You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GnR Denied Permit to play past 11:15 in Foxboro, MA

James wrote:

I don't see the problem. The opening act performs their set, exits stage left, 30 minutes later the headliner takes the stage, performs until curfew....then drive home. Period. That's all I ask for as a fan from an artist/band I buy  tickets to see perform.

If other acts can do this, so can GNR.

Show time is 7 for Foxboro, so I'd hope Lenny would go on soon after that and be done by 8. Guns from 8:45-11:15.

Yep. There's no problem. That's plenty of time for a killer set.

Well I assume best case scenario Lenny goes on at 8, and he probably plays for an hour, so your switching sets at 9. Best case scenario there GnR goes on at 9:30.

I just don't see that best case scenario playing out.

If they have to, make Kravitz perform a condensed set. He only needs to do a small hits set. Let him pick 7-8 songs and then wrap it up. Maybe bring him out during GNR's set for Always on the Run.

Any other Evo members have tickets for night two at Foxburo? If so, maybe you should sell those and buy tickets for night one.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I know in the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal, it's just disapointing knowing there's a time limit on what should be one of the best nights of my life. And it's not exactly like Foxboro is a great place to go out after.

Plus say goodbye to any chance of a rarity in the set. Hell they'd probably cut Coma before The Seeker.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I know in the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal, it's just disapointing knowing there's a time limit on what should be one of the best nights of my life. And it's not exactly like Foxboro is a great place to go out after.

Plus say goodbye to any chance of a rarity in the set. Hell they'd probably cut Coma before The Seeker.

That depends on when they take the stage. The shows they've played so far have been about 2.5 hours, right? So if they go on by 8:45, they'd be within range. If it gets past 9 and they still haven't taken the stage, then we might have a problem.

I don't have tickets for night 2, but if they decide to sell them at bargain bin prices I'd jump on them. I've been trying to convince friends to go, but now I think I'll wait to see what happens. We should get a better feel for things once they start playing again. If they start playing 3 hour shows we could be missing out in Foxboro. But from what we've seen so far, it SHOULDN'T be a huge issue.

Board footer