You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: So... new music

Axlin16 wrote:

Good point, and that's why I don't trust Axl when he says "we've got 40 songs"

Axl has clips. Pieces.

That's why I think the vault is a pipedream. Then again... the reunion was supposed to be a pipedream too, so...

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Good point, and that's why I don't trust Axl when he says "we've got 40 songs"

Axl has clips. Pieces.

That's why I think the vault is a pipedream. Then again... the reunion was supposed to be a pipedream too, so...

When Robin left the band in 1998/99 he left because Axl didnt have a full album ready yet. HE said axl had 100s of song ideas but not completed songs.

this also explains the confusion over if Robin plays on Oh my god or not.  Axl claims robin plays on oh my god but robin claims he didn't.

that is probably because Axl just took some Finck guitar riffs or parts from those 100s of song ideas and pasted them into oh my god.  So Robins guitar is technically on the song but Robin didnt actually play on it.

Its just like how that Brian May solo on CITR, Brian May never actually played it like that.  Brian May said the solo he did was different and axl pieced together a number of different solos he played for Axl to make one solo.

So Axl may have 100 songs for CD but they are mostly incomplete.

That is why he said back in like 2006 or 2007 before CD was released the band had 2 and half albums recorded meaning probably like 30-35 songs fully recorded but the rest are just song ideas and not fully competed since Axl was so big on just cutting and pasting guitar parts together to make a song.

I think at most IMO there are probably only like 20-30 songs fully completed.  And some of those we already know the titles of like

Ides Of March ('98)
Oklahoma ('98)
Atlas Shrugged ('99)
Closing In On You ('99)
Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99)
Friend Or Foe ('99)
Hearts Get Killed ('99)
No Love Remains ('99)
Something Always ('99)
Suckerpunched ('99)
Zip It ('99)
Down By The Ocean ('01)
Leave Me Alone ('02)
Seven ('02)
The General ('02)
Thyme ('02)
Quick Song ('05)
Zodiac ('05)
Motormouth ('06)

that is like what 19 or 20 songs.

so besides those, there are probably only at most 10 more songs.  I bet one of those song titles are checkmate.

IF we ever hear anything else from the value, it will probably be those songs on that list and maybe a few more.

But yeah i agree I don't think there are like 70-80 songs out there.
Maybe 70-80 song ideas that are incomplete but if the whole 3 album thing was really always there plan, that is just like 40-45 songs and we already got like 15 of those with CD so that really just leaves like 30 more and 20 of those are on that list.

Also IF Axl, slash and duff were ever going to make an album and it would have to be done fast.

I could see Axl just picking the 12-15 best songs he had from those sessions and let slash and duff (maybe izzy) write to them, then put an album out.

At worse they could just pick 2-3 to put out an EP for the tour and record those.

But even new songs from this line up with slash and duff is a pipe dream at this point ha

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

that is what Patty told me when I spoke to her back in the day. She said when she did her harp for the song, BH was doing the solo.

Like I said in the other post. that is why BH hated Robin and you could tell on stage because there are videos of BH being a dick to Robin .

BH was pissed because he did a lot of work on the songs then Robin came back like he never left and Axl and Finck redo some of BHs solos for the album and that pissed off BH.

This I love must have been one of them, not sure what the others are.  But think about this.

There is a version of CD out there with BH doing all the leads and not much Robin. I love Robin but I would love to hear those tracks that had mostly BH solos

And to be fair, Axl could have just cut and pasted some of Robins guitar work when he came back to the band and Robin had no clue that he even did it. But it still pissed off BH from what I remember.

I cant imagine what BH thinks that Ron shitted all over some of his songs like Shacklers Revenge.  Even Rons Rhiad solo is shit compared to the leak that had BH on it.

I want to hear the SR version with BHs solos not Rons.

Damn. That really helps explain some of Bucket's reasons for leaving. Not just the wait itself but the fact he was being marginalized all in the name of Finck. I bet he shit several bricks when he heard Shackler's Revenge. Yes he got credit but song probably isn't even close to sounding like the original.

I think at most IMO there are probably only like 20-30 songs fully completed.

Stinson claimed there are 22 completed songs in the vault. That's the most recent info we have and I believe it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And I believe it too James, thus my reason for pushing the "Echo of Miles" narrative in my rare and sporadic posts over the last year.

Axl's at that moment, where if any studio stuff backs this band touring, right now more than anything it'll probably be a 2-disc, band commissioned-Best of-set with some alternate takes, demos, live cuts, and maybe a new rocker and new ballad thrown in for good measure, and imo Axl would ride that for at least two years.

Axl needs to decide whether he's gonna try to incorporate Slash & Duff into Chinese II (especially seeing how Richard, Frank, Dizzy & Chris are still there), or if Axl wants to just knock out the Echo-situation, release what's mainly left of Chinese in it's original form, with the Chinese I remix album, and maybe a 3rd disc of studio alternates (such as the BH-version of This I Love), and call it a day.

Focus his big Gun leftovers for Slash & Duff, and incoporate them into a completely different studio album focusing solely on 2016 Guns and the future with Slash & Duff back in. With Slash, Duff (87-93), Dizzy & Chris (98-present) all in the fold, plus possibly Izzy in studio, Axl is SURROUNDED by basically the entire ERA of Guns writers, including himself. It'd be a goddamn shame to waste having all those people around.

Then again it's Axl... if anyone knows how to waste time like a motherfucker it's him.

Board footer