You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Izzy Stradlin MTV News segment(1992)

James wrote:

Hadn't watched that in eons. Interesting time. No one knew what would happen from that point with him and/or GNR. MTV gave him a small push. I wish he could've caught on but there was just too much going on in the music world in 92 for anyone to pay much attention to this.

I remember watching this when it first aired. Had only been living in Missouri a few months at the time.

A great time to be alive....

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

I never understood what was so cool or special about Izzy. He threw away a band which he co-founded for bullshit trivial reasons. You don`t throw away something you helped to create, you just don`t, no matter what.

pacu44
 Rep: 3 

pacu44 wrote:

He didn't sell them out and say it was drugs for the band and Axls ego... Hoping they would come to their senses.

All these later, they have not come to their senses...

Sanity is important, try being sober with drug addicts and Axl... ... ...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Cool interview.

Ragnar

Ragnar wrote:
pacu44 wrote:

He didn't sell them out and say it was drugs for the band and Axls ego... Hoping they would come to their senses.

All these later, they have not come to their senses...

Sanity is important, try being sober with drug addicts and Axl... ... ...

These Excuses don`t work anymore. He`s an irresponsible quitter end of story and now wants an equal share of the dough, does n`t work that way.

johndivney wrote:

Bit harsh that judgement, Ragnar, of him being an irresponsible quitter. You're leaving little scope for Izzy's side of the story. The guy had obviously scared himself into going clean, then rocks up at those infamous Chicago rehearsals & sees the shit still hitting the fan from every angle. It's a question of survival.
The head melting behaviour of all involved in the Illusions sessions & first tours, I'd have cashed my cheque and walked too.

& it's not like they built this huge empire after he left. They're pretty much right where they were when he quit.
Then came back to help out - but that fact is often overlooked when haters hate on the guy & deny him credit. Gilby irresponsible for breaking his wrist..

Ragnar

Ragnar wrote:

I`m not an Izzy hater nor am I taking away anything from him I just call him what he is. I`m sorry but he`s a quitter and can`t handle any responsibilities as evidenced not only how he quit the band  and left his bandmates high and dry in the middle of UYI World Tour, but also his failure to show up at rehearsals of his Juju Hounds side-project on their Japanese Tour.

When you`re a founding member of one of the biggest bands in music history, you should stop acting like " you`re too cool for school ", you should do all the business and legal side of the band with the others, if you don`t, then you should n`t demand equal pay whenever you decide to roll out and strum unplugged guitar. You don`t get paid full-time for part-time job." I have n`t had my cereal this morning and I won`t show up at recording and mixing sessions" attitude is n`t a way to go.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

actually, I kind of agree. even Axl got his shit together and is acting like a nice, grownup person nowadays.
on the other hand, Izzy owes nothing to nobody, and of course can do whatever he wants to do.
just maybe without all that passive-elusive attitude.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
zombux wrote:

actually, I kind of agree. even Axl got his shit together and is acting like a nice, grownup person nowadays.
on the other hand, Izzy owes nothing to nobody, and of course can do whatever he wants to do.
just maybe without all that passive-elusive attitude.

I actually kind of agree with Ragnar too, and this is coming from a DIEHARD Izzy mark. Love me some Izzy.

But Izzy's decision making has always been peculiar to me. More so than even Axl or Bucket. I just don't get what makes Izzy tick.

He was the glue, but wanted smack. He wanted to be the real deal. But didn't want to work for it. You've gotta hand it to Axl, even he put his guns down and got his shit together. Sure 50% of the gross does that, but at the same time, still. Slash & Duff have been clean for years, unlike Steven. And the rest are replacement players, and of all the additional musicians, Dizzy is still with the band of them all, including Matt & Gilby. Says something.

Truth of the matter is, if Izzy was getting slighted money-wise, then Izzy should've buried their fuckin' reunion, by coming out of the gate and doing all kinds of press saying "they wouldn't give me my fair share, and that's why i'm walking". He didn't. He skirted around the issue, didn't participate, and they moved on. Izzy also knows when the chips are down, GN'R still keeps the fridge stocked with cold cuts and wine, when nothing else he's ever done in his life has. Reality check is, Izzy is still living off "the oldies" no different than Axl, Slash & Duff. He's not some bad ass real deal rock n' roller, but the only one of the true Guns N' Roses (even Steven got his shit together for a show), that can't seem to come to grasps that he was in the biggest rock band of the last 25 years, and refuses to deal with it.

Or maybe Izzy just doesn't want to do it

And Izzy has the free will to make that decision. Maybe he has more important things in his life, and good for him that he does. No different than Chris DeGarmo from Queensryche or Jim Martin from Faith No More.

But to keep rolling Axl, Slash & Duff, and playing the "no replacements" card with Dizzy (whom the media continues as I write this to refer to as a replacement player in Axl's 'new Guns'), simply because two former junkies, one who doesn't want the workload (his choice), and the other who's barely been sober for 2 years, and never held down the workload of Frank Ferrer, let alone Matt Sorum, to be preferred in a worldwide stadium tour?

All I got to say to that is... dude, really? Cut the 2016 Guns a break man. Pot meet kettle.

pacu44
 Rep: 3 

pacu44 wrote:

13:izzy::butt:

Board footer