You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: US Politics Thread

Neemo wrote:

Wow...this took a turn...lol

I don't feel that any of this treatment should be allowed until the person receiving the treatment is of legal age to make the choice for themselves

I don't feel that sex change operations or hormone treatments should be covered by government funding...it's a personal choice...not life threatening or a personal wellbeing condition...just like plastic surgery or teeth whitening/ braces shouldn't be covered...

The over the top pussification / political correctness needs to stop at some point...we do shit anymore just to be nice to anyone wanting more attention

U wanna turn your cock into a vag then go for it but I dunno why I need to hear about it...TOO MUCH INFO!!!!! .... and every show on television having a LGBT of one kind or another needs to stop too...it's so silly...if it fits the story/premise then fine ... but the token LGBT is just as bad as the token black guy...so fucking cliché

I honestly don't care about colour of skin or sexual preference but why do I need it shoved in my face, be who u are ... congratulations ... I don't care ... just another face in the crowd as far as I'm concerned

LOOK HOW DIFFERENT I AM....BUT DON'T TREAT ME LIKE I'M DIFFERENT...it's gotten too over the top...

I am against transgender washrooms...u have a dick.. then use the Men's WR FFS...have some decency...and let kids figure out who they are by themselves....it's part of growing up...a 5yo changes their mind 1000 times a day...they dunno what they want yet...get a grip

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Where did everyone go?

Not everybody is going to vote for Clinton, and then come back and gloat that Trump won the election like you did.

Your behavior is puzzling. Not long ago you posted a lengthy narrative about why voting for Hillary was ultimately the best option even though you were a conservative. The moment it appeared Trump may win you jumped back over the fence and acted like you were with him the whole time. Doesn't say much for your convictions. Guess it's more about winning?

That's a bit unfair.  Look at my post on your forum. I specifically called out that my support for Clinton (which I stand by) wasn't an abandonment of my values.  I'm very nervous how Trump will handle international agreements. I HATE Russia. But if working with them is in the best interest of America in some capacity, do it.

But you think after all my posts and issues with the DNC, that I wouldn't be estatic to see the party implode?  After you and others were celebrating the supposed end of the GOP? You guys thought you had it in the bag. That America was on your side and 2004 was a fluke.

States that haven't been red since Reagan became red last night. The DNC is in shambles. Yea, I'm enjoying this.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Why does it matter if kids see it?

Are you serious? If you feel that way, why stop at trannies? Lets mainstream the dog fuckers of America. How about pedophiles. It never stops. Society cant cater to all these fringe groups just because you want children drowning in it.

Before anyone starts in with faux outrage, I'm not comparing them to dog fuckers and pedophiles. Just pointing out that when you start mainstreaming fringe groups you'll simply dig deeper into pandora's box.

I don't care if my not wanting these fringe groups going mainstream comes off as "intolerant". Most people agree which is why we're in the opening phase of a cultural shift.

Just because you don't want 5 year old boys being forced to wear dresses and pretend to be girls doesn't make you intolerant. That line of thinking shows how far this nonsense was allowed to go before society decided to put the screws to it.

BTW, black people still call themselves niggers. The word is considered peaches and cream....unless a white person says it....then it becomes a bad word.

The GOP argue that the transexual population is minuscule, but at the same time bemoan their hostile takeover of our public restrooms. How big of a problem can this really be then?

That's kinda my point. If the media stops pushing this like its some major thing, it goes away quickly. There aren't enough of them to make it a mainstream issue so stop pushing it as such. They have been trying to force this issue on the general public.

We've had enough obviously.

The over the top pussification / political correctness needs to stop at some point

THis will probably be the best thing about a Trump presidency. We're gonna get to go back to normal finally.

every show on television having a LGBT of one kind or another needs to stop too...

Yeah I'm sick of this too. They ruined my two favorite shows with this nonsense(Veep and Rizzoli) and almost ruined the other but it was with a minor character at that point(Parenthood).

This happened at the right time. They were about to start pushing genderfluid kids as actors on TV shows.

Kermit weighs in on the election....

15n9fsk.jpg

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Where did everyone go?

Not everybody is going to vote for Clinton, and then come back and gloat that Trump won the election like you did.

Your behavior is puzzling. Not long ago you posted a lengthy narrative about why voting for Hillary was ultimately the best option even though you were a conservative. The moment it appeared Trump may win you jumped back over the fence and acted like you were with him the whole time. Doesn't say much for your convictions. Guess it's more about winning?

That's a bit unfair.  Look at my post on your forum. I specifically called out that my support for Clinton (which I stand by) wasn't an abandonment of my values.  I'm very nervous how Trump will handle international agreements. I HATE Russia. But if working with them is in the best interest of America in some capacity, do it.

But you think after all my posts and issues with the DNC, that I wouldn't be estatic to see the party implode?  After you and others were celebrating the supposed end of the GOP? You guys thought you had it in the bag. That America was on your side and 2004 was a fluke.

States that haven't been red since Reagan became red last night. The DNC is in shambles. Yea, I'm enjoying this.

So is the GOP, though. It's officially the party of Breitbart. I can see a purple coalition starting from this, centrist democrats and republicans. I will say that if the big message democrats get out of this is that they need to go even farther left, like Gavin Newsom and Elizabeth Warren, then yeah, the party is going into the dark ages. But going by what the Rustbelt dems are saying today, that's not what they're thinking.

But these four years are going to be a clusterfuck.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think both parties are in big trouble and could also see some alliance of sorts forming....maybe even two which will point out even further the absurdity of these two parties. One alliance of members of both parties working with Trump to get us back on track and the other both extremes coming together to obstruct everything because they cant stand the thought of anything changing for the better.

