You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Smoking Guns wrote:

Saw Terminator Genesys. Was INCREDIBLE!!!  Huge fan of the series, and gets a lil too cute at times but Arnold and fucking Arnold and I loved it.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Saw Terminator Genesys. Was INCREDIBLE!!!  Huge fan of the series, and gets a lil too cute at times but Arnold and fucking Arnold and I loved it.

That's cool. I've heard mixed things about that movie. Fans like parts of it or hate it while critics have panned it as well. There's even people that liked it way better than T3 or Salvation. I may give it a rental when it comes out on DVD. It looks like a fun watch either way. I heard Arnie is the true highlight besides Clarke.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I saw the new Pixar movie, "Inside Out" with some friends last night. It was really good. Very charming, funny, and heart felt. The animation is superb and probably Pixar's best film since UP. Which is cool cause this movie is directed by the same guy.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

That's cool. I've heard mixed things about that movie. Fans like parts of it or hate it while critics have panned it as well. There's even people that liked it way better than T3 or Salvation. I may give it a rental when it comes out on DVD. It looks like a fun watch either way. I heard Arnie is the true highlight besides Clarke.

See I heard mixed reactions as well. And it's all over the place too. The people that liked it, absolutely LOVED it. The people that didn't like it, utterly hated it, said it was a piece of turd, and made T4 look like T3, and T3 like T2.

They're supposed to be working on a TV series that continues on the storyline from T5. I heard Clarke was horrible in it.

I never saw it. I saw T3 in a theater, and thought it was ok. Saw T4 in a theater, liked it more than T3, but still thought it was ok. I decided to skip T5, and wait for home video.

AtariLegend wrote:

Watched The Black Hole (1979) a Disney film that obviously wasn't aimed at kids outside of some of the robot designs.

When I watch it as a kid, I really liked it. Have to be honest though now after watching it tonight, it was awful. Incredibly unrealistic, i.e people magically being able to breathe in space, a robot getting frozen by something the Humans didn't, the Black Hole just being a big whirlpool, the silly ending where they have the characters magically spin around in a room (when you can obviously see nothing else is moving), a bit of rope having a stronger force than the black hole's pull, among other things. The robots looked awful, the plot was boring/silly and the ending was silly.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Bill Hicks: Relentless

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Watched The Black Hole (1979) a Disney film that obviously wasn't aimed at kids outside of some of the robot designs.

When I watch it as a kid, I really liked it. Have to be honest though now after watching it tonight, it was awful. Incredibly unrealistic, i.e people magically being able to breathe in space, a robot getting frozen by something the Humans didn't, the Black Hole just being a big whirlpool, the silly ending where they have the characters magically spin around in a room (when you can obviously see nothing else is moving), a bit of rope having a stronger force than the black hole's pull, among other things. The robots looked awful, the plot was boring/silly and the ending was silly.

That's funny, I almost wanna watch that again now.  I think I saw it as a kid, there was alot of those post Star Wars space movies coming out around then I'm sure. Sorta on topic I saw The Dark Crystal a few years ago, wasn't that good anymore. Pretty boring.

I watched Inherent Vice, a crime mystery by Paul Thomas Anderson (Boogie Nights).  I always  liked his films, this one notsomuch.  The filmic look & style is awesome, total 70s look. Joaquin Phoenix is good in it as is most of the cast. The story is just a bit long & as is his style moves along slowly, character development & storyline is a bit thin. Easy to get lost & tough to follow. I fell asleep the first time. Second time I liked it, but had to goto bed. 3rd time I tried finishing it but after 20 minutes checked the display & found I was 1:10 into a 2:28 movie.  F that. I shut it off & returned it to Netflix, I just couldn't do it. Not saying it sucked, myb I'll give it a shot again, but I doubt it.  I had Dawn of Planet of the Apes for about 3 weeks & just never watched it before returning it, so I wanted to get this one back pretty soon too. I should think about cancelling DVDs & sticking with streaming.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Just watched Lucy. Not bad!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Just watched Lucy. Not bad!

Great fun. Surprised it made all that money though. 400 million or something, that's a pretty massive hit on that budget.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The Babadook. Holy hell was that disturbing. Really gets under your crawl. And unlike all the Blumhouse shit, it's actually pretty scary. No CGI either, which blows my mind.

Board footer