You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Metallica new song 'Hardwired', new album Nov. 18th

metallex78 wrote:

My biggest criticism of the album would be the guitar solos. They seem very uninspired and don't really add a lot to the songs.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I have resisted the urge to download the leak as well. I miss the old days of actually buying your music on release day and since this will be the first Metallica album I've bought since the 90s, I can gladly wait to appreciate it. God I miss record stores.

This album is certainly shaping up to be like Load-Reload and I am fine with that.

Now they just need Jason back.....

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I wouldn't say it's like Load or Reload, as neither of those albums had anything thrashy and fast as Hardwired, Atlas Rise or Spit Out The Bone, but there are definitely moments that sound like they'd fit into the Load era. Like I said, I think this album mixes all eras of the band.

johndivney wrote:

Listening now & my first reaction was, 'I wish GnR would fucking release a new album that blows these fuckers away."

I gotta agree with metallex &a the solo's. TBH that was something I picked up on over the first 3 songs & was worried coming into the album.
Aside from that, I think it's certainly their best in fuckin ages & am quite liking it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I picked up the deluxe edition this morning...listened to the first disk so far...the riffage on song 3 is huge!!!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Amazon fucked me on the Vinyl.  After saying it would be here today for the past week, they emailed me this morning to say it won't be here until the 28th.  So I went and bought the deluxe vinyl from my local record store.  Neemo is right, that 3rd song is badass.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

That sucks flagg

Confusion is an amazing track too! Holy fuck! 9

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

YEah it really sucks. Looks like it can be streamed on Amazon but I might as well just DL it from pirate bay. The music industry is so screwed. People WANT to buy the album but must jump through extra hoops to do something so simple in our youth.

I might swing by Best Buy tomorrow.....IF they have it.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Absolutely loving this. Pleasantly surprised - didn't love the songs individually they released leading up to it, but they work so much better in the context of a full album. Production is lightyears ahead of their past few and they all sound re-energised. Their best record since the Black album methinks. Seems to nicely capture all the best elements of their sound through their career. Current fav is 'Now that we're dead'.

Agree in part about the soloing although i've never thought Hammett is a great in terms of expression and feel. There are some nice flourishes though. James and Lars have really stepped it up on this one though.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

This album is one of the worst piles of shit I have heard in a long time if not the worst. Metallica should hang it up and save their legacy.

There comes a time when washed-up bands and artists should stop recording just because they can, does n`t mean they should. Shitallica is a prime example.

No.

Taste is subjective, and while this ain't Re-Ride The Lightening, you clearly never heard LuLu.

This is a damned good album.  Replace Murder One with Lords Of Summer, put the whole thing on one disc and shorten a couple of tracks, and this goes from being a solid 8/10 to a 9.5.

Without going into the long version of my rant, I have appreciated all of this bands records for different reasons. (The lone exception beng the collaboration with Lou Reed. That was a kiddie pool filled with dirty diapers) I even initially loved St. Anger the first time I heard it, because, despite it's glaring faults, it had an energy and aggression that had been missing for quite some time.

The first 4 records ( I'll even say 5) were Metallica. Everything after that was Tallica. Death Magnetic was a decent mash-up of both bands. Hardwired... To Self-Destruct's overall flow and cohesion exposes how contrived and fan-service-y Magnetic actually sounds, and I went from really digging it for years, to now. It's uncomfortable to listen to.

This is the sound of them finally being confident again. Halo On Fire, Bone, Am I Savage?, Moth... <3 I've seen other people dig songs I'm indifferent towards and some people hate songs I love. That's a good signn.

Between both discs there's something any past or present Metallica fan can get into.
Unless they're a trolling cunt.

Board footer