You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

slcpunk wrote:

And it certainly appears that Trump is softening/changing his stance on immigration as reported last week. Again, kind of a big deal.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I do not believe it's any coincidence that he represents low-income, low-education whites. To me, as a white man, I see this group of white people as ignorant, bigoted and hateful as anyone. Even if your ancestors were here 200 years ago, what does that have to do with you 7 generations down the line?

I have the answer for you....it doesn't. You've done nothing but rest on your laurels and expect things to work out.

I agree with everything thou said except this part, and I thing it's a pretty big deal as it's a big part of the problem. This group, if you actually know them, are natural democrats. They do care about the enviorment, they do see how the rich rules and shits on the working class. They do know how hard hard Mexicans work, they actually do have black friends... In their personal lives, where they live and interact with. But once you get into a generalized vbiew, especially with politics!, theryre totally different people: the EPA s evil and s trying to destroy America, Mexicans are going to murder us and force us to speak Spanish, blacks are lazy and the government is going to steal our jobs and ghive it tyo them. They want all white men to be poor and emasculated and serve minorities, and we have to protect the rich who make our way of life possible.

One of the reasons theory think that is because of liberals. Read any liberal blog and see how they speak about whites. It is racists. There is real ugly resentment. And theory are made out to be villains. On the opposite side, not only do conservatives stroke these fires, they treat them with a measure of (fake) respect, like they actually are sticking up for them, that they're on their side. They're fighting for them. That produces loyalty, even blind loyalty, even if personally you have different beliefs. And yes, political correctness is seen as a weapon against whites, and in a lot of ways, it is. Its censorship through morality, no different tan the right wing did with the christian coalition.

Liberals need to tell these whites they are on their side too. The blue collar white guy with just a high school diploma, they know the world is changing, there way of life is ending, you need that college degree, they're worried about losing their jobs, they're worried about outsourcing, they're worked about their kids future, knowing theory can't afford college, and if they can scrape it together, they could lose a spot to affirmative action, which is another thing that's manipulated. They are stressed and worried. It has jack shit to do with race, that's an easy thing to grasp onto and transfer that anger towards. There are more poor whites than all pod minorities combined. Not all have the best schools? Not all have opportunity. There's a large swath of whites where white privlagge does not apply.

Liberals don't see that. Whiteness and white privlage are easy things to say and believe, but nothing is easy. We need to start trying tyo really reach these people instead of lazy name calling and villainizing. Why do you think Trump is popular with them? Because he's telling them they won't be left behind. Their fears are valid. They are not the bad guys. He wil stick up for them. Liberals do not... The closest, in all honesty, was Bernie.

Plus, we're dealing with 200 years of brain washing of blue collar whites by the rich and establishment to keep their focus off the real culprits who are birthing them.

Ok ok....maybe I need to scale back on that comment.

I actually voted for Bernie in the primary....but I digress....

I don't believe that Trump means anything he says. He's just harnessing an energy.

People have a right to be afraid and look for a hero. But not him. While Trump stoops for the supposed little guy....he is exactly part of the problem. He's a birthed who inherited his wealth from a criminal.

How could one be so deluded as to fall for it?

As far as white privilege goes....that's totally bunk. We've been divided bsy race when it's really socioeconomic that should unite us.

Completely agree.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Cramer wrote:

And it certainly appears that Trump is softening/changing his stance on immigration as reported last week. Again, kind of a big deal.

If he can completely change here and it not hurt his base support, he can really get away with murder, and people are going to have to take a whole other look at his appeal. Maybe that's a good thing. His outreach to the black community has been a disaster, IMO. Why isn't he speaking to black groups and leaders?

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:
Cramer wrote:

If he can completely change here and hurt his base support, he can really get away with murder, and people are going to have to take a whole other lokat his appeal. Maybe that's a good thing. His outreach to the black community has been a disaster, IMO. Why isn't he speaking to black groups and leaders?

He's reaching out to rooms full of white people in regards to the black community. I'm sure it makes perfect sense to him.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Cramer wrote:
misterID wrote:
Cramer wrote:

If he can completely change here and hurt his base support, he can really get away with murder, and people are going to have to take a whole other lokat his appeal. Maybe that's a good thing. His outreach to the black community has been a disaster, IMO. Why isn't he speaking to black groups and leaders?

He's reaching out to rooms full of white people in regards to the black community. I'm sure it makes perfect sense to him.

So the other candidate who hasn't done an interview in 7 months because every word is scripted and controlled is both more believable and desirable than the candidate willing to go on every network and talk off the cuff?

What policies does the DNC offer that have improved the quality of black Americans?  Sure the DNC caters to Latinos with its absurd immigration policy. But that same policy is what brings in a similar socioeconomic class that directly competes with the targeted black demographic for jobs and housing. Please excuse me if I don't continue the false narrative that all Mexicans pick lettuce in the fields.  Not much farmable land in Southern California, New Mexico, Arizona and Southern Texas - the area most Hispanics live in, legal and illegal.  What rational person argues America should have an open border and once you touch US soil, you're clear to stay?  In what reality is that policy sustainable?  So who's offering real solutions and who's offering fantasy?

Free college to everyone?  You believe that?  With unregulated universities being allowed to continue raising tuition astronomically and many times the rate of inflation, sending every American student to college is an incredible deficit.  It would only be paid for by a massive tax hike, something not accomplished without taxing the middle class. And the middle class isn't going to agree to that if every 18 year old dipshit can go to university to study The Effects of THC on The Young Mind for a year before failing or dropping out. Clinton neglects all the details of her proposal and relies on the fantasy. The hacked emails fucking showed the game plan to keep her supporters ignorant of the details.

