You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: Poll: Do you want Izzy with GNR in Vegas, Coachella, Mexico City....

I agree its most likely the business side (aka money) keeping him out.    Too bad.    To be fair, he quit very early on and wasn't in the partnership, and outside of the hardcore fans his absence isn't really going to be noted.    He doesn't have much leverage.

Do you want Izzy to be with GNR in Vegas, Coachella, Mexico City.....

Yes 88%
No 12%
Total votes: 33
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Who voted no? Nesquick, did you sign up under a new name just to throw in a vote for Fortus? 16 13

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

this could be all about money.

I'm not willing to go there....yet.

If that winds up being the case...well to the use the words of one Mr. Izzy Stradlin....

Once there was this rock n' roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by......

It's about the money

That's a rumor I haven't heard.

What I heard is that he was never really considered for a full time role, but has an open invitation to guest anytime he wants. I could be wrong, but I've heard that from day one.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Ok, the one who noted no needs to confess right now! 14

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

I voted no, just to be a dick.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
skippy wrote:

I voted no, just to be a dick.

Ha! Glad you admitted to it!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Even though I think Izzy is flakey as shit, I voted yes. Would love to see all the original guys up there.

But if we're getting Fortus in place of Izzy, I'm good with that

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its the primary before Vegas & Coachella...in the words of MTV..... Rock the Vote

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I voted Yes, obviously. I was introduced to Guns, when Izzy was still in the band. To this day, my favorite GN'R lineup remains that 1991 lineup of Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Matt & Dizzy. I thought that lineup was a force of nature. I still wouldn't mind seeing Matt on the drums, although Matt brings about as much drama as Chris Pitman these days. Maybe less. Maybe we should give Matt a call? Frank Ferrer is the better drummer though.

Regardless about Izzy, and I do want him there... but I gotta be honest.

Bret Hart screwed Bret Hart

Izzy Stradlin screwed Izzy Stradlin

I don't think Izzy was even called now. And for that, I don't blame GN'R one, single bit. That's Izzy's fault. Izzy reminds me of my Dad somewhat. You can't have it both ways. One foot in, one foot out, none of the responsibility, but all of the money.

Izzy hasn't done jack fucking shit with GN'R since 1991. A couple, PAID, one-off situations in 1993, 2006 & 2012. That's It-zzy.

Just because Slash & Duff have re-entered the fold, doesn't mean this is the makeup of a reunion, and Slash & Duff being there means something entirely different. Bringing back Slash & Duff is an entirely different thing. Slash & Duff being writing chops, full-time membership, band leaders, financial responsibility (now, maybe not back in the day), and an overall reliance and value that Izzy simply does not bring and because of that Izzy doesn't deserve the money, nor the percentage cut the other three do.

Do I want Izzy there? Ab-so-fuckin-lutely. If Izzy thinks he deserves 25% of the gross take, same as Axl, Slash & Duff? Sure, but that would be a REALLLY BACKLOADEDEDDDDD contract if I was the lawyer writing it. Izzy would get small cuts initially, with backloaded money based on number of appearences, songs written, active involvement in promotion, etc. If he performs his duties, he could make a killing, no different than the "big three".

But that's not Axl, Slash or Duff's fault. IZZY made that bed. If they are fucking him now... he should probably look in the mirror.

I say that with blunt honesty. Nothing but love, all the best. Izzy Stradlin is the fucking man. I'll buy whatever he fucking does. God Bless the man. I truly mean that.

But if GN'R going forward means Axl, Slash, Richard, Duff, Frank & Dizzy? Fuck yeah, that sounds like one of their best lineups ever tbh.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

I voted Yes, obviously. I was introduced to Guns, when Izzy was still in the band. To this day, my favorite GN'R lineup remains that 1991 lineup of Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Matt & Dizzy. I thought that lineup was a force of nature. I still wouldn't mind seeing Matt on the drums, although Matt brings about as much drama as Chris Pitman these days. Maybe less. Maybe we should give Matt a call? Frank Ferrer is the better drummer though.

Regardless about Izzy, and I do want him there... but I gotta be honest.

Bret Hart screwed Bret Hart

Izzy Stradlin screwed Izzy Stradlin

I don't think Izzy was even called now. And for that, I don't blame GN'R one, single bit. That's Izzy's fault. Izzy reminds me of my Dad somewhat. You can't have it both ways. One foot in, one foot out, none of the responsibility, but all of the money.

Izzy hasn't done jack fucking shit with GN'R since 1991. A couple, PAID, one-off situations in 1993, 2006 & 2012. That's It-zzy.

Just because Slash & Duff have re-entered the fold, doesn't mean this is the makeup of a reunion, and Slash & Duff being there means something entirely different. Bringing back Slash & Duff is an entirely different thing. Slash & Duff being writing chops, full-time membership, band leaders, financial responsibility (now, maybe not back in the day), and an overall reliance and value that Izzy simply does not bring and because of that Izzy doesn't deserve the money, nor the percentage cut the other three do.

Do I want Izzy there? Ab-so-fuckin-lutely. If Izzy thinks he deserves 25% of the gross take, same as Axl, Slash & Duff? Sure, but that would be a REALLLY BACKLOADEDEDDDDD contract if I was the lawyer writing it. Izzy would get small cuts initially, with backloaded money based on number of appearences, songs written, active involvement in promotion, etc. If he performs his duties, he could make a killing, no different than the "big three".

But that's not Axl, Slash or Duff's fault. IZZY made that bed. If they are fucking him now... he should probably look in the mirror.

I say that with blunt honesty. Nothing but love, all the best. Izzy Stradlin is the fucking man. I'll buy whatever he fucking does. God Bless the man. I truly mean that.

But if GN'R going forward means Axl, Slash, Richard, Duff, Frank & Dizzy? Fuck yeah, that sounds like one of their best lineups ever tbh.

Solid post Axlin, I agree on all points! (Myself, Duff, and Slash however prefer Matt to Frank though). I will take Izzy anyway I can. I would give Izzy more money if he learns the tunes, rehearses like a mother fucker, works his ass off, makes GNR his focus etc. Make no mistake, Slash and Duff are here to bring it 100% as long as this train stays on the track. Should it go bad Slash and Myles are coming to a theatre near you.

Board footer