You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Fortus says new music and tour in 16

James wrote:

Wow. That pic is intriguing. I've been out of the forum loop for too long. Dont remember that at all. Looks like something Reznor would do but difference is that you would see Reznor follow through with something. One of the things that's frustrating as a fan of GNR in the CD era is how there can be so much talk about doing certain things and then its like it had never been mentioned. Like you said, its just abandoned.

As far as that pic goes, if they weren't going to post clues about it or have Axl/ a band member make a statement about it to get fans interested and speculating about its significance which could lead to various media outlets picking up on it, why bother posting it in the first place? Maybe it was meant to stir up the fan base but didn't get a good reaction so it was dropped? Just like the missing bike in 2008.

Some of the stuff Slash did, you know, that was like the beginning, the seed of the song, that's been around for a while.

Interesting. I remember Axl taking a dig about Fall to Pieces being from that era yet here he is playing around with some of Slash's ideas. I'd like to hear it obviously, just surprising he'd admit to that material being worked on.

"Been around a while"? That's an understatement. 16

As far as Fernando's "update":

Actually it's not as bad as I expected it to be.  He doesn't really say anything substantial about GNR obviously but his tone seems to have changed.  I like how he admits to how they have always read the forums(we already knew that though), and how "even the most negative ones help".  Any time something happens no matter how minor or trivial, it's the best way to gauge the reaction among hardcore fans, take its pulse so to speak, and the "negative" ones are where you can get a glimpse of how the general public might feel about it. The so called "nutswinger" posts we used to see years ago like "We love you Axl! This is the greatest decision ever!",etc. posts when it obviously wasn't were of absolute zero value.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Wow. That pic is intriguing. I've been out of the forum loop for too long. Dont remember that at all. Looks like something Reznor would do but difference is that you would see Reznor follow through with something.

It's very NIN.

Axl's equivalent of saying "Round Two"

johndivney wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

IMO "pretty up in the air" is being a bit too positive. At this point I don't think there's a band at all, hasn't been since their last show, and wont be for the foreseeable future.

this is mostly how i see it also.

apex or other's will know better than me, but what has happened in this period since the last show/axl & pitman's studio work/apex's post on page 2??
from the sounds of it, it would seem like contracts haven't been renewed?? been allowed to lapse? is there anyone still on retainer? pitman even?

but, by the sheer presence of his post/fact of the matter, given fernando felt compelled to write it's a sign there must be life in the beast somwhere.
we're just all on axl time is all. he's won!

he's like hannibal lecter trying to reverse time. only axl can't reverse it either. all he can do is slow it down as much as possible, so it's almost like you're not moving at all.
i would love to see axl's actual schedule, like just day-to-day schedule. he's goddamn brilliant. he's got something going on..
nice work if you can get it i suppose.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Well, someone over at MyGNR apparently asked CD co-producer Caram Costanzo last month about whether he's involved with CD2. Caram denied this. He did live sound for the band in 2010-12, and MSL said he was still owed backend monies for CD at the time. If true, it's beginning to look like Pitman's taken over the studio monkey role. I'm sure he's technically up to snuff.

As for everybody else, remember the Radar Online rumors?

“Band members have been told their calendars are free following Vegas,” a source close to the band tells RadarOnline. “Axl (Rose) is considering retiring and it’s done. Band members and support staff were surprised when told the news and are actively looking for work.”

Everybody clinged onto the retirement rumor, and conveniently overlooked the fact that the Guns calendar was left wide open after Vegas. What might've happened there was Axl unceremoniously wrapping up the CD era. There's enough material in the vaults to compile new releases, which he only needs to dress up on his own time. Him and Pitman.

Everybody else is likely out there, waiting for the call to happen. Given Diz and Frank were involved in that recent (lame) Nightrain contest, they're both still 'involved', so to speak. Ditto Tommy. Fortus is a good sport to take Dizzy along over to Dead Daisies. Pitman and Frank have the Beatrazr thing going.

DJ and Ron both likely left just because. According to the 'confirmed source', "[Ron] quit [in March/April] in South America. He told Axl he was done and (Las) Vegas would be his last run with the band." On the first day of the Vegas residency, news broke out that all bets were off. Ron may have simply advised TB that he would use the layoff as his cue to leave the band. Alternatively, Ron smelled the coffee by the time Duff came in and wanted to leave - Axl laid off the entire touring band in response. Go figure.

Lomax wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Well, someone over at MyGNR apparently asked CD co-producer Caram Costanzo last month about whether he's involved with CD2. Caram denied this. He did live sound for the band in 2010-12, and MSL said he was still owed backend monies for CD at the time. If true, it's beginning to look like Pitman's taken over the studio monkey role. I'm sure he's technically up to snuff.

As for everybody else, remember the Radar Online rumors?

“Band members have been told their calendars are free following Vegas,” a source close to the band tells RadarOnline. “Axl (Rose) is considering retiring and it’s done. Band members and support staff were surprised when told the news and are actively looking for work.”

Everybody clinged onto the retirement rumor, and conveniently overlooked the fact that the Guns calendar was left wide open after Vegas. What might've happened there was Axl unceremoniously wrapping up the CD era. There's enough material in the vaults to compile new releases, which he only needs to dress up on his own time. Him and Pitman.

Everybody else is likely out there, waiting for the call to happen. Given Diz and Frank were involved in that recent (lame) Nightrain contest, they're both still 'involved', so to speak. Ditto Tommy. Fortus is a good sport to take Dizzy along over to Dead Daisies. Pitman and Frank have the Beatrazr thing going.

DJ and Ron both likely left just because. According to the 'confirmed source', "[Ron] quit [in March/April] in South America. He told Axl he was done and (Las) Vegas would be his last run with the band." On the first day of the Vegas residency, news broke out that all bets were off. Ron may have simply advised TB that he would use the layoff as his cue to leave the band. Alternatively, Ron smelled the coffee by the time Duff came in and wanted to leave - Axl laid off the entire touring band in response. Go figure.

Too theoretical for me.
This is all based off a logical argument from some pretty optimistic assumptions.

I really hope you are right, but in the interest of providing a decent counterfoil, here is what we know for sure:

1. DJ is gone.
2. Ron is being "weird".
3. Axl and Pittman posted a shot from the studio.
4. Stay of execution fell through.

And that is it really.
All pretty negative developments.
Lets see where things go from here.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Personally I think Fortus, has done what Slash & Duff have done with the reunion shit. Fortus has rehearsed and memorized imo what he'll say to interviewers when he's asked this question, again... and again... and again. Slash & Duff have done the same. It's the same response. They know anything they say at any moment can be misconstrued and spun.

Whether it's happening or not, the guitarists are not involved imo, and have left the building. Axl & Chris are probably still working on something, just like they did when they were working together in the late 90's.

Wouldn't it piss of the GN'R fanbase if Axl dropped a new GN'R album next year, and it was a fucking EDM album? Wouldn't shock me at all.

Board footer