate over it but will post a few thoughts on this wikileaks mess....

It needs to be shut down. Period. Not today, not tomorrow. Yesterday. Wikileaks is really walking the line of information that does not need to be available to the public. I'm all for freedom of speech but they are taking it too far.

A great example:

It revealed that America was storing illegal weaponry in Britain with british consent.

This info does not need to be available to the public. The US has Europe under a "nuclear umbrella" and of course that umbrella is gonna include everything including the kitchen sink.

Europe wants the US to protect it all costs then whines when it does. Make up your fucking minds. The US is willing to lose millions of lives, our entire military, and countless cities to protect Europe from a catastrophic attack. Since you guys apparently don't like it, start mobilizing a huge grass roots movement to get us out of there.

Does Russia know about this "illegal weaponry"? Of course. No one else needs to know though. You're being protected by weapons that will only be used as a last resort and these weapons are why you weren't speaking Russian and worshiping Stalin statues decades ago. If you want to defend yourself, please pull out of NATO so you can save us billions of dollars a year.

Instead of begging for this wikileaks stuff to be allowed to thrive, start protesting your country's involvement in NATO and plead for the US to pull out of Europe. Its time for all this anti American sentiment to start putting its money where its mouth is. Don't like us or what we stand for? Then stop taking our money and having our military protect you.

Wikileaks is crossing the line in revealing info regarding the US/China/NK situation. That is a powder keg waiting to blow up in the world's face, and leaking anything regarding that crisis puts thousands of US troops at risk in the DMZ, and for that alone I would never support anything about Assange/wikileaks.

The US military needs to vaporize wikileaks from existence.

Board footer