You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: European Tour Profile and Rumours

slcpunk wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I wonder if Slash will convince Axl/Duff to go to India. This is amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXjUMWfPwwo&hd=1

Axl wouldn't even have to sing. 16

Anybody wanting support at Dell that day was shit outa luck.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Russia is a difficult one. AEG play two venues, SKK in St Petersburg and the Olympic stadium in Moscow. AEG tend to avoid Russia looking at the big scheme of things, but GN'R like to play there and it is a big market. The Olympic stadium has a bigger capacity, but St Petersburg could attract people from Estonia and near places, so it is hard to call.

The minor vote goes to Moscow, but it is about GN'R wanting to play there in 2016.

Rimov
 Rep: 10 

Rimov wrote:

Russia definitely deserves a show. Did old GNR ever play there?

They should play Moscow gig in 93 during next European leg of tour but cancel show  because of unstable politic situation.  Anyway I became a fan lately.

Axl played in Olympuisky stadium at 2010 and fail to fill it properly. Also there was a terrible sound. Then both Axl and Slash played at smaller venues for about 5000 people. Axl in 2012 has 2 shows in Moscow.

Slash after extrimely succesful show in 2013 wrote in Twitter that consider special Russian tour but last November he played only in Moscow, even not in Spb.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

With that recent history I think Russia will get at least one show on the upcoming tour.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Well, we can probably rule Reading Festival out – it's co-headliners for the final slot:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialReadin … 540280738/

...bugger.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Well, we can probably rule Reading Festival out – it's co-headliners for the final slot:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialReadin … 540280738/

...bugger.

I'm holding out for some UK shows because I can't afford to take time off to go to either Coachella or Vegas sad Well I probably could but the missus would be seriously pissed 14

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The more and more the less and less of these shows not getting booked, the more Eddie Trunk's theory seems to be a bit more accurate.

I wonder if all of this, in true Axl style, came about quickly and they're kinda just trickling dates out, dealing with multiple managements and contractual issues, and taking it all very VERY slowly and seeing what happens.

Thus the Kimmel cancellation.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Maybe promoters are just hesitant to take the plunge and genuinely want to see how the festival shows play out? If they were doing these shows for a Nu GNR price I bet promoters would be falling over themselves for it, but by all accounts they are pushing this for top dollar. Its not just Axl's tardiness thats a red flag, but the looooong history of his bad feelings towards Slash, the guy is an emotional powder keg at the best of times, throw Slash back into the mix and thats a potentially explosive situation.

I bet the Kimmel show was booked so Axl could dispel some of the fears promoters have, talk about the Slash situation and how it was water under the bridge, it was onwards and upwards from here on out.

Then he cancelled at the last minute, and that decision has got to have a few interested parties quietly shaking their heads.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its not just Axl's tardiness thats a red flag, but the looooong history of his bad feelings towards Slash, the guy is an emotional powder keg at the best of times, throw Slash back into the mix and thats a potentially explosive situation.

I bet the Kimmel show was booked so Axl could dispel some of the fears promoters have, talk about the Slash situation and how it was water under the bridge, it was onwards and upwards from here on out.

Then he cancelled at the last minute, and that decision has got to have a few interested parties quietly shaking their heads.

Absolutely. All eyes will be on Vegas. then immediately gravitate towards Coachella to see how this shindig will play out in a festival setting.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Would be awesome of they play somewhere in France...

Board footer