You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

If you are buying an Xbox make sure its the slim version and you should be ok.

I have had 2 broke down Xbox's, due to over-heateing (old model).
I have also had a failed drive on a PS3.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Might be best just getting one new then, they have came down in price a fair bit.

Next question, PS3 or Xbox 16

To be honest I've been a playstation guy since the PS1, and my bro has loads of games so thats what I'll probably go for. Thing is I want to give that Skyrim game a whirl, looks pretty cool, but I've heard its a bit temperamental on the PS3.

Also why do the consoles all come with different sizes of gb, what difference does that make to actual gameplay?

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

If you intend to play online a lot, then I would go Xbox, otherwise they are both fairly even in the games department, except PS3 has the bluray player.

I personally prefer the xbox, but still play my PS3 a bit too.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Sound! Whit aboot the gb's, whits that aw aboot?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

The harddrives on the consoles are for storying game saves usually. However the important factor in their size is playing games downloaded from the online store, installing games (often a requirement on PS3) and for downloadable content for your games e.g. extra levels, maps, characters, campaigns etc.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've heard people say the gaming experience and price point is better on the XBox.

But the PS3 is pretty much at the same level, and although in a world of $90 Blu Ray players, I think it's still worth mentioning that he PS3 Blu Ray has a fantastic audio & video presentation for a Blu Ray player, maybe one of the best.

I've used alot of Blu Ray players and I can honestly say they all look like and operate like utter shit compared to the PS3.

I've only had one Hard Drive fail on the PS3 in five years of owning it. Other than that, i've never had it work funky at all.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Not sure about the new Slim PS3s but on the original one it was possible to install any hard drive into it.

AtariLegend wrote:

With the GAME stores closing down, I can't don't where I'm supposed to buy PC games in Northern Ireland.

PC World/Curry doesn't really sell that much, HMV in Belfast has like 1 stack at the back store with like 8 different games now. The remaining Game next door in Belfast isn't much better.

Actually pretty pissed, I'm a Warcraft subscriber too. Can't buy Time Cards sad. It is possible to purchase the last expansion, but can't buy time to play it. No idea where else to shop in this country.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Can't you use Steam? It's a very nice platform, digital distribution and CHEAP prices!

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I need a new 360 game: help!

I just replayed Bioshock 1, and played through Bioshock 2 twice. I've worn myself out on Fallout 3. I'm having a hard time getting into RE5 (which I knew I would, which is why I didn't buy it til recently on the cheap.) Also had a hard time getting into Borderlands- is it worth sticking with?

Been replaying Serious Sam HD and other older shooters.

Any suggestions for badass shooter/horror survival games?

Board footer