You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Start times

Neemo wrote:

As far as I know he's been pretty good since vegas a few years ago ..im sure acdc wouldn't put up with it...from what I understand they are like  clockwork

S&D used to hate it so maybe him going on at a decent hour was a stipulation of the tour...just keep an eye on start times leading up to ur show if it bothers u

MichaelJBasso
 Rep: 1 

Neemo wrote:

As far as I know he's been pretty good since vegas a few years ago ..im sure acdc wouldn't put up with it...from what I understand they are like  clockwork

S&D used to hate it so maybe him going on at a decent hour was a stipulation of the tour...just keep an eye on start times leading up to ur show if it bothers u

Thats what I was trying to figure out initially, and the first poster gave me a pretty good answer as well, thanks though. I sort of figured this was the case but I wasn't sure. He seems to be better on all accounts lately.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

MichaelJBasso wrote:

Its not baseless. Listen to his interview with Eddie Trunk from 2006 i believe. Or maybe it was an older one I can't remember exactly which interview it was from. And wanting something to be on time isn't being a little bitch, its wanting what you paid for and not wanting to waste MY TIME waiting around. But i'm sure it must be nice not having a job and being a little internet troll whos trying to impress his friends about how late he stays up.

A) I have a job asshole, and even if I didn't, so what?

B) You've got no source (on Axl just wanting to be late for shits and giggles) and it is baseless.

C) Not a troll, I've been in this community for a long time.

D) I've seen the band twice before and regardless of the start times I didn't cry because I had to stay out late. I realized that if I am going to see the band, they might go on late.

E) Just cause you buy a ticket doesn't mean you're entitled to a crisp start at 8 pm, if so lots of people like you would sue the promoter for not delivering.

F) Welcome to the site, but, fuck you for the personal attack that is baseless. Not trying to impress anyone here, thanks.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Lol, good to see the old Ax man can still bring it out in people.

I don't love late starts myself, but I do like late shows and being a GN'R fan I just expect to maybe wait for a couple of hours.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Sundance and Mike, can you guys ease back on the tension?

Obvious that the potential late starts are still a polarizing issue to say the least.

johndivney wrote:

8 o'clock is not night time. Unless you're 2 years old.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
MichaelJBasso wrote:

8 o'clock is night time.

Yeah, but most of the shows aren't scheduled to start until 7 or 8. That's the printed time on the ticket, so you know that going in. You also know there's an opening act, so obviously Guns isn't going to start by 7 or 8. So I think the earliest you could expect them on is probably 90 minutes after the scheduled start time, and let's be honest, that's probably reaching a bit. We'll have to wait to see how the first few stadium shows go and then we'll have a better idea. Bottom line is though, you know enough ahead of time to decide if it fits into your schedule. If it's too late, I'd suggest not buying a ticket, or sucking it up for one night and making any necessary adjustments. If that's not possible however, I probably wouldn't go because it would take away from your enjoyment.

johndivney wrote:

8 o'clock is not night time. Unless you're like faldor & started drinking at 9am..

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

8 o'clock is not night time. Unless you're like faldor & started drinking at 9am..

That's a long day. I'm usually not up early enough to start drinking at 9. I had a roommate that would wake up hungover and continue on to fight through it the next morning. He'd pass out in the early afternoon and a couple of times he'd wake up at 6pm, thinking it was 6am. He'd hop in the shower to get ready for work. I'd wait until he was all freshened up to let him know he had another 12 hours to kill. Good times!

MichaelJBasso
 Rep: 1 

The annoying thing is that i was just asking a question but now apparently it turned into that i literally cry at the late start times. Second of all 8 is not late at night but the fact that people arenactually trying to tell me '8 oclock at night' is not night is fucking insane

Board footer