You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: I bet the US Tour goes smooth

Sky Dog wrote:

James....LA and San Fran in Cali....that should be it. I don't understand why they booked a show in Greenville Sc ...2 hours from the ATL....NOT SMART.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

James....LA and San Fran in Cali....that should be it. I don't understand why they booked a show in Greenville Sc ...2 hours from the ATL....NOT SMART.

I agree and that's what worries me about the coming announcements of more dates. If they're already pulling that shit over there, it means they're gonna do it here as well.

To all you east coast fans that bitch about us west coast fans complaining about this stuff, I have a question.....

When you have 5 or 6 dates in an 80 mile radius to choose from when they will all be canceled weeks after your purchase, which one(or two) do you choose? Everyone chooses a different one(or remembers how they're always canceled and buys none) which is why they can never come close to selling out, thus forcing the cancellations, and then we get the east coast fans with multiple shows under their belt complaining about us west coast whiners who got jack shit because someone in the GNR camp felt like scheduling 10 shows in Mayberry when one was pushing it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

The release from Blabbermouth today lists 21 out of 30 dates, and none are further west than Denver.  I'd have to imagine a bulk of the other 9 dates will be on the west coast.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Bakersfield
Fresno
Sacramento
San Francisco
Oakland
Portland
Seattle

Is that a safe guess? I guess we could throw in Phoenix and omit one of those central cali dates.

edit: After looking at the list of dates you posted in the main tour thread, it doesn't look AS bad as previous tour schedules. A few flaws(madagas pointed out one and since I have lived in the 4 state area I don't see a need for Tulsa and KC dates, just pick ONE, although in their defense some bands do play both).

If they're smart and spread out those remaining 9 dates this tour may actually go all the way.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i would like to think that they will throw in at least a couple canada dates while they are up in the northern states...dunno if those will count as part of the 30 though

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Bakersfield
Fresno
Sacramento
San Francisco
Oakland
Portland
Seattle

Is that a safe guess? I guess we could throw in Phoenix and omit one of those central cali dates.

edit: After looking at the list of dates you posted in the main tour thread, it doesn't look AS bad as previous tour schedules. A few flaws(madagas pointed out one and since I have lived in the 4 state area I don't see a need for Tulsa and KC dates, just pick ONE, although in their defense some bands do play both).

If they're smart and spread out those remaining 9 dates this tour may actually go all the way.

We'll look at it again when we get all the confirmations and dates. 30 dates is a bit ambitious I think.:P

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I started reading, but then I realized it was like reading about the thoughts of the 2006 tour, so there was not much point. Glad to see we're progressing though tongue

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree with everyone in here. D & Bono that GN'R should be big enough to do Chili Peppers' numbers, Naltav & Russ that 10,000 seats sold is better than 5,000 and anything that's a great show is a success, and Mr. Lofton that a new single (at least) and promoting it would go a long way (and people STILL LOVE Axl in the states).

Axl forgets that. All it takes is - a very little. People still love Axl Rose. I've heard alot of people over the years here in the U.S. call him an asshole, but i've also heard those same people respect him as a frontman, and I also heard alot of people calling out his name over Myles Kennedy at a Slash show.

They still love him. If Axl would just come out and say "hey" a bit more and do some of the late night shows - it'd put him over BIG TIME.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

madagas wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I think he'll behave. It is the ticket sales which I worry about. Is America ready for more of the same with even more line up changes? Ummmm, not sure about it. Chinese is no spring chicken any more; it can't be the focus of this tour b/c, frankly, the album tanked here.

America has no idea about the lineup changes....PERIOD. They will either come to see Axl sing the hits or they won't.

I worry about ticket sales as well...these are big basketball arenas so it could be rough.

Not so sure about that. What you describe above is a nostalgia act. Is that what G&R have become? If you are right, how the mighty have fallen.

The casual fan may not give a crap who plays the hits and, if that is the demographic, then Axl will be perpetually be stuck in 1987. The show effectively is a time machine at that point. A lot of bands are stuck in the nostalgia trip.

If he wants to reach further and bring something exciting and new, then he has to connect the new line up with the audience. Personnel changes and lack of visibility will undercut any attempts for the band to be anything more than a Greatest Hits machine. Frankly that fate worries and saddens me.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

The reason I care so much about ticket sales and numbers etc is because IF we want more GNR stuff... Albums,future tours etc... This tour HAS to be successful.

So you have to think about more than just your entertainment. The whole "As long As I go and am entertained it's a success" doesn't fly cause you have to think on a grander scale than just what you think/like.

if this band is gonna last and continue on, I think this tour is make or break unless they want to become a Mr Big giant stars in Japan only type Nostalgic act.

I honestly don't think this was apart of Axl's vision for GNR when he fought so hard for control.

Board footer