You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS return with CHESTER BENNINGTON as their FRONTMAN!

Axlin16 wrote:

I gotta admit, for the first time Weiland looks like he has a legit suit here. Those statements above, as well as the compensatory damages he is seeking is not out of spite, but what he feels he is owed and he wants it publicly out there that he is STP and that they are wrong.

I think the guy is in the right.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Probably both at fault.

Sounds like he's right about them using the brand without him.

Then again it's not the first time he was fired from a band for being "mini axl" - so he might want to ask himself why his bandmates want to replace him when he's the face of the band - hint: It's a sign you've become impossible to work with.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Or your bandmates are Jealous.........

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

I bet Scott wishes he had pulled an Axl and had acquired band`s franchise.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

D, nobody is jealous, he is just a pain to work with, but those greedy fucks should have formed a new band.  STP is Weiland.  Deleo isn't Slash.  That said since they are all original, if anyone left sans the drummer, you shouldn't carry on the STP name.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
-D- wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a15JqUsTHbg

scott slaughters Chester.... STP full of shit.. his range is still amazing

When he's focused and sober he is a great singer.  If only he could be like that every time on stage.

From hearing the details of both sides, it seems like he does have good grounds for a lawsuit as well.  They should have gone with a different name like they've done in the past.  Instead they get greedy and keep the STP name because it's a bigger draw.  But AoA and Talk Show were the band from STP with a different singer, each failed.  So who is the biggest draw in the band? Scott solo seems to do better than what TS or AoA did.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'd say Scott solo failed too.  The name (brand) STP (like GnR) is the draw, not any one specific member.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

My 5c worth.

The STP musicians have had enough of Scott's years of bad behaviour and they want to continue to make money and keep their profile without hanging on Scotts behaviour and whims.
They tried before with talk Show and Army of Anyone but couldn't get anywhere without the name "STP".

You may be critical of them keeping the name, but that name keeps mortgages paid and children in private schools so its no surprise that all sides want a piece of it. As you get older you look to secure your family and that drive for souless money may be hard for some of you younger members to understand just yet. Try having a kid though and you'll be amazed how your focus changes and hardens and it becomes about securing your family's future and fuck anyone who stops that happening.

The DeLeo brothers built the STP name just as much as Scott, Scott just had a more high profile role as the face of the band but the brothers are the engine that runs it (and the musicians that created the STP sound).  Both sides & the fans should respect the other for their role to date.

Scott has been on a big decline of late (read reviews of his solo shows here: http://reviews.ticketmaster.com/7171/77 … views.htm).
Scott's BS is tired and belongs in a band of twenty somethings. There's enough info out there to show that Scott is impossible to work with at times, irratic and undependable.
The band have stuck this for 25 years, if they look full of malice its probably because they are. STP should be where Pearl Jam are now.

This suit will end up costing both sides. My guess is that the current STP guys will have to pay Scott a dividend and visa versa from here on out. No winners.

Richard Patrick from Filter talks about Scott's issues here; http://www.noisecreep.com/2013/06/04/fi … tt-weilan/

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Not sure of all the legalities involved, but could we end up with TWO STP's, like we have 2 LA Guns, Queensryches, Great White's, etc.?  Then the public could decide which one is more STP than the other.  I'd venture to guess Scott would win out.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

And with that, we're back to my idea of a short run summer reality show where bands with contested lineups go head to head, and let the fans decide. Loser hangs it up. Hilarious and entertaining.

Board footer