You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Scott Weiland Sings White Christmas Worse than my Drunk Uncle

Saikin wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Most-Wonderful-Ti … ef=mb_oe_o

White Christmas and I'll Be Home For Christmas are the worse ones.  None of them are good. 

It was either this thread title or "SW Puts Out Worst Christmas Album Ever", Or "SW Makes Jesus Cry" 16

AtariLegend wrote:

OMG He must have been on some strong shit,

Just listened to the samples

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

This guy played with Slash? I mean I know, but I still gotta ask.

Wow.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

I don't know who the fuck thought this would possibly sound good.

Poor Bing Crosby.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

His Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is amazingly beautiful/haunting though.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I don't know who the fuck thought this would possibly sound good.

Poor Bing Crosby.

Agreed.

It was a horrible combo to begin with. I don't mind rockers doing Christmas albums, but something about grunge vocalists doing it just seems WRONG.

Have yourself a Merry little Christmas while the world fucking sucks *takes drag off crack pipe*

See? It just doesn't mix right. 19

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
-D- wrote:

His Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is amazingly beautiful/haunting though.

That's the only good one.  IF he had done the rest of the album like that song, it would have been good.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Weiland is in no way a grunge vocalist, and contrary to popular belief, STP was never a grunge band. Weiland's got more in common vocally and visually with (his hero) David Bowie than anybody in the turgid 90s grunge scene. STP's discography is predominantly psychedelic tinged glam rock in the guise of arena-ready hard rock. Weiland's two solo efforts are out and out glam/art rock. I think a lot of people have a limited knowledge of the history of popular music as a whole, and so you get this sort of Blabbermouth mentality when it comes to accepting an artist who you know does one thing doing something new. That all aside, I'm picking this up for the holidays. I think there's a tongue in cheek element a lot of folks are missing on this one, and I for one dig it.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

I miss THIS guy... my favorite comment: "This is before Scott died of aids and came back as a zombie skeleton."

Board footer