You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Underrated Bands

Blind Melon then definately fits into 'Underrated'.

Jellyfish was/is underrated, but as short-lived power-pop group in the early 90s, it's understandable. They came out at the wrong time, but were masters of a great pop song.

Saul Williams is hugely underrated. Almost no one has ever heard of him, and yet he's a great writer, poet, performer (on stage and acting in films, like Slam), and musician. If he ever comes to you're area, go.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

My Morning Jacket & Death Cab for Cutie

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Elastica
Four Horsemen
Death Angel
King's X
Drivin N Cryin
Luscious Jackson
Nazareth

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

A band that's been forgotten recently is The Kinks.. I never hear them on the radio anymore, and they had alot of really good songs IMHO. 'Lola' should at least be played as much as a song like 'Brown Eyed Girl'

Celluloid Heroes the song is very underrated.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Sorry to bump up a 7 year old thread big_smile  but been listening to Pandora alot lately, and I gotta say, I think The Black Crowes are the most underrated band of all time.  They released a kickass album in 1992(?) which, while successful, definitely fell thru some cracks & didn't have much lasting power due to the explosion of grunge & alternative music.  From there, albums sold modestly well, but little radio play.

We all like to think the big "What If...." GnR stuck around. Well The Black Crowes DID stick around, and unfortunately didn't rec'v as much recognition imho in the 90s-2000s as they deserve. I think had GnR stayed together & been relevant in the 90s the Crowes would've likely benefited with similar tours & radio play by radio stations who managed to fit them both in similar to Metallica's success.

Anyway, Pandora is great for rediscovering bands you wish you followed more.  I really like The Black Crowes and the Inxs channel.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Local H and Fishbone.

Funny story, I actually ran into MSL on the Local H board hawkin demos.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Wow, Fishbone, nice call. Never knew much about Local H, admittedly always viewed them as a 1 hit wonder. I'll check into them a bit.   Funny story about MSL lol.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Sorry to bump up a 7 year old thread big_smile  but been listening to Pandora alot lately, and I gotta say, I think The Black Crowes are the most underrated band of all time.  They released a kickass album in 1992(?) which, while successful, definitely fell thru some cracks & didn't have much lasting power due to the explosion of grunge & alternative music.

THis song is absolutely amazing.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Hey James, good hearing from you.  Yes, that's a great song.  I picked up their "Croweology" a few weeks back, kinda a slowed down acoustic version of alot of their better songs.  This one is on it, although I do think this original version is better.  Another song Girl From A Pawn Shop is really good on the Croweology album.

Board footer