Anyone who thinks proposals like these are remotely possible are either uninformed or desire a fundamental change in our economic and government systems that they're not willing to be forthright with.

Trump may be a blowhard and a moron at times, but at least he's offering real solutions to the problems most Americans care about rather than only offer fantasy and imagined problems.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Cramer wrote:
misterID wrote:

So the other candidate who hasn't done an interview in 7 months because every word is scripted and controlled is both more believable and desirable than the candidate willing to go on every network and talk off the cuff?

What policies does the DNC offer that have improved the quality of black Americans?  Sure the DNC caters to Latinos with its absurd immigration policy. But that same policy is what brings in a similar socioeconomic class that directly competes with the targeted black demographic for jobs and housing. Please excuse me if I don't continue the false narrative that all Mexicans pick lettuce in the fields.  Not much farmable land in Southern California, New Mexico, Arizona and Southern Texas - the area most Hispanics live in, legal and illegal.  What rational person argues America should have an open border and once you touch US soil, you're clear to stay?  In what reality is that policy sustainable?  So who's offering real solutions and who's offering fantasy?

Free college to everyone?  You believe that?  With unregulated universities being allowed to continue raising tuition astronomically and many times the rate of inflation, sending every American student to college is an incredible deficit.  It would only be paid for by a massive tax hike, something not accomplished without taxing the middle class. And the middle class isn't going to agree to that if every 18 year old dipshit can go to university to study The Effects of THC on The Young Mind for a year before failing or dropping out. Clinton neglects all the details of her proposal and relies on the fantasy. The hacked emails fucking showed the gameplay to keep her supporters ignorant of the details.

Anyone who thinks proposals like these are remotely possible are either uninformed or desire a fundamental change in our economic and government systems that they're not willing to be forthright with.

Trump may be a blowhard and a moron at times, but at least he's offering real solutions to the problems most Americans care about rather than only offer fantasy and imagined problems.

Do you know why? Hillary doesn't do any interviews because she doesn't have to.

That's how garbage Donald is as a candidate.

Hillary is kneeling the ball in the third quarter.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I notice that whenever somebody takes a bite out of Trump/GOP you immediately pivot to the other side of the equation. I can say Trump is a racist demagogue and the first thing you'll say is "Yea, but Hillary..."

You plan on voting for this man, I'm curious how you can justify that action. He's not a conservative, he clueless in regards to the COTUS, how government works, he's a bigot, he's a conspiracy nut (birther), he constantly changes his mind, his tax plans would blow up deficits, he is ignorant in regards to foreign affairs, he mocks our vets, most established conservatives find him to be dangerous and is clearly a pathological liar. Yet whenever any of these truths have a light shone upon them, you immediately point fingers elsewhere.

Randall Flagg wrote:

You can't sincerely believe this. It's one thing for Hannity and Coulter to stoop so low, but this really surprises me that you'd fall for this nothing-burger that Trump is selling.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

New national poll has Hillary at +10. Her average is up there too. I'm not a big fan of national polls, but I know some of you guys prefer them, so here you go.

When they add in Stein and Johnson Hilary's average drops to +4.5. I'm too lazy to add that though.

The Democratic nominee drew wide levels of support from women (60 percent to 36 percent), those between the ages of 18-34 (64 percent to 29 percent), and 35-49 (53 percent to 39 percent). Trump, meanwhile, holds a smaller advantage among men (48 percent to 42 percent) and a large lead over Clinton among whites who do not have a college degree (58 percent to 35 percent).

Independent voters prefer Clinton slightly, 46 percent to 41 percent, while likely voters between the ages of 50-64 are split, with 46 percent behind Clinton and 47 percent backing Trump. Voters 65 and older supported Trump 49 percent to 45 percent.

While Trump holds an 11-point edge among all white voters (52 percent to 41 percent), there remains a significant difference between white men and white women.

But even as 59 percent of white men backed Trump to 32 percent for Clinton, the survey shows that Trump still has some ground to make up with white women, a group that Mitt Romney won by 14 points, according to exit polls. Clinton leads Trump 49 percent to 46 percent among white women likely to vote, holding a more comfortable 62-point lead (77 percent to 15 percent) among non-white voters.

Nine in 10 voters surveyed said their minds are made up about their decision, with roughly the same share of Trump and Clinton supporters indicating that level of certainty.

polls.pngfotos kostenlos

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Have you read Hillary's job plan?  Serious question.  Her solution to creating jobs is taxing the fuck out of the rich (good luck) and taxing companies that send jobs overseas (even more good luck) and with that money that she'll never get, she is going to magically create millions of high paying jobs.  That's her solution. 

I don't think anyone supporting Hillary has a right to complain about Trump's nothing plans.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Yeah that was an interesting flip flop. He's going to tear down his wall before building it....which was a big part of his initial appeal for people.

"Black Power" could mean a lot of things.

14 So could white power.

I see this group of white people as ignorant, bigoted and hateful as anyone.

So black power is ok but white power isn't.

Fantastic.

Do you know why? Hillary doesn't do any interviews because she doesn't have to.

Just what I always wanted in a president/presidential candidate....one who doesn't do any interviews "because they don't have to" and at the same time this somehow makes their opponent "garbage".

God this country is so fucked.

Didn't you criticize Bush on the old site for his lack of press conferences? Funny how its peachy keen as long as the one not doing them is a dem.

Board footer