You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Scott Weiland in Rehab

Von wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has received the following official statement from VELVET REVOLVER:

"Following VELVET REVOLVER's performance last night [Wednesday, February 6] in Los Angeles, lead singer Scott Weiland voluntarily entered a rehab facility. Tonight's San Diego show at the House of Blues has been postponed; the rescheduled date for San Diego is [to be announced]. VELVET REVOLVER deeply apologize to their fans and thank them for sticking by the group."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=90268

Discuss....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow... i think a STP reunion is not gonna happen until he straightens himself out...i mean there is no way the DeLeo's are gonna go through this again with him hmm

man Scott i kinda figured at his last arrest, but at least hes volentarily goin in this time

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

He's voluntarily gone in before, doesn't mean anything.

Hopefully it's just for the alchohol, and nothing more serious.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

if it wanst "somethign more serious" he woulda done a urine test back when he was arrested in Nov.

sadly Scott's vice has never been booze sad

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

I know.  I'm just hoping that by some miracle he's kicked smack and it is just booze.  God i hope so.  sad

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This is fucked up. This is probably the final nail in the coffin for VR(cant be a band when your singer goes to rehab every 5 minutes), and this really lessens the chances of an STP reunion. Fuck. I was banking on a summer STP tour.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

ya never kick smack

i bet all the STP talk was a trigger...thats all he knew for years in STP

anyway its voluntary so that at least is a good sign that he recognized he was in trouble...prolly had a bad trip or somthing

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

Maybe it's a similar situation with VR.  Scott was strung out while they were trying to get him in VR, so he voluntarily went to rehab, and then joined the band.

Maybe he's promised the DeLeos to go through rehab and then kick off a tour with them.  Maybe they can keep him clean this time...

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Unbelievable. He has a great wife and kids, two amazing bands pandering for his services and the guy just drives the drug truck through the whole fucking lot of it.

His wife must be so fucking disappointed with this man. Hell I feel sick enough and I don't even know him.

His talent for doing the stupidest things at the worst possible time astounds me.

I used to think Scott was smart but with a dead brother from drugs, a tortured family who may well leave him again and two bands stopped in their tracks by his failures can only lead me to believe that this guy is a fucking moron.

He had been clean for three years which means his body no longer compelled him to require drugs, he would have also re-trained his brain to stop looking for them as a support. He obviously made the decision to fuck around with drugs again. That is so utterly selfish, nihilistic and counter productive plus downright dangerous (he could have killed someone on the highway).
I'm done with this guy, he's the Steven Adler of VR.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer