You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Same Old, Same Old

Axlin16 wrote:

This is why I waited.

All this time I silently watched this all from afar like an old veteran, and today is proof of what I always feared... even a reunion... wouldn't change a goddamn thing about how Axl operates.

And that's okay. I've come to accept it. It is what it is.

All of these questions. 2016 will be a BIG YEAR for Guns N' Roses, and... a press release came and went, the rollout was botched, Axl did nothing, and Slash & Duff were AGAIN left to promote something that hasn't even been their baby in over 20 years.

I'm really curious what money is on the line. Whether Coachella actually contracted them to MAKE THEIR FIRST appearence together. What interest does Slash & Duff have in this? What's the payday?

Because right now? Axl owns it all, and Slash & Duff are already in line to do all the work.

I don't blame Team Brazil. I blame 'ol Sittin Bull. It was always him. It must be a big ass payday for them to be prepared to put up with this. I don't see how they will be willing, unless GN'R are going to have alot of downtime for Slash & Duff to do solo stuff. Richard & Dizzy with Dead Daisies as well.

Btw, It does feel nice to be vindicated though. I said FOR YEARS that the reunion would be Axl, Slash, Richard, Duff, Frank, Dizzy & Chris... and I remember getting slammed by the reunionites and the "fuck Richard, fuck Frank" shit, it's Steven & Matt or fuck off -- types.

With that said. Long live Guns and hopefully 2016 will be the year for GN'R that it has been prophecized.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

This is why I waited.

All this time I silently watched this all from afar like an old veteran, and today is proof of what I always feared... even a reunion... wouldn't change a goddamn thing about how Axl operates.

All of these questions. 2016 will be a BIG YEAR for Guns N' Roses, and... a press release came and went, the rollout was botched, Axl did nothing, and Slash & Duff were AGAIN left to promote something that hasn't even been their baby in over 20 years.

I'm really curious what money is on the line. Whether Coachella actually contracted them to MAKE THEIR FIRST appearence together. What interest does Slash & Duff have in this? What's the payday?

Because right now? Axl owns it all, and Slash & Duff are already in line to do all the work.

I don't blame Team Brazil. I blame 'ol Sittin Bull. It was always him. It must be a big ass payday for them to be prepared to put up with this. I don't see how they will be willing, unless GN'R are going to have alot of downtime for Slash & Duff to do solo stuff. Richard & Dizzy with Dead Daisies as well.

Btw, It does feel nice to be vindicated though. I said FOR YEARS that the reunion would be Axl, Slash, Richard, Duff, Frank, Dizzy & Chris... and I remember getting slammed by the reunionites and the "fuck Richard, fuck Frank" shit, it's Steven & Matt or fuck off -- types.

With that said. Long live Guns and hopefully 2016 will be the year for GN'R that it has been prophecized.

Good to see you again, friend smile

We were just talking about you, and were prepared to wear "Where's Axlin?" signs.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Bwhahahaha

Good to see you again too. I've taken a HUGE break from all of this, and have gotten most of my news from news sources (rather than the forums). And even from news sources, since September or so, the news hasn't had SHIT. Neither has Eddie Trunk, and Slash denied everything (like I knew he would).

Not much has changed in all this. I wanted to wait until we saw something concrete, and it looks like this is a concrete as it gets. I told a friend about Axl's Jimmy Kimmel appearence, and up until today, I was anxiously awaiting it. Only to find out he cancelled it. I told the friend about the cancellation, and it was just the look of "we all knew this would happen".

NOTHING in the world of Guns operates normal. Then again, if everything operated normal, they'd just be another fucking band.

But hey, it's never boring in the world of Guns N' Roses. And to this very day, they are still the most unpredictable band in the world.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't blame Team Brazil.

Interesting point. I do blame them for certain things, especially aiming harsh comments towards various forum users which was ridiculous...but you have a point. How much did they have to work with? Nostalgia touring with no record in sight....only so much you can do.

NOW is their big test. I think this reunion increases our chances for new material dramatically. If an album cant come out within the next year or two, there are serious problems.

Yeah Axl is in charge alright but I have no problem if he sits on the sidelines and lets Slash and Duff do all the promo.....as long as it leads to SOMETHING. That is what made the CD era so disappointing, you knew that all roads led nowhere.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

See the problem James is that... i've always felt that Team Brazil follows Axl's lead. If Axl coasts, lazily so to speak, TB coasts as well.

I don't think a reunion is going to change how they operate and make them pick it up because there might be nearly $100 million on the line.

