You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Re: US Politics Thread

Ragnar wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Dismissing more than half of the country as racists, xenophobes or other epithets their small brains could conjure up, haunted leftists and came back to bite them in the ass.

Killary shot herself in the foot when she called Trump`s supporters " deplorables". So much for the most competent Secretary of State 14

Well...they are deplorables to be honest. Many are racists. Many are OK with his stance on women. Many like him because he's a xenophobe. It's no real secret.

I`m sure some are and many are n`t even t`though leftists think all right wingers are racists, I`m sorry, it`s simply bullshit. When you`re a seasoned politician and think "you`re fit for presidency" then, you should n`t ostracise potential voters.

Issues are far deep-seated than supposed "racism" of Trumpsters. I`m sure this kind of rethoric

or this kind of behaviour

did n`t help Killary`s case either. When you preach tolerance, acceptance and building bridges then, you should n`t outright denounce everyone who has different opinions.

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Amazing! I am so fucking happy. Great day to be alive. He really loves America!!!

You're right, the age of Aquarius is just a few months away now!

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I am up at 4AM...I'm completely dejected. I cannot find one redeeming quality about this man. I hate knowing that I live in a country where this man is considered a leader of any kind.

The uneducated white vote came out in droves today.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Unbelievable result. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. He has a blank canvas in a way, as his campaign seems to have been based around nice sound bites and saying stuffs going to be great again he can pretty much go in whatever direction he pleases.

Never ceases to amaze how powerful a slogan 'lets get our country back' seems to be to certain folks. They used it for brexit without anybody really stopping and asking what it means and it's worked for Trump as well. I guess both sides of the pond are about to find out.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Well shit...I sure hope I'm completely wrong about this guy...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

"Do you have any idea how lucky you are?"

"Is this a great country or what?" -- J.R. Ewing

I TOLD YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ewing2.jpg

'Ol J.R. ain't dead yet!!!

Rimov
 Rep: 10 

Rimov wrote:

Hello from Moscow,

May be it could be interestng for someone how Russians feel US elections. Most of Russians are fare from politics and have no ideas what are political differences between Hillary and Donald. But most of people whom I know prefer Trump because he looks real  when Hillary looks false and again false.

I once have been in NY because of my work is real estate and i was in group of professionals who was invited by Trump Organisation to check Trump Soho project. After visiting of construction site we met with Donald for a half a hour. And I had a  feeling from this meeting that this is a very srtrong man. Definety with big charisma.

I think he won because of this charisma, and absence of smthg similar of Hillary. She looks empty, when compare with Donald. MAy be this was reason for those who not interesting with politics.

Just opinion from Russia

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Unbelievable result. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. He has a blank canvas in a way, as his campaign seems to have been based around nice sound bites and saying stuffs going to be great again he can pretty much go in whatever direction he pleases.

Never ceases to amaze how powerful a slogan 'lets get our country back' seems to be to certain folks. They used it for brexit without anybody really stopping and asking what it means and it's worked for Trump as well. I guess both sides of the pond are about to find out.

Our country back from whom?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Rimov that's a valid point. And I think it nailed it.  There's no doubt Trump isn't entertaining. If he lost I was ready to post about how he could have a show on 9pm Thursdays where he just debated & called people out, and I guarantee you it would be the highest rated show on all of Television. Although, I think his charisma is more of a brash, dick. Living a life we people are perplexed at, born into wealth, filthy rich, says whatever he wants, lived a lavish life partying with the NYC elite.  Sortof like a jerk of a QB at USC or Michigan.

I think a saying about the 2000 Gore/Bush campaign holds true. They said 'If they went to court, they'd rather have Al Gore as their lawyer representing them. If they went out for a beer, they'd rather go out with George Bush".   Replace Hillary & Trump accordingly and you're onto something.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Just gonna put my head down and hope for the best. Work for myself and my family and hope I don't feel the effects of a Trump presidency, and that's how it should work. If people are feeling the effects of a new prez, that new prez is probably doing something wrong.

Pollux was right about the polls. I have no idea how guys like Nate Silver have jobs. I'll never trust a poll again. It's too hard to accurately poll people nowadays.

Good luck to everyone in Trumpland.

Board footer