You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Stay of Execution

misterID wrote:

Yeah, but there were better methods available for a more dynamic sound than what Mike decided to employ on AFD. Just check out Back In Black, which I wish AFD would have followed. That's pretty much recorded perfectly. Had Mike had someone like Tony Platt engineering the album AFD would have a much better sound. There are just too many standard 80's techniques going on that if it weren't for how good the band was it would be an overall average to mediocre recording. Mike did the right thing with giving them a raw and simple sound but I don't think the recording or mixing was the best.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

MrID, I agree with that. BIB was amazing sound wise, so was FTATR was also killer production wise.

AS IS SHAKE YOUR MONEY MAKE BY THE BLACK CROWES. Sounds so awesome!

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I don't know enough about music production/engineering to really comment, but I'm surprised that anyone thinks AFD could have been improved by better engineering/mixing/polishing/anything.

I still love AFD as much as I'm sure you all do, so I just wish I knew more about what the fuck you all are talking about so that I could discredit your arguments and continue proclaiming that AFD is perfect as is big_smile

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am listening to SCOM right now. One of the greatest songs ever. Fuck that solo is so sick. I can hear acoustic guitar on it. The cymbals and duff's bass line are clear as day. Perfect.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I still think AFD could use a fresh look, and have some audio boosting. Just bring everything up a bit. NO NOT THE LOUDNESS WARS. Not overly compressed and overly amplified, but just bring up and spit shine a great mix for 2015. Chinese had a great mix, because Axl decided to go with an old school mix, as opposed to the loudness wars gimmick which were options 1 & 2. Axl chose 3, which shocked them all.

I knew alot of diehard rock fans that hated Chinese for what it represented, but said they loved its mix and the stand Axl took against the loudness wars.

But yeah, ALL GN'R albums at this point could use a fresh look and some Special Edition Deluxe Re-Releases.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I still think AFD could use a fresh look, and have some audio boosting. Just bring everything up a bit.

I think Axl'd agree with you on that.

I have re-recorded "Appetite" and -- Well, with the exception of two songs, because we replaced those with "You Could Be Mine," and "Patience," and why do that? Well, we had to rehearse them anyway to be able to perform them live again, and there were a lot of recording techniques and certain subtle styles and drum fills and things like that that are kind of '80s signatures that subtly could use a little sprucing up... a little less reverb and a little less double bass and things like that. - Axl, 99

I wouldn't mind re-mastering it [AFD] sometime. - Axl, 13

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

AndreCC wrote:

I can't imagine AFD without the double bass. I thought the bass wasn't as loud as it should be, but it didn't bother me. I  could hear the background sounds perfectly an all the instruments in the song. The Guitar volume is awesome too!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Saw this at HTGTH.....

STAY OF EXECUTION
Goods and Services   (ABANDONED) IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Digital media, namely, pre-recorded DVDs, downloadable audio and video recordings, and CDs featuring and promoting music; Pre-recorded CDs, video tapes, laser disks and DVDs featuring music
(ABANDONED) IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment, namely, live performances by a musical band; Providing a website for entertainment purposes featuring videos, photos, news and music about a musical group
Standard Characters Claimed   
Mark Drawing Code   (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number   86302577
Filing Date   June 6, 2014
Current Basis   1B
Original Filing Basis   1B
Published for Opposition   October 28, 2014
Owner   (APPLICANT) Rose, W. Axl INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES c/o Doug Mark, 120 El Camino Dr.,Ste.104 Beverly Hills CALIFORNIA 90212
Attorney of Record   Pamela Hicks
Type of Mark   TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register   PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator   DEAD
Abandonment Date   July 27, 2015

---------------------------

Stay of Execution pipe dream officially over.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

haha it's the early 2000's all over again...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Cramer wrote:

haha it's the early 2000's all over again...

14 Funny you say that because it did remind me of that 2000 Intentions thing where one minute you hear about it and then its like it had never existed. Stay of Execution definitely falls into that category.

Board footer