I think if anything... they'll be worse. I hate to say that, but it's just how I feel.

I think TB, and Axl, are going to look at it as "we brought back your golden guitar God, ugh..." and are going to just let it ride. They are going to feel, JUST having Slash there is enough to half-ass everything, because "hey, it's a reunion, people will come to US to do business".

Not to mention Slash & Duff will probably do most of the promo work. Which will make them sit on their ass even more.

I just don't see them running harder on this. I think they'll actually slow down and just jog.

The problem with new music and GN'R doing anything, is regardless of Slash & Duff doing promo (which I fully support), Slash & Duff WILL NOT have ANY say in the future of Guns. What's coming out, how, when, and where.

GN'R is still the property of W. Axl Rose. Nothing has changed, except Slash & Duff finally signed on a dotted line to be contract players on a contract that Axl drew up in Dec. 1995. They finally gave in.

This is still Mr. Rose's game.

Hopefully shit will change. Hopefully...

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

First and foremost, nice to see you back 5

Second, a couple of days ago i would've thought what you wrote here is crazy because everything looked great: star wars promo clip, coachella, stadium tour in the works, Kimmel appearance. It was exciting after a looong time.

Now, the first time he has the opportunity to promote this thing, we get a cancellation. Same old.
I thought, no, I hoped, things would change a little. But it seems we're going back to the usual.
I can't wait to see who's gonna be to blame for this 16

I'm not that enthusiastic as last week though, that's for sure.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Besides the Kimmel cancellation which was a bummer, what's everyone so down about? Slash and Duff are back, most people have wanted to see this for 20 years!

Also regarding the Kimmel thing, whilst I'm as dissappointed as anyone it got cancelled would it not make more sense to do this in a couple of months? Coachella will sell out regardless of promo. It looks like not everything is in place yet anyway, why not hold out til nearer the shows so there's more to say, more rehearsals been done (hopefully), and maybe do a song or something?

Probably wishful thinking on my part but there is some logic to postponing a Kimmel type event until nearer the time.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Besides the Kimmel cancellation which was a bummer, what's everyone so down about? Slash and Duff are back, most people have wanted to see this for 20 years!

Also regarding the Kimmel thing, whilst I'm as dissappointed as anyone it got cancelled would it not make more sense to do this in a couple of months? Coachella will sell out regardless of promo. It looks like not everything is in place yet anyway, why not hold out til nearer the shows so there's more to say, more rehearsals been done (hopefully), and maybe do a song or something?

Probably wishful thinking on my part but there is some logic to postponing a Kimmel type event until nearer the time.

My guess is that the Kimmel thing is kind of "a canary in a coal mine" event to some people... indication of potential mismanagement or "danger" to come.

It is a bit of a warning sign to me personally. I am hopeful that Slash and Duff would only join the band if Axl was willing to meet some of their terms and that they didn't just join for the money/hoping Axl would be cooperative with things.

Assuming Axl is not 100% in control of GNR I am pretty optimistic about the reunion. However, if Slash and Duff rejoined without any leverage (other than cash) and Axl is in full control I am a bit worried about the future of the band... I doubt they make new music or achieve a level cohesiveness if Axl's in charge. Slash and Duff as hired guns would be sad sad. Reunion is great, but be a band!

Not assuming the worst and I am hopeful they manage everything well but one can be worried seeing as Axl technically has been in charge for a decade and has gotten next to nothing done...
(buzzed)

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

This is why I waited.

GN'R will be getting paid 8 million dollars for doing Coachella. It is the highest amount ever paid by the festival for any act. The contract is between AEG/Goldenvoice and Slash, Duff and Axl who have agreed a share of the money. No other GN'R members are part of the contract, the band are free to choose whoever they wish to play. No other dates will be announced for a certain period of time to allow Goldenvoice to promote the festival first. The reunion came about because AEG promoted the Las Vegas residencies and built up a trust with Axl and his management. Some people knew GN'R were headlining Coachella five months ago, so it looks as though everything was agreed earlier than we thought, well, than I thought anyway.

Izzy was not wanting to be contracted to appear, but will appear at some point during the year. I do not know anything about Adler.

The European tour is still being finalised. There is no UK date at this point in time. Negotiations are still under way. So Reading, BST, all of those have not agreed anything with the band.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Izzy was not wanting to be contracted to appear, but will appear at some point during the year.

That's Izzy, alright.

Reckon he'll do it for the fun of it, rather than for money he can live without.
Big business obligations have never gone down too well with Mr Stradlin. 22

Board footer