You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Trunk Interviews RRHOF President

Bono wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I actually think Izzy is a wild card too, he could just go walkabout and disappear the week of the event.

Izzys also the one guy I could see showing up, then thinking "yeah I'm not feeling this I'm out"  even befroe they get to present Gn'R. He'd say hes' headed to take a piss and he'd just leave 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:

Izzys also the one guy I could see showing up, then thinking "yeah I'm not feeling this I'm out"  even befroe they get to present Gn'R. He'd say hes' headed to take a piss and he'd just leave 16

Yeah isn't there a story about that with writing UYI. Like he was supposed to meet the guys in a live-in house to write for a couple of weeks, he got to the street and he could hear some bullshit and drama going on up the road at the house and he just plain turned the car around and went home again without any comment. big_smile

As for Slash - I'm sure he'd go but to me his comments imply there is political negotiation behind the scenes. In the past he's pretty much said in interviews that he'd be there and we'd see who else shows up - but I suspect this current statement is actually an attempt to show a type of solidarity with Axl.

The whole band agreeing early except Axl would have two effects:

1. It gives them no power and makes the whole thing about what they need to do to lure Axl there. I'm sure Slash will go - but he probably doesn't want the terms dictated to him by RRHOF.

2. Axl seems a little prone to feelings of paranoia or that people are against him (and hey maybe it's not paranoia sometimes!). I think if Axl felt the whole rest of the band were in communication and had agreed to stuff without him, he'd be far less likely to want to show up. To me this is Slash's way of saying to Axl that hasn't happened.

For this to go off all 5 of them need to have a rational discussion about how they want to handle it - and that's something that's not going to be ringled by this guy from the hall. Realistically Slash has a new album under construction, and Axl's got more albums in the Vault and there's a lot of bad history - but also a lot of cool times too - so they need to work out what they'd want to do that actually works for everyone - to me the slash denial is just his way of telling them to keep the fuck out of the process - as RRHOF interfering and making statements about Axl in the media is a sure fire way of making it not happen.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What choice?

There's only ONE choice. He HAS to perform with them.

I'm telling you. Anything less than that is gonna look HORRIBLE, and the media is gonna run WILD with it.

For the first time in a LONG time, Axl Rose has to give the people what they want to make this work.

If they perform, the only thing that will work is a set of songs performed solely from AFD/Lies by the original 5, and then do a UYI tribute with Matt & Dizzy out there.

The new band thing just isn't gonna work, unless they're saved over for some sort of "show ending" big collaboration deal and some of them jam on stage.

As far as I'm concerned, absolutely nobody from the new band should be anywhere near this. They had nothing to do with GnR's prior success.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I completely agree. I'm just trying to baby Axl.

In reality, they should have to buy tix imo like Wenner said.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Hmmm....I wonder if Trunks XM shows are even torrented. I'd be really interested to check out the validity of that claim from mygnr.

Thank you for the info though.

Absolutely NOTHING derogatory was said about the current lineup by the Rock Hall president.  That was simply made up by someone over at MyGNR either an attempt at humor, or to ruffle some feathers.  I listened to the whole 2+ hours today and the guy never even mentioned the current lineup.  Eddie asked who would be inducted because Guns has had like 85 members, and he responded the original 5 plus Dizzy and Matt.  He did say that he heard from the original 5 that they'd be going, but he didn't say it with all that much conviction.  Almost like he either was hoping that was the case, or he heard it from people close to them, but not actually from them directly.  Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

I taped the GNR parts.  If there's a demand, I could upload them to youtube, but that's all that was basically said.  But I repeat, there were no derogatory comments about the current lineup, at least not made by the CEO.  I haven't listened to the last hour, after he left.  One listener did call in and asked if it was possible, since they won't let Judas Priest in, if that the Hall wouldn't allow Axl Rose in because he's such a cocksucker.  That was the only negative thing said regarding GNR.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Just listening to more now, and Eddie phrased it as, Joel (the Rock Hall prez) had spoken to "representatives" of the original five and had been told that they would all attend.  So if Slash is saying he never RSVP'd, it could have been someone in his camp, if that's at all possible.

A listener called in and questioned why Dizzy Reed gets in and Ronnie James Dio didn't get in with Black Sabbath.  Eddie agreed that Ronnie should've gotten in, as he's a huge fan and was a friend of Ronnie's.  He did go on to say though that Dizzy was a member during the Illusions and he was on the records, and Gilby Clarke was not so that's where the line was drawn.  Don Jamieson joked that Buckethead wasn't getting inducted.  And Eddie said that if you could make a case for anyone post Dizzy Reed, Buckethead would probably be the guy as his impact on the band is still being felt and was a bridge to the current lineup.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

You know, if Axl does play with them and they play as GNR, for the new guys it would kinda be like someone watching their spouse fuck their ex-spouse right in front of them and right as they cum, turning to and going "Lube up, you're next."

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I dont think so. New guys understand the reason they are cashing checks.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
-D- wrote:

I dont think so. New guys understand the reason they are cashing checks.

"Hey guys, you're like, not GNR for tonight okay?  I'm going to go play with the other guys, you know the ones people say are actually GNR, but like, when I'm done we can totally still play together." 

Or...

"Hey uh, we're like, not married tonight okay?  I'm going to sleep with my ex-wife, but I'd like you to watch okay?  People always said we were soul mates. But after I'll totally take you for a ride."

Board footer