You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Loaded - Dark Days

Recently placed an order with a music retailer over in Japan and decided to finally pick up Loaded's first record since I was ordering anyway and I'd really enjoyed their records from the last few years.

Listening to it right now for the first time. Really good so far. Just as good as the other two IMO. I think Loaded might be my favorite GNR side/solo project.

Any thoughts on this record? Favorite song?

I really wish Loaded had opened the whole US tour in 2011. I would have loved to have seen them.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I really like Loaded too. Aside from the title track, Wrap My Arms, Want To, Queen Joanasophina are my favs. But the whole album is solid.

One thing that I always forget to bring up, so I'm glad for this thread. I hear a lot of Mother Love Bone in this album. Duff even sounds very similar in places to Andrew Wood- am I insane? Can you hear that at all?

i'm really not very familiar with mother love bone, so it's hard for me to say.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

My only problem with Dark Days is that a couple of the songs are re-worked versions of songs from Beautiful Disease, that I like the previous versions better. 

Plus the version I have has a live show with it as well (downloaded from cdbaby if I remember correctly).  Nice bonus.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

i'm really not very familiar with mother love bone, so it's hard for me to say.

Think The Cult meets early-Pearl Jam.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Not a big fan of Dark Days aside from Seattle Head and Superman, my favourite album is definitely Sick. Every song is great!

Still hoping Beautiful Disease actually gets released one day. I believe it's some of Duff's finest work.

struck
 Rep: 0 

struck wrote:

Loaded is awesome its hard to pick sertain tracks over others. I trully love everything duff has done with the exception of velvet revolver I couldn't get into them and I don't really care for much of slashs solo stuff

struck
 Rep: 0 

struck wrote:

I got BEUTIFUL DISEASE its incredible its probably my favorite as well.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Beautiful Disease always being my absolute favourite album from an ex gunner, this is one of my favourite songs, from The Taking though, which in my opinion is a weak album.

Board footer