You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Pigeons of Shit Metal Talk Axl Rose

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

I read where Nirvana turned down a tour with Rush as well around the same time. They clearly had an angle they wanted to take.....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah they were playing the indie angle ... trying to remain as low key as possible ... they blew up anyway dispite their efforts

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I thought Dave Grohl had a couple of jabs at GNR and Axl when the Foo Fighters played T in The Park festival this year. He made this short speech about how the crowd were watching a real rock n roll band because it was "just a drummer and a few guitarists up there rocking out" and how "they didnt need fucking keyboardists and computers and shit."

I was watching the show live on my tv at home and thought hmmm could be about GNR...Slash played a couple of hours beforehand so no doubt he has been hanging out with Dave... but who knows.

Then Dave was doing the band introductions and he introduced the drummer and the crowd started chanting his name and Dave goes "stop stop you'll make his head swell so much he'll be wanting his own private helecopter to carry him to the shows..."

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Just saw this thread.  I was there the night this went down.  I was at Quicken with 4 friends to the left of the stage.  They sucked dick.  No one was into them, and they did a shitty show.  I had never heard of them before, and really didn't know shit about the suicide girls either.  Personally, I thought the suicide girls had no business being there, but whatever.  These guys didn't even play a full set and no one there was into it.  The place was dead while they were on stage.  This shit about Tommy throwing his bass down and Axl throwing it at him is nonsense.  Out of all the things that night, you'd think something that dramatic would have garnered the attention of the audience.  It never happened.  Stimson could have walked up, but if he did, it was in a very subtle way, and not as dramatic as this guy makes it out to be.  Definitely no scene occured. 

They definitely left early, cause the suicide girls were rushed back onto stage to cover the gap in play time.  When Axl came out and called them the Pigeons of Shit metal, he was going off the audiences vibe towards them.  It's that simple. 

They may be a good band and musicians, but they didn't meld well with the audience they were playing to.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Thanks for the 1st hand account Randall!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah I was at the Quicken show in 06 as well, and Randall's totally right. I was and am pretty hard on Axl for his concert antics and attitude, but the arena, including myself, was nearly 100% on board with that. And the show moved on seamlessly. Pr

Sky Dog wrote:

well, that's credibility, Commy hasn't been in this section in ages...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, appreciate some of the concert goers chiming in on this.

Board footer