Independent need to gear up for the mid terms. This election was truly historic. We're willing to vote for people who aren't lifelong partisan hacks in the pockets of special interest groups. Indepenents are bat shit crazy if they don't take advantage of this fact. ITs possible that within two election cycles you could remove a hefty chunk of both dems and repubs from power.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

So is the GOP, though. It's officially the party of Breitbart. I can see a purple coalition starting from this, centrist democrats and republicans. I will say that if the big message democrats get out of this is that they need to go even farther left, like Gavin Newsom and Elizabeth Warren, then yeah, the party is going into the dark ages. But going by wheat the Rustbelt dems are saying today, that's not what they're thinking.

The GOP is still recovering from its neocon mistake. Trump and the tea party have nothing in common but anger. The GOP is going to move towards its Rockefeller era. Socially conservative issues that stemmed from the Bible thumpers just aren't popular anymore. Trump held up a Rainbow flag!  He made an appeal to LGBT people in his convention speech.

As others have said, the left went too far. Trying to compare trans people with marriage equality was a bridge too far. Most Republicans aren't even against abortion, they just don't think it should be a form of birth control.

The population is behind Trump in immigration. The country doesn't want an open border. They're with Trump on taking care of America first. We heard Obama and Clinton make speeches about every group in and outside the US besides white males. Like the article Art posted on SLC's forum, every identity group was ok except white males.  You have to feel guilty and apologize for being part of that group.

The Republicans with Trump just won their first culture war. You're absolutely right, if the DNC looks to Warren or Sanders, they're going to do self harm. They look to a Biden or Bloomberg type, they have a great chance of winning in 2020.

But the next 4 years are going to be awesome. All the accusations and labels of treason they've lobbed at the GOP the past 8 years are cemented in cyberspace should they try to shut down D.C.  But not a single democrat is necessary to pass legislation for the next 2 years. I hope they decide to work with the GOP. I want the partisanship to end. But they drew first blood. They crossed the forbidden line. If the GOP returns the favor, they have no one to blame but themselves.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess...

But I'll tell you what....the Wasserman-Schultz/DNC/Clinton fiasco was an enormous self inflicted wound that perhaps wasn't given the attention it deserves.

At least the Republicans followed through with Donald Trump. The DNC manipulated things to make Hillary the winner of the primaries much to the chagrin of their own party.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Right now, third party candidates are a joke and only serve the purpose of being spoiler. Johnson wanted to get enough of a % to make the Libertarian Wing a legitimate party, which he failed to do. If they could make a Unity party that could work. There are a lot of moderate Republicans who feel they don't have a party and a lot of moderate Democrats that saw the warning signs about losing the white blue collar vote. I think the election was an anomaly, the wrong guy at the right time, and they may just try to wait him out... But if there are a lot of scandals, abuse of power, ineptitude, there is a recession, I can't see many Republicans wanting to go down with the ship.

The big thing out of this election night was that Hillary was a very polarizing figure, and the perfect piñata for a lot of outrage. Biden would have won. The Hillary hate advantage ended last night.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So is the GOP, though. It's officially the party of Breitbart. I can see a purple coalition starting from this, centrist democrats and republicans. I will say that if the big message democrats get out of this is that they need to go even farther left, like Gavin Newsom and Elizabeth Warren, then yeah, the party is going into the dark ages. But going by wheat the Rustbelt dems are saying today, that's not what they're thinking.

The GOP is still recovering from its neocon mistake. Trump and the tea party have nothing in common but anger. The GOP is going to move towards its Rockefeller era. Socially conservative issues that stemmed from the Bible thumpers just aren't popular anymore. Trump held up a Rainbow flag!  He made an appeal to LGBT people in his convention speech.

As others have said, the left went too far. Trying to compare trans people with marriage equality was a bridge too far. Most Republicans aren't even against abortion, they just don't think it should be a form of birth control.

The population is behind Trump in immigration. The country doesn't want an open border. They're with Trump on taking care of America first. We heard Obama and Clinton make speeches about every group in and outside the US besides white males. Like the article Art posted on SLC's forum, every identity group was ok except white males.  You have to feel guilty and apologize for being part of that group.

The Republicans with Trump just won their first culture war. You're absolutely right, if the DNC looks to Warren or Sanders, they're going to do self harm. They look to a Biden or Bloomberg type, they have a great chance of winning in 2020.

But the next 4 years are going to be awesome. All the accusations and labels of treason they've lobbed at the GOP the past 8 years are cemented in cyberspace should they try to shut down D.C.  But not a single democrat is necessary to pass legislation for the next 2 years. I hope they decide to work with the GOP. I want the partisanship to end. But they drew first blood. They crossed the forbidden line. If the GOP returns the favor, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Republicans laid the ground work for an obstructionist agenda, one Trent Lott started. They just said, when they were sure Trump would lose, they vowed not to vote on Hillary's supreme court nominee for four years and wait until the next election. They stated that. It worked for them, so why not? Filibuster everything and wait Trump out. I don't want to see it, but if that's the game plan I can't blame them. They can't rely on Hillary hate anymore, he's the most disliked president already... They can just wait.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The DNC is in shambles. Yea, I'm enjoying this.

Everything is in shambles today, and the GOP is not excluded. In fact they may be worse off for this than the Dems. They now have to lead, as one party, and I can guarantee you that shit ain't happening. Not with Bannon in Trump's ear. The Breitbart constituency has scores to settle inside the GOP, and this is their big chance.

Yea they'll be a honeymoon period, but it's going to get ugly alright.

Board footer